Hearst Magazines / Subscription &Bills&

Hearst Magazines
I received a pretty threatening letter from G.L. Vaulk, whoever that is...

"Dear Subscriber:

"When you ordered your subscription with the convenience of being billed later, we fully believed you would send payment upon receipt of your invoice. Since we have no record of your payment at this time, your good standing with us is at risk."

It goes on to tell me that I can send them money and we'll be best friends again (in other words).

Well, Ms./Mr. Vaulk, explain this for me:

Let's say that you're right and I said that I wanted to be billed later and I received an invoice from you now. Wouldn't that mean that I've gotten an issue for this subscription that you're billing me for? Well, then why does my Invoice (Order number [protected]) say that the first issue is SEPTEMBER 2009 for this invoice? That's two months away. This is ludicrous. If I had selected to be billed later, I wouldn't be getting an invoice for the year ahead of me.

I last paid for a 12-month subscription to Cosmopolitan on July 20th, 2008. I've received twelve issues. I just went in and canceled my subscription tonight because of this.

I never selected an option to be billed for anything. I never want to be billed for anything. I pay for everything I can up front.

To get this annoying treatment from a company that's been getting my money for years is ridiculous. I'm unsubscribing my mother from Good Housekeeping and the Food Network Magazine next time I do her books. You will never get another dime from me.

N  23rd of Jul, 2009 by
Aw, you're just a dumb troll.

If they don't care, then that's their problem. I still think it's wrong how they're sending collection letters on products that haven't even been provided.
A  17th of Aug, 2009 by
I never renewed my subscription to Cosmo but they kept sending it anyway and now they want me to pay for it. I get letters from the same person you listed above, but never do they provide phone numbers for me to call them to straighten anything out. I have recently started emailing them every day and telling them to call me but they won't call me. Instead they keep emailing me. Today I asked them to remove me from their list and kindly stop harassing me.

As for whether or not they care, believe me, they care when people start canceling orders. Why else would they try to back people into corners like this by saying they renewed something they haven't renewed? They will be lucky if I don't decide to sue them for harassment before this is over.