HDFC bank / varying and in-convenient ecs dates

1 India Review updated:

I have taken a personal loan from HDFC and filled an ECS mandate form after loan approval. But the bank representative who took all the forms and completed documents did not tell me about the ECS date.

In the month of repayment of first EMI, I suddenly received an SMS quoting that my first EMI through ECS was due on 7th day of that month. Please note that this date is not convenient for me as all my funds and salary transfer on 7th itself or by 10th day of the month.

Moreover, the ECS transaction is being held on different dates. Once it was held on 8th, once on 9th and other time on 7th day of the month. Due to this discrepancy I could not deposit money in my account and finally I was penalized by my bank (ICICI) with which I had my salary account.

When I contacted HDFC customer care, I was informed that this date could only be decided at the time of form filling when my loan was approved. So, the customer should have right to choose the appropriate date as per his/her convenience. But the banks are not giving that right/ information to the customers and making them fool like HDFC bank did to me.

Comments

• Ga
      3rd of Oct, 2007

Sir my hdfc salary a/c no is 169450065154 with ATM now i am retired from army service. my salary is stoped now my a/c is closed by bank my balance is not recd my a/c no is ponda (goa) branch please remaining balance send with my address

my home address :-

Gavali Prabhuling Dhondappa
    Santh gajanan mharaj Socity, Near Shiv Chatrpati High school, Kondwa Bk pune - 48

• Jy
      13th of Jun, 2008

HDFC Bank is the worst bank in this world. They ask for so many documentation before loan approval. And they deduct money from your savings account without your approval for your credit card dues and do not even reverse it.

• Di
      3rd of Jul, 2008

dear sir/mdm
    on date of 30th june i draw 15000 rs from hdfc bank ATM at centrel market panjabi bagh delhi but i have got no amount but amount detected from my account. then i place a complained in customer care & my complained no is 190041705 but there is no response from hdfc bank till now . ifor yors kind information i m ur custmer from six yearso kindly give attention towords me, thanks
    Regards
    dinesh kumar sharma
    A/C No 00031050245885
    Ph no 9310829757

18th of Sep, 2008

Dear Sir /Madam,

On 22 July 2008, your field executive came to my office & requested for opening A/c.. I agreed to it & given my my cheque & other details, & informed him that i need Ghatkopar Branch & then too your executive Mr. Ganesh Pawar - Cell No. 9324615748 had opend my A/c at Carwfard Market...
    Today my A/c is open, but still date i havent received a welcome kit... customere care says that my address is incomplete, but then too on same address i received customer Id no, & my debit card PIN No. without debit card...

Then i Opened A/c with Bank of Borad, with in 7 working days i received my all details & now i am happily banking with BANK OF BOARD..

Its was harrsment for me to open A/c with HDFC... Since 2months i following up, but till today no response..

Regards,
    Charulata Chauhan
    A/c no: 01431000138090
    Cell: 91 98920 99339..

• Bh
      26th of Sep, 2008

This is Bharathimohan, Ac no: 05741040000458. Branch:Kodambakkam in chennai.This is salary account.

I DID GOT DEDIT CARD, I WANT DEDIT CARD

i working as markering executive in HDFC Bank in Kodambakkam in chennai.i got cheaque book today26.09.2008, but i did got debit card, so i want debit card, mailing address: 2/118 North Street, Athivetti(post)Pattukkottai(TK)Thanjavur(Dist)

• Vi
      20th of Oct, 2008

i did not get my credit card yet so plz inform me where it is when should delivered to me at my off add me 3 dr g.c narang marg near university metro sta

• Co
      29th of Mar, 2009

For last 5 weeks I am getting calls to pay credit card dues of amounts ranging from 3000 to 40, 000 Rupees. I have repeated requested transaction details in email or on phone or in person through HDFC executive but these requests were not fulfilled. My email ID was taken but no statement was sent. It seems I am being targeted for harrasement. Today I got call from a lady called Khushi from +911143055936 around 12:58 pm who claimed an outstanding amount of 40, 000. She said her Head from Bangalore will join a conference call. Later another lady called saying sorry it was not 40, 000 but 4, 000. I again expect HDFC to not harras by multiple calls, provide facts and then claim amounts. The rudeness of this entire pattern of behaviour has shocked me and I intend to lodge complaints with RBI, Police or any other authority that will take swift and stringent action against HDFC bank.
    Thanks
    Ujwal Tickoo

• Ms
      6th of May, 2009

Dear all,
    Take my sincere advise. Do not open account with HDFC, you may consider closing the bank account instead. I hold an account with them at the Dwarka branch in New Delhi. believe me for the past 3-4 months I have tried in vain to get my address changed with the bank. I have posted two requests with all documentry proofs, followed it up with the grievence cell and the bank manager Mr Pathak on e mails and telephones, sent further documentry proofs on assurance that the job is already over. only to be told by the bank SORRY...START ALL OVER AGAIN.I still remember how the agent from the bank pleaded and begged to convince me open an account with HDFC.I am yet to come across a more insensitive organisation.
    Ms Madhulika Raman

• Yo
      6th of May, 2009

I have applied for loan. your bank are saying that loan i will get within a week. but from last 15 days still, I am not getting any responce from your bank. you have collected all the required documments from me 15 days befor. I have received a massage on my mobile that my loan application has been accepted. but still i am not getting loan till now. Please do neccessary action regarding this matter.

• Ye
      24th of Jun, 2010

dear sir,
    i have cash on call loan rs.150000.00, getting installments every month 5705.34, but in between that installment is going up to 7585/-, why it is comming like that .
    in that loan period i am not used my card for any purchase,
    i want clarity from you.
    y.sudhakar,