HDFC bank / varying and in-convenient ecs dates
I have taken a personal loan from HDFC and filled an ECS mandate form after loan approval. But the bank representative who took all the forms and completed documents did not tell me about the ECS date.
In the month of repayment of first EMI, I suddenly received an SMS quoting that my first EMI through ECS was due on 7th day of that month. Please note that this date is not convenient for me as all my funds and salary transfer on 7th itself or by 10th day of the month.
Moreover, the ECS transaction is being held on different dates. Once it was held on 8th, once on 9th and other time on 7th day of the month. Due to this discrepancy I could not deposit money in my account and finally I was penalized by my bank (ICICI) with which I had my salary account.
When I contacted HDFC customer care, I was informed that this date could only be decided at the time of form filling when my loan was approved. So, the customer should have right to choose the appropriate date as per his/her convenience. But the banks are not giving that right/ information to the customers and making them fool like HDFC bank did to me.
More HDFC bank Complaints & Reviews
- Smartpay, HDFC - deactivate facility 
- HDFC Home Loan - agreement fooling customers 
- HDFC Bank Ltd - releaving and full and final settlement of my providend fund and pending salary 
- HDFC Bank Personal Loan - delay in the processing 
- HDFC Bank Atm Debit Card - atm txn declined, money debited from sb nre a/c of hdfc bank 
- HDFC BANK - About collection department
- HDFC BANK - Poor Poor Poor branch service
- HDFC BANK - Credit card Bills 
- HDFC BANK - deduction of money from my credit card without information 
- HDFC BANK - credit card