HDFC bank / personal loan

IN Review updated:

I have a savings account (AC no. [protected] ) in HDFC Bank at Hitec city Branch, Madhapur, Hyderabad since last 26 months. I also have loan with the same bank. My track was very good as none of my cheques have bounced till date.

I recently applied for a personal loan of Rs.1, 60, 000 in my bank(loan ref no:[protected]) and was assured by the sales executive and his manager that i was eligible to get the loan (also they made me close an existing Staff loan which I had in my company to have the eligibility) and was asked to show the papers.The process has started and they found my track is also good, as CIBIL report was pretty decent enough and none of enquiries have failed. Then suddenly these people rejected my application without a valid reason explained to me.I was totally shocked by this unproffessional behaviour of this bank. When I asked the reason they are telling as I have another loan I cannot apply for this loan, if that is the case, the sales manager should have informed me well in advance, if not then the credit people have no right to stop my file as I am having eligibility and good track record they cannot reject my file just like that with out proper reason explained to the customer. Stragely the costumer care department is also does not answer our queries satisfactorily.

What is it? Are these guys just making a fool of us or what? Who should we address such issues to? What was my fault in this whole scene? Of course I am in great need of money, and that is why I applied for this loan. Are these guys just playing with our emotions and need, or simply, with us? I wanted to escalate the issue to the higher authorities of the HDFC bank, but then... there are no contact details available, not even with the customercare... Is this what they call "Customer Service"?

I want to know if the assurances that HDFC gives are just limited till their brochures.
I request the bank management to pay attention to this.

Sr

Comments

• Ra
      Sep 11, 2007

No response from HDFC regarding personal loan, though contacted thrice through phone banking.

May 19, 2008

Sir,
    Sub : Delay in personal loan process -reg.

As I am a salary a/c holder for the past 3 years in HDFC Bank, I have applied for the personal loan on 7-April-2008 in T.Nagar branch.Triggering of the loan process was done through HDFC call center people (in loan section) canvassing business over mobile phone and they promised that the loan will be sanctioned with-in 7 days from the date of apply.

Even though all documents submitted and verifications done successfully, Yet I didn't get any proper response / status updates from those people / bank.

If the loan could not be processed then please return my documents.

• Ra
      Jan 03, 2009

I am Ravish Kumar. I applied for the personnel loan on 15 Dec, 2008 and the concerned persons of hdfc bank told me that they will transfer the loan into my account with in a week but till now (3 jan, 2009)i could not find any response from HDFC Bank. Please let me know whether you are interestd to provide personnel loan to me or not. I applied for the loan of Rs 50 thousand with EMI of 2520 p/m for 2 years but could not getting any response from the HDFC bank. I called so many times to the concerned persons of the HDFC bank and on each time i got response that your file is in process and within 1 or 2 days loan will be transferred to your account. I am still waiting for those 1 or 2 days that are not ending from last 20 days... For more details please call me at [protected]. Please take some action to avoid further inconvenience.
    Regards
    Ravish kumar

Aug 07, 2009

Sub : Request you to revise my Rs. 827/- against AQD deductions belongs to Salary Account.

Dear Sir,

This is Subashini. I am having salary account in HDFC bank since May 2008. From that day my salary is getting cleared in the same account without fail. Inspite of AQD, the sum of Rs.827 has been deducted from my account. Kindly reverse the amount and help me for the same. My Account Number is [protected].

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,
    Subashini

• Mu
      Mar 26, 2011

Dear All,
    I hereby draw your kind attention that i have a personal loan of 3lac bearing # [protected] whcih was taken in the year 2008 and is sechduled to close in 2012...I have not defaulted in any of the emis, though ECS get bounced and i pay the emi 7456 on 26th of every month... to-day a caller called up and i ask her to send an executove on monday for the same.. she took time of 10-12.. then after an hr your officer Tanisha called up and sys i will have to pay to-day and wh will not given time till 28th...and then she even used a word " defaulter" to treat me and compelled me to pay to-day in threatning way .. she even sys if not paid to-day then she will send executives everyday...she was shouting on top of her voice and used other unparliamentry words...
    i want to ask one thing that is this the way to treat somebody who is not even one payment default and in current status...
    i need a reply on the same on my e-mail id " [protected]@gmail.com"

Apr 21, 2013

respected sir,
    i am working in a hospital, were i too stay, which is a company provided hostel.recently i have applied for a loan (personal loan) in hdfc, they have got all of my requirements two times and at the final process they say that my loan has been rejected.i never told me the reason for that. Meanwhile my friends everyone got the loan for the same address and proof which i have submitted.so sir please look in to it and make the clearance.