HDFC bank / poor service!

I am regular customer of hdfc bank from past 6 months. I shifted my account from ICICI bank to this bank. Being a customer of their bank from 6 months, I requested for a credit card for so many time, but I haven't got any positive response from them.

I am working in SIEMENS and my salary gets credited to HDFC bank only and I am maintaining a very good banking status with them. But Rather they offer me something I always use to ask for a credit card. I got a call from them also, but it was a pathatic customer service from their end. They were even least bother about my position in a company and also treated me as if I am begging for this card. I am really disappoint with the customer service they have provided to me and I am going to give up the relation with them.

Poor service!

N  7th of Jun, 2007 by
Our firm Sri Janki stores had installed credit-debit card machine from HDFC bank. During one of our transaction customer's card was swiped thrice. But this transaction was not shown. But later when the customer checked his bank details he found three entries have been made. As we had made all his entries void the amount was transferred from our account. Till date the customer have not received his amount, so we had given him the cash money from our account. After repeated complaints made to HDFC bank Asansol Branch, till date we have not received the money in our account after giving the bank a written letter from the customer that he has received the cash from Sri Janki Stores.

Beware people!
N  13th of Sep, 2007 by
I have account in your Hulsur branch this is long time back may be 7 months what i need still i could not get ATM card
So please reply me
Account No: 2861050021692
N  6th of Nov, 2007 by
I had the worst experience in my life with HDFC bank, and I am expecting a response from a senior person from HDFC who would understand me.

I work as a support engineer in a BPO for Microsoft, An unfortunate incident happened with me when I was traveling by local train when I realized that someone picked my pocket and I lost my purse which contained 4 credit cards and Rs.650.00 my personal diary two debit cards and one ATM card and few of my personal stuffs.

This happened with me while I was going back home after my shift at 06.30 am. I rushed to the bank and blocked all the cards that I had so that no one could misuse it.

I walked around 8 KM to reach the bank since I had no money to pay the bus fare. Finally I reached HDFC bank so that I could get some cash for the next day to go to office.

I spoke to the Branch Manager Name Namrath Kotian (Emp. Code : N0025). She said he would only give me the money if I have the check book with me, and I have no other option available.

I explained her about the whole incident happened with me, and informed him that I stay far away from the railway station and it is around 16 KM away and I don’t even have a single penny to go back home. And I have a 2 year old account with HDFC and I haven’t used a single check am not sure i

She repeated the same script and kept ignoring me.

I requested if I could give a written request. She said it up to her to decide, and she would not accept it.

Then I had to leave and walk 16 KM to home, even after having money in my account. I am not sure if she was following the company’s rule, or she was misusing her designation power.

And if it the company’s policy I would never ever use HDFC credit or debit card. Because policies are made for the convenience for the customer and not for harassment.

This could have happened to any body, and if this the treatment that we will receive from HDFC I think no one would open a account.

The Branch Manager Name Namrath Kotian (Emp. Code : N0025) also gave me this in writing that she cannot give me cash without debit card or Check book.

I wanted to bring this to your notice so that this can be avoided in future.

And also want to inform you that I am very dissatisfied and disappointed with the service.

Hoping for a response and hope some one would take this seriously!

Kochumon Nair
D  31st of Dec, 2007 by
ms hdfc,
my credit card number #5289451200106066.

recently i have received a letter dt.27.12.07 regarding payment for the incidence happend in july.
at thailand. and inspite of my repeated representation your bank had not taken any active steps so far.you are interested only to put interest on the amount which i have not paid.
paying money is simple.but somewhere it has to be stopped otherwise this mistake will continue for everyone.
i don'twant to beat the bush again and again and had decided to pay only when my problems are either solved or properly dealt with becos i am your customer and operating a large volume of money in your bank.
i request you to gothrough the papers i have submitted and it is me who had agreement with the hotel and the asia room agent for booking the room.
i am unhappy with your Bpo at coimbatore for her harsh words towards me.
money is money and it is difficult for everybody and if you don't answer the only way is that i can ask the assistance of reseve bank of india.

dr. raja.
N  11th of Jan, 2008 by
I am working with Intertek, a well know MNC. I had experienced a worrysome situation with my HDFC Debit card. On 5th of Jan 2008, I did some purchasing of Rs.3831.00 with my HDFC debit card in Amway India office (CBD Belapur branch). Amway office did the swaping twice & the amount was taken twice from my account i.e. 2 X Rs.3831.00 = 7662.00.

Today when I checked my HDFC mini statement & found this problem I contacted the HDFC phonebanking services & they replied that if I am able to get the transaction paid slip ,then bank can transfer the balance amt to my account & if i don't have the same it will take long time !!!!!!!

Can anybody from HDFC senior customer service person help me to get my money back. I am really shocked & i am waiting for the positive reply from HDFC customer service. Pl.help...
N  1st of Feb, 2008 by

I have taken loan from HDFC bank in November 2006 for Hero Honda Bike. (Agent name Pramod Mobile 9892801458) thru dealer Ambika motors Owner Kashyap mobile number 9321069201 , 9898994334. Till date inspite of several reminders for last 1 year he has not given me the RC Book and has also not tracable as he has shifted his Dealer outlet. whenever I call for the RC book the person on the no asks for money for RC book. Kindly look into the matter and do the needful.
N  12th of Jan, 2009 by
The Branch Manager
Chitlapakkam Branch

Sub: Details about negative balance.
I have a balance around Rs. 500 in my salary account (account no: 2601610007516) on 07/01/2009. A few days later that amount will deducted and also it shown the negative balance of Rs. 3000/-. May I know the reason.
Please mail me the following details:
1. From whom that payment has made?
2. How do you made that payment even there is no sufficient amount in my account?
3. Why did not return that payment, why do you give that much of importance to that payment?
I need detail explanation within two days.
R. Jayaraj.
A  25th of Apr, 2009 by
yes agreed
N  21st of Dec, 2009 by
The worst among the private banks of India, arrogant (do not even reply to complaints) and indifferent that a customer with tens of lakhs in their current account and potential business worth Crores might be treated with courtesy. And it is the New Delhi GK2 branch staff who need to to turfed out.

HDFC Bank Logo HDFC Bank