HDFC Bank / rude customer service!

1 India Review updated:

I have a major issue with HDFC bank, where I have opted for credit card and on December, 2006 I have requested for full & Final settlement but they didn’t react on this and end of December, 2006 one of the HDFC representative came for the collection, I was very frustrated even then I made the payment and finally I said to this representative that please do the F&F after making lots of calls and requests they came in January, 2007 for the settlement. The letter was dated December, 2006 where I said what is this why this letter is back dated that representative said sir your letter was printed last month and this letter comes from Chennai office that’s why its got delay and we came in January, 2007. Where I need to pay 30K, in this regard I said I have already paid 3k after doing lots of request and calls then they said ok sir please issue us 27K cheque for the settlement and I do the same.

After 2 months HDFC start calling me for the payment where I said I have already done the settlement but HDFC says sorry, for the settlement you didn’t made the payment in one shot that’s why your F&F is not valid.

In this regard I have a letter from HDFC stating about F&F settlement plus a receipt for the same but still every day I am getting calls.

I am totally fed up and frustrated and every time they are using very bad language even 2-3 times they were very rude to my wife and many times they use abusive language.

Comments

• Mo
      19th of Jul, 2007

Absolutely right, this is a very poor and 3rd class service provider bank, i had paid to bank Rs 5799.00 to open an account in Apr 2006 but till now neither account is opened nor money returned to us by bank. A complaint against banks was lodged in consumer court is running now but no any judgment has come yet now.

mohd. shakir Khan
    add-1/436, UIT,Bhiwadi(Raj.)
    Mob-09828413474, 01493-511012.

• Ps
      7th of Aug, 2007

I had an impression that HDFC Bank falls in the category of quality service providers, till such time I interacted with the Bank for the very first time and was shocked to see the state of affairs. Normally my family members had been dealing with this bank.

Based on this experience I would like to agree with complaints posted above.

One day I had gone to HDFC Bank Branch in SAKET in New Delhi to get a draft made. It was Friday. I was told that their printer is not working and therefore they cannot issue me the draft. I took it lightly and went off thinking that I would get it made other day. So coming Monday, I again visited the bank and the shocking reply that was given to me was - "Printer is out of order and we cannot help you."

This, I think is the worst a bank can do with its clients. It is unfortunate that a bank of this stature has to be pulled down by its staff members - generally ranking them in professional category - which they are not for sure.

I doubt people understand in reality as to what customer service means in actuality?

• Ga
      20th of Aug, 2007

It was incident of today morning, at hdfc bank, kanpur (govind nagar branch).

I work in a pvt company who had deposited their cheque 6 days back for clearing. But till date it was not showing its status in internet account detail.

For this reason we need to contact hdfc bank chennai (anna nagar )branch.

So i went to the bank where i was told to seek assistance from mr. Vikas awasthi. While i contacted mr. Vikas Awasthi he answered and behaved so rudely that i hadn't expected from any employ of the such a bank of repute.

I really felt very hurted. This behavior of that employee made me so off that i have decided never to have services from hdfc bank.

Its a really shameful for hdfc group.

• Sh
      20th of Aug, 2007

I completely agree with above. It seems that HDFC has no control on their employees. Its really shameful for HDFC, they cant give good services.

Shashank

28th of Aug, 2007

Hi,

I cant disclose my identity on this webpage because of some personal reasons.

I am a Customer of HDFC bank. I have a Gold Credit Card and for some reason, I have utilised the full credit limit of my card. The recovery agent Of HDFC credit card branch Bangalore name Jayanti and her senior Soumya (Phone no of Jayanthi for reference 99002767644) is such a frustrated lady i have ever seen.

I was out of station for 20 days and my payment was due, meanwhile she made number of calls to my residence knowing that i have given my cell phone number for any correspondences, she has deliberately called up people at my residence harassing them.

She created complete mental trauma for my family people by calling them like 15 - 20 times in a day, saying that she ( Jayanti) has the power to put me behind bars. Not to mention her Abusive language, Awe what a vocabulary she has got, I think that HDFC bank trains them wiht this kind of language before the work.

Can Somebody look into this and please stop this menace being created by some people in you bank. Because odf this lady (Jayanti) HDFC bank is getting a wrong name.

I am getting sick and frustrated because of this wonderful service provided by HDFC bank.

• Bh

Chennai.

Dear Sir/Madam,
    Sub: Request for change of address and new delivery Instruction slip book – Reg
    Client ID: 14937990.

This has reference to above subject that I had applied for new delivery Instruction Slip book and active our account (Mine & My wife) on 22nd June 2007.

In this connection till date I hadn’t received the new delivery instruction slip.
    Then I had a subsequent discussion with your customer care peoples and Blue dart courier Persons.
    But I had clearly mentioned the new delivery address, which sent request letter to you earlier.

Because this I had very despondent of your service. I cant able to access my account . I had been waiting for past three month.I am not excepting this kind of obsession from you.

Hence I request you that kindly send us the delivery instruction slip book to the following address at the earliest.

M/S. Transport corporation of India Ltd.,

Hdfc Bank - Kanpur - Foreclosure approval
    India

HDFC bank
    Branch - Kanpur

They are not giving the approval to foreclose the loan and they are fooling me from 10 days and their head of the personal loan department MR PANKAJ MAHESHWARI is not giving us any confirm statement to our talk for the approval. Anyone suggest.

• Mr
      23rd of Sep, 2007

I am not about to withdraw my balance amount Rs. 4000+ due to closure of my account. Kindly re-open my account.

• Pt
      23rd of Sep, 2007

This PTKumar form BANGALORE

On 15-9-2007 I got amount in my account through hdfc personal loan 297000/Rs.
    But this amount is dispatched me such long time.

I am going to cancellation the amount, But bank peoples are said it takes some time,
    I don’t know how much time taken for cancellation process.

I am went to the bank twice on(22-7-2007 waiting there around 2 hrs and 24-9-2007 also same, still bank peoples are saying wait some more time for process)
    I don’t know how much time taken for processing for cancellation.

• Ra
      12th of Oct, 2007

I totally agree that HDFC is an organization where the majority of the employees are quite rude to the customers. I w..a..s an unfortunate customer of theirs and then snapped all my interactions with them.

• Su
      22nd of Nov, 2007

This is very surprising me to hear offensive behaviors by staff of HDFC bank, Chennai. A complaint must to lodge against banker in appropriate form so that they should have a lesson before doing such things with others.

Sumer Singh Punia

• Le
      10th of Dec, 2007

Hi,

The service provided by the HDFC bank is worst and their staffs doesn't know on how to behave to the customers. I have availed a two wheeler loan in the bank and there was a problem in the ECS for a month and the check got bounced. So the executive came to the house and I asked him for the reason and asked him to come the next day to collect the money. He didn't turn and after a week they seized my bike for not paying that EMI without any kind of prior notice. I went to the bank to inquire on this and a spoke with a guy called Venkatraman (Collections Department) who seems to a manager there. The way he spoke was shocking. He said that there was never a mistake on bank and always the customers are wrong and the blame was on customers. He was very rude to me and asked me to do anything that I can and he would not return the bike.
    Then I spoke with two of his colleagues who also seems to be a manager one is Venkat ( Ph No. 9380877408) and Anand. Even they were rude and refuse to give me the bike.

Worst behavior by the bank staffs and I would suggest everyone not to get any kind of loan from HDFC bank and I am going to issue a court notice to them

• Ka
      26th of May, 2008

I m working in Casablanca since past 4 yrs. I opened a savings account eight years back in HDFC saket when the bank was very much new in India. I never used the acconts but now m in delhi and now i have been doing transactions since some months but i never got satisfied with their poor service.Recently i had to send some transfer to HDFC Hyderabad as someone was hospitalised and needed money urgently.Its been a weeek now and that money has not been debited yet.Its actually quite very poor in service.

I would suggest people not to go for any kind of banking with HDFC.

• Fa
      25th of Oct, 2008

u just send an email to customer care hdfc bank and the whole issue will be solved quickly

• Vi
      8th of Nov, 2008

HDFC collection department uses abusive languages always. They wont survive in this industry for a long time.

Regards
    Vijay

• Gi
      18th of Jan, 2009

Dear Sir,

I am Gian Chand, Prop. Of Apna Travels, . I used to give my vehicles on rent to CBOP. IN 2008 CBOP was converted to HDFC. They hired vehicles from me from April 2008 to Oct-Nov 2008 but hadn`t given me the payment yet which is about 1.10 lac. Three branches of your bank are involved in this which are CBOP HDFC Dhrampura, Chotti baradari and Leela Bhawan, Patiala.

Whenever I have asked for my payment they used to say that they had send the bill to their head office. But I have doubt that they have used my payment and are making excuses in front of me. Please enquire everything about this. So that I can get my payment.

• Ka
      25th of Apr, 2009

Hi,
    This is kamal kishore Mishra from kolkata(west Bengal).My Fiance owns a credit card from HDFC bank and she sometimes gets call from the collection department and Unfortunately I picked up the call and there was a representative from that particular department who used a lot of slang's to me unusually and he raised his voice against our caste and all.I want an appropriate action to be taken against him as soon as possible.His details are as follows:
    1)Name:Prosono Banerjee, Lindsay street, kolkata.
    thanks and regards.

• Iv
      28th of Apr, 2009

I have the same problem with HDFC Bank, recently I came to a settelement with the Bank and the bank behaved very rudely not only with me but also with my family members.After requesting for the person twice to come to my office to collect the payement, they are not coming, infact there excutive excutive managers all of them are abusive, I have manged to record the conversation and there are all third party callcenters and they are so much carried with the incentive and all that they are not bothered about anytime, i have already dropped a complain to HDFC and i know nothing will come up, but we got to do someting to stop this harrasment, I speacially when I found that i am not the only one here...

• To
      11th of Aug, 2009

eaxctly the same problem i am facing. Even after paying total amount for F&F ( 44K), HDFC bank asked me to pay Rs. 1500 as i delayed my last EMI. I paid that and was following up for no dues letter- but utterly surprized to see they have blocked 30K more from my account without any communication. After a months back and forth e-mail communication they gave me only one reasoning that your settlement stands null and void as you missed your EMI...they have debited 30K from my account now and I will be going to consumer court now!

Rajat Goswami

• Ku
      24th of Aug, 2009

Sir,

This is to inform you that I Kushal Madhogaria, have applied for a personal loan from your Bank with reference no. 15320758. After getting the loan application confirmation through sms I did not got any call from your end. Then later I contacted the concern Field Executive who came to complete all the formalities for the same. He informed me that there is some problem with my application and as I asked him the details then he told me that there is some RCU related problem with me application. As I asked him the details he told that I must have applied personal loan earlier and that time I must have given some forge documents and for that reason the bank’s credit is not processing my loan application. After this conversation I came to know the problem with my application.

Now as per my knowledge yes I had applied for the personal loan from your bank 10 to 11 months earlier. But that time my loan got approved and I completed all the post loan documentations. But later I received a phone call from your bank that they want to see some of my original documents so I gave your executive time to come to my off and see the original copies of all the documents. Your banks executive visited me at the given time and I produced him all the original copies of my documents, instead of the Xerox copy of the driving license. When I saw the copy of the driving license I was shocked as I never had a driving license and it was totally fake. Then I informed the guy from your bank that it was not mine and I have not given the copy of that document. Then he started telling me that we can understand that it could be made forged by the executive who was processing my loan formalities. I told him the name of the concern executive called Gautam and then he told me not to worry as bank is going to take a serious action against that individual. Later that executive who came to see the originals asked me some 1500 rupees as a banks fees to remove my name from the RCU list as the documents which was submitted was forge. I was very much pissed off with that demand from your bank for removing my name from your RCU list as I did not submitted any such documents. I clearly told him that I will not pay a single penny for that as this activity was done from your own employee. Then that guy started telling me that if you don’t give this amount then he will not remove my name from that list as you will never get any further loan from our bank. Later I thought that this guy wants to take advantage as I applied for a loan from your bank and I was totally against giving that amount. I told that person that I don’t want any loan and as this is not my fault will not pay a single penny to him and told him to get lost. Later 2-3 times he called me for the same but I refused to pay and told him to keep my name in your banks RCU list as I was very irritated.

This is the reason why my name is still there in your forge list. As now I have explained you all the full story behind this I expect you all to go through the depth of this and accept and process my loan application as I was not responsible.

Kindly do me the needful at the earliest…

Regards

Kushal Madhogaria
    Territory Manager
    D2C - East (Distribution)
    India Infoline Ltd.