Guitar Center Indy / aweful/no customer service

1 Castleton LocationIndianapolis, IN, United States

The lack of service is incredible. I'm a loyal Guitar Center customer and have spent thousands of dollars there over the years.

I dropped a guitar off over a month ago. All I had wrong was a toggle switch getting stuck on my electric guitar (American Hamer, Archtop Custom - $2500 guitar). After two weeks of not hearing back, I called the store to inquire. I was told that I gave them a bad phone number (yeah right...I know how to write my ph# down) and that's why they didn't call. I gave them the benefit of the doubt. PROBLEM #1 - Nobody ever called me back.

I picked up my guitar, paid for the repair, got home and plugged it in and NOTHING. No sound coming out of the guitar. Did they even TEST IT before telling me it was ready for pick up? PROBLEM #2 - Guitar not working (and it was working fine before dropping it off - just needed a new toggle switch which kept getting stuck in the middle position).

I took the guitar back to have it fixed...going out of my way (30 min drive) to take it back. "Dino, " the guitar tech, is polite and apologizes but ends up wanting to keep it for a few days to fix it. TWO WEEKS PASS and I hear nothing. PROBLEM #3 - Nobody calls me back, AGAIN.

I call this past Saturday to inquire about the delay. I'm told that Dino needs to talk to me but didn't have my phone number (HUH? I gave it to him in person when I dropped the guitar off). I'm told that he's with a customer and will call me back within 10 minutes. PROBLEM #4 - 6 hours pass and nobody calls me.

So I call AGAIN that evening, explain the issue to the guy who answered the phone (name Ivan, I think). He apologizes, said he'll personally give my message to Dino to have him call me. Five days later, I've heard nothing.

How the HELL do you NOT call a customer back 4 times? My guitar has been there for a month total, still isn't repaired, apparently has something wrong with it but I have no idea what that is because nobody at Guitar Center is able to pick up a damn phone and return their customer's phone call, despite FOUR chances.

Whatever is wrong with my guitar was NOT wrong with it when I dropped it off.

Pathetic customer service. No excuse. I'm willing to post this wherever I can...they have earned this criticism.