Guitar Center / on line sales

DO NOT purchase anything from Guitar Center via on-line as They appear to have no intention of order fulfillment. Since the beginning of January 2010, I have been awaiting for a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO-80 headphones I purchased. After numerous and lengthy conversations with the Guitar Center AND Beyerdynamics the facts are presented as follows: My order was placed on 1/4/2010 via GC on-line. An order confirmation was received and soon after a backorder notification. Following up with GC regarding the B/O status, they stated their shipment was due around 1/15/2010. After a week following this date, I again contacted GC for a status update. They then stated the shipment in question would not be in until 2/1/2010. On 2/5/2010, I again contacted GC for a status update upon which they replied "we are still awaiting shipment". I also obtained the following from GC: 1. Customer orders they receive do not require a minimum order quantity for a purchase order number to be submitted to the manufacturer. Therefore, an order can be placed w/o having to wait for a certain quantity of sales to be generated before an order is submitted to the manufacturer. 2. That the actual PO for MY order was not placed until 1/12/2010, eight days after I received my order confirmation from GC. 3. That the B/O status has been on-going since December 2009 based on the fact that they are also awaiting fulfillment of a prior P/O submitted in December. 4. In contacting the manufacture on 2/5/2010 they stated that they do not have any PO's outstanding for these headsets and that two shipments in January were shipped to GC's distribution center. On 2/10/2010 I again contacted GC for a status update which they now stated my order can not be fulfilled until 4/23/2010. About two weeks ago I received in the mail there recent catalog. in this catalog they are advertising for sale the DT 770 Pro-80 headsets at a reduced price for $169.00. Its seems very interesting that the GC can advertise this item for sale, now at a reduced price knowing that they can not produce this item until at least 4/23/2010 AND with the knowledge that this item has not been available since December 2009. I've been a loyal GC customer for years now and have spent quite a bit money supporting them. However, I'm not so sure that I will be dealing with them in the future especially dealing with ANY ON-LINE purchase or any store item that is not in stock.

Comments

• Ia
      27th of Mar, 2012

We've made some great improvements in our online system. I'd love a chance to show you that we're better than you've experienced. My name is Jeremy Cole and I am responsible for Customer Service in Guitar Center stores. I can be reached at 818.735.8800 ext 2115 or jcole@guitarcenter.com.

Thanks,