Greyhound / bad service

I got to the station walked in turned around and left. I didnt need anymore time to realize I was getting into the nightmare of my life. Los Angeles greyhound station should be the topic of a reality show on stress fear unbelievable travelin conditions. If you have seen a movie about third world travel horrors this is it. You would think theyd be a modern sleek shining flagship for greyhound considering there were around 500 people in there. I couldnt believe it over 100 people in line to buy a ticker and ONE salesperson... LET ME REPEAT ONE salesperson. I just left. And as I left I heard alot of men grumbling under thier breath starting to pick fights etc and I only blame greyhound BECAUSE I CALLED before i went down there and the man said I KNOW NOTHING I CANT TELL YOU ANYTHING.

Ll

Comments

8th of Apr, 2010

I recently took a trip from Chicago, IL to Detroit, MI during the weekend of 4/2-4/4 with Greyhound and had the worst experience. I am filing a complaint because the utter lack of customer service on all phases of your company including the stations, website, and event the destination station I ended up at.

My original ticket stated to pick up tickets at will call at the CTA station in Chicago at Cumberland Ave, but the ticket office was closed. Also, the bus was not even leaving from the station and was supposedly leaving from another station downtown Chicago which was not stated anywhere on my emailed receipt. I even checked the website to make sure the address of the station was correct.

I called your customer service line, but it was only available from 7am-7pm; my bus was supposed to leave at 7am that morning and I could not get in touch with anyone to assist me until it was too late. I spoke with a customer service representative Powell ID# 4144 and his attitude did not help my situation. He repeatedly did not allow me to speak with a supervisor and did not alleviate my concerns. Working in customer service for the past 10 years, I have not seen this type of service in so many facets of a company.

I had to drive out of my way to the downtown Chicago station to make the next bus that left at 10am, but when I finally reached the station, I was not allowed to change my ticket. Instead the ticket agent only let me take the 11:45 bus which also changed my return trip for no reason whatsoever. I ended up in Detroit 4 hours past my original plan which was an inconvenience. On top of that, my return trip was changed to depart from Toledo, OH instead of Detroit and caused a problem for me to drive 45 minutes out of my way to just go home.

Overall this was the worst experience traveling on a bus and will not recommend Greyhound to anyone. I expected more and will not only submit this to the BBB, but all of my local news and media outlets to make sure no one will go through this process again.