Googletree / unauthorized cc debit - fraud

I am writing to express my complete dissatisfaction and disgust with GoogleTree.

On 12/04/2008, I subscribed for a free trial kit for GoogleTree.com. They charged my credit card for $3.88 for a starter kit, but for my surprise I never received neither the username / password to access their website for the supposedly "free trial period" neither the starter kit via mail.

So, I thought a problem had occurred and the account had been cancelled out. For my surprise (again), my credit card was charged an additional $72.21 on 12/11/08!!!

I was shocked!!!

I called the company, and as expected they said that I should've called in 24 HOURS to complain that I had not received my username / password. Otherwise, they understood I wanted to proceed and they had the right to charge the monthly fee.

A monthly fee for what!?!? Something that never came!!! Also, how could I know this since I never got anything? And "surprisingly", they said they could not refund the additional $72.21 charge.

I googled them and there are many complaints about this company. They are a toooootal scam!!! Please stay away from this company!

Sayuri

Sa

Comments

• Ka
      Dec 08, 2008

on 12/01 I attempted to order a free trial for 7 days. Halfway through the application process, I was redirected and could never get back to the site. Today, I checked my bank account and found that $72.21 had been debited. I have NOT received the introductory package. I found Googletree on line by performing a Google search and called the [protected] number. A very friendly, at first, Mashe, ecplained to me that I should have received an email with the insttuctions as to how to access the information (I never received an email) She also said she would cancel my account but that a refund would not be possible. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that they would tell me the same thing. I am furious. I am reitred on disability and thought this would be a way to supplement my income. Theft is illegal.

• Me
      Dec 09, 2008
    Googletree - unauthorized debit
    Google Tree

I was solicited by email for a free trial for the price of shipping and handleing charges only. I still have yet to recieve any material but was debited $72.21 from my acct. Without my knowledge. Was told it would not be returned.

• Ro
      Dec 11, 2008

I was solicited by email for a free trial and examination of material on a cd. The cd arrived containing no information and when I complained that the charg of 72.21 was not authorized I was informed by a "customer service" person that the fee was not refundable. This contact claimed to have no means of contact the principals at Google Tree.

Dec 14, 2008
    B. Clark

I ordered a FREE demo and was immediately charged for shipping and handling and have not received anything. I gave cc# for shipping ONLY
    I understood.
    I tried calling and they are only open Mon/Fri 8:OO to 5:OO

• Qu
      Dec 17, 2008
    Googletree - they withdrew money from my account without authority

on 12/08 I attempted to order a free trial for 7 days, I didnt recieve my log-in information, I tried to contact them via email, and phone no luck.I was charged before I could try it out, I checked my account and found that $72.21 had been debited. I have NOT received the introductory package.

Dec 22, 2008

I am another victim, who was taken advantage of. I answerd this Ad with expectations of getting some kind of starter kit. No starter kit ever showed and they debited 3.88 on 12/08/08 and then 72.21 out of my account on 12/15/08 saying I didn't cancell in time. So I was charged!...for what? I did not receive a Damn thing and they have $80.00 of mine. I expected the kit to show up in 2-3 days which it never did. So, I figured it was cancelled. I also tried to get my money back to no avail. I called my bank to stop the chg. and they said they could not do anything according to Visa Credit Card. They are seriously ripping people off, and should be arrested and sent to jail. This is a criminal act by every definination and they're getting away with it.

• Dy
      Dec 23, 2008

I am more than angry if i knew who this person was i would probably be locked up for the holiday. i am disgusted from agreeing to a 3.00 charge to 77.00. that is not right and if the banks know this or was aware of this happening before they should have given us heads up. This is the holiday and now I cant get my kids everything they are promised. I hope you get caught and go to jail or even lethal injection. hope you rot in hell for all the money you stole from people God is definetly watching you and you will be judged.

• Mi
      Dec 31, 2008
    Googletree - Fraud/Theft
    Michelle Portwood
    1000 Elbel Rd 1008
    Texas

I authorized Googletree to withdrawl $3.88 from my account and today I looked and there was a withdrawl for $72.21. When I called the number that I found next to the authorized transaction [protected]) I spoke to Nicole. She informed me that I have checked a box that stated I agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement, which states that if after the 7 day trail I did not cancel I would be charged $72.21. It is impossible to cancel something that you did not receive nor do you have a number to call and cancel the item. When I asked to speak with a supervisor she informed me there were no supervisors. I work in a call center and happen to know that there are always supervisors. This is fraudulant and a scam. I want my money back from Googletree.

• Go
      Jan 07, 2009
    Googletree - overcharged unauthorized
    Googletree
    googletree.com

I ordered a CD to check out the money making opportunities for stay at home Mom's and agreed to pay for shipping of this CD for $3.88. I still have not received the CD to introduce the program and also was charged an additional $72.21 without my knowledge. The man who answered the phone [protected] said that in the terms and agreements is a hidden fee for a membership to join along with that CD and it is non refundable and there are no supervisors or people in charge to file a complaint with. He absolutely refused to refund and he cancled my membership but I don't trust him so I am closing my bank account. The Bank of America account I have refused to cancle the pending amount not processed. They are letting him steal from me and said I'll have to complain to the bank after he's got the money. UNBELIEVABLE... BANK OF AMERICA!!!

• Ji

Googletree - Theft
    GoogleTree
    Texas
    Google-Tree.com

I found this 'company' on Facebook and foolishly signed up for a trial info package that was to be delivered in 7-10 business days. I was charged $71.00 after not cancelling within 5 business days. I was not aware of the $71.00 charge - it was not mentioned when I signed up for the $3-5 trial package (I can't remember the amount and of course the site has disappeared). I never received the trial package. I was told I could use the 'website' during the 'trial period'. I browsed the site and there was little or nothing there. Absolutely useless. I called 'customer service' and of course they put me off and would not refund my $71.00.
    Of course, there was no physical location to complain to or I'd file a suit with a Department of Consumer Affairs or the Attorney Generals Office in whichever state they reside in. More internet theft. I'm very disappointed in Facebook for letting thieves like GoogleTree advertise on their site. BUYER BEWARE!

• Su
      Jan 27, 2009
    Googletree - UNAUTHORIZED DEBIT CHARGE
    Brick
    New Jersey

I WAS CHARGED $72. FROM THIS WEBSITE AND AM VERY VERY VERY ANGRY. NEVER GOT THAT ### PACKET THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT FOR $3.88. I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK YOU SCAMMING ###

• Ad
      Jan 27, 2009

I had exactly the same situation. I called the company, they say they will return the money...I called ATT as well, how they can allow this companies to charge you products that you don't even know about? they don't ask for authorization...are they sharing your private information? I am considering changing to another phone company...

• Di
      Feb 11, 2009

I have been getting emails about working from home and I read them a delete them. I was checking by bank statement on line and saw where there had been a debit of $72.21 for Goggletree4. I have not ordered anything from them yet they have taken money out of my account. My bank states that there is nothing they can do. This is a bunch of crap. You should be able to get your money back if you didn't authorize them to take the money

• Lo
      Feb 12, 2009
    Googletree - unauthorized money withdrawel from bank
    google
    Huntington
    West Virginia
    Phone: [protected]

I SIGNED UP FOR THE $3.88 ON LINE KIT BUT I DID NOT AUTORIZE THE $72.21 THAT YOU TOOK OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND I WANT IT PUT BACK IN MY ACCOUNT BEFORE MONDAY MORNING OR I WILL SEE MY LAWYER THAT DATE WILL BE 2/16/2009 I HAVE READ SOME OF THE COMPLAINTS ABOUT YOUR SCAM BUT IT WAS TO LATE TO SAVE ME FROM GETTING TOOK BY YOU IM CANCELING YOU AT THE BANK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO REFUND MY MONEY BUT WONT BE ABLE TO WITHDRAW ANY MORE THANK YOU
    LOUELLA BURNS

louella.[protected]@comcast.net

• Sn
      Feb 20, 2009

in the same boat...same exact things have happened to me, even regarding speaking with a supervisor...i angrily rumbled off something about having a lack of integrity and they were a scam company to the representative when he said he was sorry about not reversing the charges! how can google let their name be associated with a company like this? if i were google, i considered suing this company for defamation of character of the name google...fraudulent! i even emailed them to cancel, right after finding out that they were going to charge and the rep told me that they only accept cancellations over the phone. i'm disgusted and fed up with these types of businesses that aren't really businesses. what can be done and what can we do????

Feb 21, 2009
    Googletree - Did charge my card after I had told I did not wanted it

I also like everybody else did sign up for free trial, and authorized 3.88, and then a day later got a phonecall from them they wanted to give me a free gift I told them no and that I wanted the guy to cancel it. And today in my statement I noticed they have try to take out 72.21 and I do not have the amount of money so it will be an NSF and then the bank will charge me money. Since it is Saturday today I can not get hold of them, but trust me I will get hold of them on monday.
    I am so mad, and I am so tired of all this scams going on, you can not do anything without it gets taken advantage of and they rip you off.

• Sh
      Feb 23, 2009

Never authorized $72.71 charge to my bank acct now checks are bouncing DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS !!!

Feb 27, 2009

I requested free information foom GoogleTree and they promptly debited my account for $3.88. 4 weeks later, without ever receiving the information they debited my account for 72.21, which I never authorized. I am so aggravated as I am currently receiving unemployment and cannot afford to be scammed out of what was supposed to be money for food. This company should be investigated by the State Attorney general for their business practices. Their ads are very misleading and if I do not get a refund I will take legal action.

• Wm
      Mar 03, 2009

I also signed up for this and was charged 3.88 for shipping a month and a half ago!! I never received the package in the mail nor did I get an email with the information I needed to get started. Obviously, you can't use the 14 day trial if you don't even have the tools to try it. The same charge of 72.21 was just taken out of my checking account.

Mar 04, 2009

I am dealing with the same issue right now. You need to call them and tell them that they need to refund your money. If you have to get rough them, go ahead and vent alittle and you should get your money back. I have realized one thing from all of this, these companies really don't want us filing complaints or sending lawyers after them.

Mar 19, 2009

I never authorized $72.71 to be taken from my bank. This is fraud.

Mar 19, 2009

I also was charged 72.71 and I never authorized the transaction. This is fraud.

• Ha
      Mar 20, 2009

Exactly the same thing happened to me this morning. The CS rep told me to mail the disc back, but I'd never received one. She said I can get a refund w/o the disc.
    Does anyone know of an alternate course of action?

• To
      Mar 31, 2009

GoogleTree is still at it. Like everyone else, I agreed to pay $3.88 for their software, only to discover a $72.21 charge against my debit card on my bank statement. I've reported these slimebags to the Better Business Bureau -- DO NOT GIVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIS OUTFIT!

• El
      Apr 17, 2009

from Eleonore. I accepted a offer for free trial and excamination for $3.88, I received nothing not even an E-Mail. then $72.21 showed up on my bankstatement and due to the unexpeted expense a total of $50.00 in overdraft fee. When i complained about this unautherized charges I was told, sorry, no refund, it is past 30 days. I have nothing to proof that I have a membership, the cust services agent first told me, she could find nothing and then gave me a cancellation number so no further charges would be taken out. Now my question is. what to do next. I need this money back and will contact BBB to file a complain. also thru my bank will dispute this charges.

• Vi
      Apr 23, 2009
    Googletree - bank account charges
    Michigan

I have had several charges automatically deducted from my checking account by googletree. I have not authorized your company to do anything on my behalf. These deductions are cause overdraft charges in my checking account. Please contact me by calling 3130.254.2175 as to make restitution.
    Thank you. If I do not hear from you within the next 24 hours, my next step is to contact my attorney.

May 04, 2009
    Googletree - they withdrew money from my account without authority

My husband mistakingly signed up for googletree. They charged us $3.88 for shipping and handling. We were to have a 14 day free trial. We did receive the CD package they sent, but because of its packaging, didn't realize what it was and trashed it as junk mail. When we called to tell them we didn't receive it and wanted to cancel because they charged my checking account $72.21, they informed us that they would send another CD and give us 6 months free on the website. But they could not refund our money. I asked to talk to a manger and was told that one was not available and they would tell me the same thing. This place is a total scam. It's not the first one we have been fooled by, but it will be the last!!

• St
      Jul 09, 2009
    LA

I've been trying to chase them down since February, actually got someone on the phone and got them to agree to refund one month ($72.21), but didn't get the refund and now they're gone.