Google Treasure Chest / fraud

Google Ttrasure Chest
837 E 9400 S Ste 233
Phone: 866-951-1406
My bank statement dated June 23, with a telp. # [protected] CY a total of $72.21 has been deducted not under my name.

N  4th of Feb, 2009 by
On 1/12/09 I ordered a home business package from the company through an online promotion, this was supposed to be a charge of $3.88 for shipping of the business package (which I never received). On 1/20/09 an additions charge of $72.21 was debited from my account. I at no point in time authorized this charge. The address for Customer Service is located in Sandy, Utah. I am currently filing a complaint with the State of Utah Attorney General, the Attorney Generals Office in my home state of Ohio, as well as with the FTC. I would urge anyone that has been scammed by these people to do the same.
N  10th of Feb, 2009 by
What i did. Called the 888 705-1275 and cancled my account. They will charge me for the month of Febuary So I'm on the hook for $220.51 They are connected with a company fron N.V. called Internetiniative. The $72.21 charge is at the bottom of the contract I signed so not to much I can do but to warn all.
N  23rd of Feb, 2009 by
My husband ordered an on line a program to learn how to make money on line. The price was only $3.88. We thought that was the only charge. Then we got the surprise. $72.21 was charged from our bank account instead of the three dollars the web site claimed. I called and was received with much hostility. I was told that if I had read the "terms and conditions", I would have known about the monthly charge. I canceled and still ended up paying half the price because we didn't cancel within the one week free trial period. Absolutely Ridiculous! This is a lesson to all, always read the " Terms and Conditions ".
A  11th of Mar, 2009 by
This scam is horrible! I thought it was a Gooogle Company. They never sent me anything but charged my card three times at 74 bucks a pop! I am doing my best to get even.
N  13th of Mar, 2009 by
I agree very BIG SCAM . Do not fall into there trap!!!
A  16th of Mar, 2009 by
I did the same thing and never recieved anything from them except for the 72.21 charge in addition to the 3.88 charge. They said when I ordered the 3.88 disc that I authorized the charges. This is the biggest scam. The website has absolutely nothing to do with what was in the introduction. I need that money back to pay bills with. I thought the 3.88 was something I could just look into and decided later if I wanted to join with them. This is crazy!
N  31st of Mar, 2009 by
I called google treasure chest--which is not even affiliated with google at all, to register with them to hopefully make some money on the internet which is what they purport. I did my due deligence in calling all the numbers they provide on the site. The problem is they told me they were registered with the BBB. I called the BBB and the company does not exist. I checked the Telephone number although the # works, the # works it is not registered either. I called and spoke with about 4 different reps all of whom refused to disclose the name of thier company, the company address, or the direct # to google treasure chest. They also refused me the right to talk to thier supposed supervisor to collect additional data. The only thing you have is a #, not a company name or anything else. If you give them your credit card # and something goes wrong you are in a big mess without a trace. I dont think they are registered because you need a business name to register a business. Any legitimate business has a telephone number, a business name, a manager or an owner or a supervisor. None of these exist with this company. They probably take your credit card information and sell it to others for profit. They hide thier identity so as to avoid any accountability to any agencies. Anyone wanting to join them must do thier due deligence (READ THE LINES AT THE BOTTOM OFTHE PAGE). THEY HAVE ALL THE ATTRIBUTES OF FRUAD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD WRITTEN ALL OVER THEM.
N  4th of Apr, 2009 by
This link will take you directly to Google's official logo page. If only ... *sigh*

N  4th of Apr, 2009 by
Another lesson learned, the very fine print you don't see unless you scroll down to the bottom of the page. Coincidentally, all of the requested information is positioned to where you don't SEE this unless you scroll down. I copied and pasted this directly from the scam treasure chest site:

The trademarks in this image are owned by their respective owners who do not endorse this product.

Google Treasure Chest is not affiliated with, endorsed by or in any way associated with Google. Results vary. Individuals have been remunerated. All Content Copyright © 2005-2009, Google Treasure Chest. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy of Google Treasure Chest
N  4th of Apr, 2009 by
i was about to put my credit card number but i learned that we need to do a little bit of research.
Thanks GOD, i just saved myself from some trouble.
A  15th of Apr, 2009 by
The same thing happen, free cd and you can make money, well they are making the money and I never got the cd but they charge me 1.97 the first time and they took another 72.21 that I did not authorize. I called the customer service number for refunds listed on my bank account and was told there was a 7 day trial period & it expired today so I wasn't entitled to a refund and it wasnt their fault that i didnt get the cd and since I placed the order over the internet then that have the right to charge my account. which in my opion isnt right. So now i am out of the 72.21 and an over draft fee because of them. How do you get justices for a company that isnt there?
A  17th of Apr, 2009 by
Thank god for some reason i didnt qualify for the free trial kit so I wasnt charge anything so far. Hopefully it doesnt show up on my bank account because im about to go withdraw everything out. It is scam when the trial only last for 7 days and you dont actually get the CD after that 7 days is up already. Things like this is GetRichJerk. They say they dont need my stinky money cause he's rich already but i get tons of spam mail from his stupid business everything asking me to sign up.
N  21st of Apr, 2009 by
This is such crap. I have been charged numerous times from this company that claims to help you make money. They help you go broke!!!
Some attorney needs to gather all these names and file one massive claim. In this economy and our world wide tough times we should HELP one another not RIP OFF one another. This company claims to be an AMERICAN COMPANY, you should ALL HANG YOUR HEAD DOWN IN SHAME
N  21st of Apr, 2009 by
Google Treasure Chest withdrew 72.21 from my account without authorization. I called to question the reason for the withdraw and to try and get my money back and was told that I was automatically signed up to have 72.21 taken from my account each month. I asked whom I was speaking with and I was only given a first name(Laura). I asked her last name for which she refused to answer. I then asked to speak with someone in charge and was denied a manager. I was given an address of 2375 East Tropicana Ave. Suite 8 Las Vegas Nevada 89119 where i can write them a complaint letter. I plan on writing this letter immediately and expect this unauthorized charge of 72.21 put back into my account.
N  22nd of Apr, 2009 by
The easiset way to avoid subsequesnt charges(googletreasurechest.com initial sales site reviews the subsequent charges in the "Terms" portion of the web page) is to call your bank and have your debit or credit card used cancelled and replaced with a new card.

I fell for the scam and within 24 hrs realized my shortsightedness. In reviewing the "Terms" page of the website I realized that I had not been emailed a Log On code or Password and immediately called the customer service # provided to cancel the agreement as provided within the published Terms. When I called all I got was a recording and put on hold. After 3 attempts resulting in the "hold loop" I immediately cancelled my card and had it replaced. My bank advised that doing this will ensure that any future charge submissions will be returned to the submitter as an invalid account. Also emailed the customer support advising that since the customer support phone # is obviously unmanned that my email is serving as my formal cancellation advisement.

All who have been victimized by deceptive practices of googletreasurechest.com need to visit the Attorney General website of your specific state and file a formal complaint against googletreasurechest.com to pursue an injunction of cease and desist of googletreasurechest.com
N  29th of Apr, 2009 by
Ads are appearing all over the internet promising that you can make thousands of dollars posting ad links on Google.

The ads link to testimonials or blogs from real people...who show off the big paycheck they received, sometimes for several thousand dollars, for just a few hours work.

But beware! These programs are not affiliated with Google: They are just stealing the name. Google has no control over them.

Most will charge you around $200 to learn about how to post ad links on Google. Some claim there is just a $1 or $2 fee to get started, but they then start billing your credit card $29 or more each month.

But Google offers the same info free with its "Adsense" program. You don't need to pay a third party company anything.

My advice? The only people getting rich are the people running these ads on how to get rich.

Doesn't that Stink?

And from the Doesn't that Stink file...the sheer number of bogus "Google money" blogs.

We found one blog from "Sara, " showing the big check she got for posting Google ads. But then we found "Beth's" blog...who even claims she's a "Christian mom."

But we looked more closely and found that Sara and Beth both show the same $868 check...and then both share the same "insider secrets" word for word. How could these women have the same word for word information in their blog...unless they are both phonies?

I say Doesn't that Stink?

So Can you Make Money through Google?

The FTC says people supposedly receiving big checks from Google are fake...and their money blogs are just a scheme to get your money.

Google says you can earn legitimate money posting ad links on its site...But most people earn 10 or 20 bucks a month for their efforts, not a thousand.

So if you want to get rich, don't waste your money. I'm John Matarese.

Copyright 2009 The E.W. Scripps Co. All rights reserved. This material may not be publishe
A  1st of May, 2009 by
GOOGLE TREASURE CHEST UNCOVERED : Yes they got me too. I ordered from grantspring.com $1.97
As soon as it came through the internet, I discovered it was a scam. I cancelled the next day and was still charged the $1.97 to my credit card. ABout a week later my bank card alerted me of a charge for $72.21 pending on my account. I called the phone # 866-957-0020 thinking it was grantspring and raised hell.
They gave me a cancellation #. Still mad from this I checked a little more and found this was GOOGLE TREASURE CHEST OFFICE at : 970 west Broadway E. 347 Jackson, Wyoming 83001 They gave me a cancel ref #.. well I didn't order anything from Google Treasure Chest so this was theft by credit card right !

So how did they get my card number ? I'll tell you, they got it from grantspring.com in Orem, Utah their partners in crime. Grant spring is located at Customer Care, 51 west Center St. # 621 Orem, Utah, 84057,
phone # 888-247-2155. These people are working in concert with each other to pull off the SCAM. I could see others working this scam with them, so there is no telling how far or deep this goes. ANOTHER PHONE I CAME ACROSS IS 866-951-1406. If anyone out there has the time to report these scammers to the post master general, FBI. Local Law enforcement, and Attorney General in each state would be a hero in my opinion. There are a lot of people who sadly couldn't afford to be robbed like this. Hopefully someone running this site would be kind enough to forward everyones complaints info to The FBI fraud division. I did send reports to the BBB in Each state exposing these CONS. I also have in hand a complaint to the Attorney General in Utah. Anyone who reads this let's all work together to stop crimes like this on the internet.
N  1st of May, 2009 by
I called on the 6th of April to have services canceled and was told my money would be refunded within 24 to 48 hours. I called back on the 13th and was told there was no refund ever processed and that they would do it right away and it would take 24 to 48 hours. I called back on May 1st and was told that the refund had been posted on the 28th and if it wasn't showing up by the 4th (another 72 hours) I should call them back. When I requested to speak with a supervisor or someone higher with authority, I was informed t hat they don't take phone calls. They took my money out of my account within 30 minutes, but it took them a month to replace it. After all this conversation, I was told that they are not affiliated with Google, they just share their name.
N  4th of May, 2009 by
I too was scammed with the charge of $72.21. When I called to complain I was told by Travis that on the website it states that "if you do not cancel you will charged a monthly membership fee." I told him that was a bunch of bull, because I'm reading hundreds of complaints from consumers about the same unauthorized charge. And obviously none of you guys read anything about a membership charge. This is how these guys are making there money off the $1.95 CD that is a also a bunch of nonsense. When I tried to call back and blast them some more they put on the after hours recording.
N  4th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Here is a website that is listing the addresses and phone numbers that are being reported by the consumers that have been stung by this con.

Google Logo Google