Google Treasure Chest / scam, fraud

1 OK, United States Review updated:

I have fallen for the scam from Google Treasure Chest. I ordered a cd for $1.97 and had no idea that I just enrolled in a monthly scam of charges to my credit card. I have disputed my charges with my credit card twice now. They keep puting the charge back on my bill because they say I did not supply them with the cancelation number of the product. The problem is I can not contact Google Treasure Chest in any way possible, to cancel or even return the stupid cd they sent me. I have no email address, every phone number I call is disconnected. I can not talk to anyone to get anything cancled. I need help with this. Can anyone provide me with contact information so I can resolve this...so far they are charging my capitalone card $72.21. I also would like to know who I need to contact to file a complaint with these scammers, they should be sitting in jail for what they are doing.

Comments

• Le
      1st of Mar, 2009

I was also billed un unathorized charge of $72.21 from my bank account on 3/01/2009. If anyone has a number for me to call please contact/message me! -John Savona

• Mi
      6th of Mar, 2009

you will not credit back half now and half later.. youll give me all 72.21 back or ill sue.

• Pu
      10th of Mar, 2009

Take a look at Nikkies comments. I too was billed for $72.21 after ordering their $3.88 CD. I called the company at 1-866-870-4257, received a RGA number, and today mailed them back their CD. Make sure you send it with a delivery confirmation from the post office or shipper. I also cancelled out my debit card and requested a new one from my bank. The receptionist at the company was polite and said I should expect my money back in several weeks. We will see.

There was a similar situation recently where a company offered "free" softward Ds that weren't free, and billed unsuspecting consumers for a software continuity program they didn't know they were enrolled in. You can look this information at www.ftc.gov/opa/2008/06/manay.shtm. Defendents named in the Federal Trade Commission complaint are Think All Publishing, L.L.C., successor company to Manay Software, L.L.C. and Yuri Mintskovsky. There was a settlement made, and under the terms of the settlement, the defendants will pay approximately $2, 167, 500 in consumer redress.

The FTC site gives names and numbers to contact for complaints. Looks like Google Treasure Chest should get a lot of complaints to the FTC.

12th of Mar, 2009

I was also charged $72.21 that I didn't authorize. Is there a phone # to call?

• Gc
      15th of Mar, 2009

I was charge $72.21 three straight months on my Visa Card before I caught this charge. In December I ordered a feen Google Money Tree Home Work Guide, but have not even opened it. I got a phone call from someone from Google back in Dec and I told them I was not interested. Now, I would like my money returned and credited to my Visa Card. There are a total of three charges for $72.21 and I have paid for two of them. You owe me $144.42 and a cancellation of the current charge which I will not pay. I cannot understand how someone who I thought was reputable can make these unauthorized charges. If I don't hear from you shortly I will send my complaint to the Better Business Bureau and everyone else I can think of to help me get this unauthorized charge eliminated and refunded. G. Charles Champlin. I can be reached at 239-561-8116.

• Ru
      16th of Mar, 2009

I too was charged 72.21. This is the biggest SCAM...BEWARE!!
    The website it directs you to has absolutely nothing to do with the way it is described in the introduction! HOW CAN WE GET OUR MONEY BACK? DOES ANYONE KNOW?
    my email is mistress_of_myst_manor@hotmail.com if anyone has any ideas how to stop this scam from happening to others!

• Da
      17th of Mar, 2009

I also was taken in by the sales pitch of working at home-Google Money Tree. They are a rip-off. can I get my money back ? You can cancel at 1-866 4257. my e-mail is dlang5050@earthlink.net if anyone know who to contact to report this company.

17th of Mar, 2009
    Google Treasure Chest - fradulent charges

I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS CHARGE. I EXPECT A REFUND TO MY CREDIT CARD. YOUR COMPANY HAS COMMITTED A CRIME. YOU SHOULD BE PROSECUTED LIKE ANY OTHER THIEF.
    SHAME ON YOU !!!

• Ra
    Google Treasure Chest - Unauthorized withdrawals from bank
    Google
    Orlando
    Phone: 407-426-7567

After paying Google $3.88 for a CD, I was subsequently charged $72.21 in Feb. and Mar. This is free money for Google since I ordered NOTHING from that company. How can I get my money back?

• Zo
      18th of Mar, 2009

No, you didn't pay google.

Google doesn't sell cd's.
    You were scammed by a company which preys on those too ignorant to distinguish between a domain which includes "google" in the domain name, and google.com.
    www.googleisgonnatakeallyourmoney.com is not google.
    Neither is googletreasurechest.com

• Tc
      18th of Mar, 2009

I just got the same thing

• De
      18th of Mar, 2009

I also had a charge of 72.21. I did not authorize this. Never heard of google treasure chest!

• Bi
      19th of Mar, 2009

I have been charged 72.21 for five months and did not authorize this! I am so upset! Rachel #12068 at the company would not even let me speak to a supervisor!!! This is a scam!!!

• Dl
      19th of Mar, 2009
    Google Treasure Chest - Unauthorized Charge to my Credit Card
    Warrenton
    Virginia

Google Treasure Chest keeps charging my credit card. This is the third time they've charged my card, and none of the three charges were authorized by me.

• Kr
      20th of Mar, 2009
    Google Treasure Chest - Unauthorized debit of my account
    Google Treasure Chest
    Colorado

In January I authorized a 3.95 debit to my account for shipping on a product from Google. On 3/19/09 another 72.21 was taken out of my account which I did not authorize. Google Treasure Chest you are a scam! I demand my money back.

• Kn
      21st of Mar, 2009

I suggest we all consider a class-action suit. This is in no way legal.

• Ca
      22nd of Mar, 2009
    Google Treasure Chest - UNAURTHORIZED CHARGES
    GOOGLE
    1082 spoonbill ct
    Sparks
    Nevada

I sent for the CD to see if this would be something I would want to do and decided against it and now each month they take $72.21 out of my credit card account. I called and they said they would stop. But again this happened. What can I do? I have make an appointment with a lawyer to help me. This is so disturbing to have a thief in my account. I will never have anything to do with GOOGLE again. I will let everyone I know about this.

• Ho
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Google treasure chest...I authorized the $3.88 and was charged the $72.21 for the month. I was able to use the site for about 2 days. The passwords did not work nor was I able to set up another. Also when the disc did arrive it does not work. I contacted my bank and filed against this group to get my money back. I not so eager to give out account numbers. I had to close the account for a fee and get a new one to stop any other charges. I called the company to cancel and they were nasty. Beware.

• Ri
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I, just like everyone else was charged for this "google treasure chest" mess. I did not authorize it and had no intentions of purchasing from this company. Now i know that GOOGlE is a reliable sight for searching the web, but i didnt know they were thieves too...

• Lo
      24th of Mar, 2009
    Google Treasure Chest - Put my monies back in my account
    Google Treasure Chest
    Baltimore
    Maryland
    Phone: 4438312033

I notice on March 23, 2009 that $72.21 is taken out of my account and I want ALL of my monies returned, replaced back into my account. I have not purchased anything. So put ALL my monies BACK.

My monies taken without authorization!!!