Google Money Treescam

I should have known better, esp being on a fixed disability income, but i'm trying to save my home from being foreclosed. I am a minister and have a phd doing spiritual counseling for paroled felons and their families. Unfortunately it is pro bono as no one has dollars since just getting out of prison and trying to fine jobs and living accommodations.

Within the 7 day time limit I emailed several googlemoneytree addresses with no replies. My bank account has been charged and I am reporting to the bank that these are fraud charges, esp since I never received the kit. What else can I do?

The only reason I went for this scam was that I thought google was a trusted name. Shame on you!!

Comments

• Eb
      Dec 05, 2008

the add said free7 day trial just pay 3.88 shipping my account was charged 72.88 2 days after signing up for a the trial when I call they allowed me to cancel my account but refused to refund my money

• Aw
      Dec 09, 2008

I ordered the product three weeks ago still have not recieved it I payed the original amount of $3.88 then I got a charge on my credit card of $93.53 putting me way over my limit and causing extra charges on my card still nothing from them this is a total scam.

• Na
      Dec 12, 2008

I am commenting regarding all the scams that I have read on the "Google Money Tree". This happened to me too, just last week. I signed up for a work from your home info package for the amount of $3.88. I have never received anything from them. Then I was doing some on-line banking and found that $72.21 had been taken out of my account by Google Money Tree. I never agreed to any of this. For all of you out there who have been scammed by them, here is their phone number...[protected]. As I was trying to get to this "Complaints Board" website I saw their ad again. It is a big ad that is very deceiving. It looks as tho' it is an actual "Google" company with an as seen on tv logo on the left, and a bunch of credible company names on the bottom of the page. I am having my bank get my money back, but I know there are a bunch of people out there that are having a hard time getting their money back, so I hope the phone number helps.

• Th
      Dec 16, 2008

I also submitted my payment via the internet of 3.88 for a disc that never arrived. Yesterday I received a phone call telling me that I had been charged $72.21 on my Visa. This phone call was from an unknown source. I checked my bank and sure enough the charge was there. I called [protected] and was told that the material had been sent. I never got a thing also was told that there is no refund but they would cancel everything. What kind of search engine is Google to allow a scam like this to proceed

• Su
      Dec 19, 2008

I purchased the "kit", on December 4. I was to be charged $3.88 For postage. Well the package never came, I could not get on the site at all, Then on December 11th my checking account was charged $72.21. I sent a request for a refund via e-mail, no response. I sent a second request,
    received an e-mail with a phone # [protected] .I spoke to a rep., and I was informed that there is no refund, because I did not notify them within 24 hours, of my not being able to get on the site.

She said that when I put in my credit info, that I was giving permission for them to charge my account. I thought that was only for the postage.

I am a person living on social security, just trying to make extra money to support myself. This I could not afford.

If anyone out there has any suggestions I could use the help.
    I did write another request to google money tree, But I don't have much hope that is going to help out any.

Dec 19, 2008

Go to "Jobs/Work At Home/ All Google Cash Rip-Offs" and register your complaint, so we can all be counted in one place then we can get something done. Possibly A class action lawsuit to hit them in their pocketbook or if you go to "FBI Internet Fraud Website" and file your complaint, maybe they will see how many people have been scammed by this and do something about it. Thanks, Sharon Rogers

Dec 19, 2008

Please see comment by Sharon Rogers on Susan Pierce "Scam" on 12/19/08 "Work At Home" under "Google Money Tree Scam".

Dec 19, 2008

please read Comments by Sharon Rogers to Susan Pierce 12/19/08 at "Work At Home" under Google Money Tree

• To
      Dec 20, 2008

I signed up for a $50 gift card from Olive Garden and as a condition I agreed to order a free google money tree kit but I had to pay postage of something like $3.98 which i charged to my credit card. I could not finalize the deal and it keep going back to my ordering the free kit again. There was no way i could get the gift card from Oliver Garden. It's a scam. Now I have to tried to cancel the charge. I doubt I will be successful. I tried to call the number on the previous complaint but they are not open on Saturday so I will probably get the same answer that I did not cancel within 24 hours. Google money tree is a rip off because they want you to order more products
    Tom Bergin

• Je
      Dec 26, 2008

Google Money Tree is a joke. I signed up to receive the kit and paid $3.88 shipping and handling. I didn't realize that the 7 day trial period started when you sign up, not when you receive the kit. I was charged $72.21 and when I tried to call and get a refund, they told me it was impossible. I spoke to three different representatives, but none of them would allow me to speak to a supervisor or manager. They told me that wasn't the supervisor's job. When I complained that I had found reviews stating customers didn't receive their kits, the third representative even told me that the website would have more information and I didn't need the kit anyway, basically confirming that it wasn't coming. This company is a scam, and I'm working with my bank to get my money refunded. I did get the address for corporate, and will be sending a letter complaining about this on Monday. For anyone else who would like to send a letter, here's the address.

2375 E Tropicana Ave
    Suite 8
    Las Vegas, NV 89119

• Pa
      Dec 28, 2008

I received the software in the mail, but I can't find them on the web. I want to cancel.

• Ne
      Dec 31, 2008

LOL!!! I can't believe people still fall for this kind of stuff!! It's so corny! Live and learn people...live and learn.

• Pv
      Jan 07, 2009

At the bottom of the page, unfortunately, it says that "The Money Tree" is not associated whatsover with Google, so don't dis Google. They are still a great company. :)

• Ti
      Jan 16, 2009

GO TO GOOGLEMONEYTREE.COM
    OR GO TO INTERNETMONEYTREE.COM

CUSTOMER SERVICE TO CANCEL IS [protected]

EMAIL IS [protected]@GOOGLEMONEYTREE.COM

YOU MUST CALL TO CANCEL

PLEASE GO ONLINE AND REPORT THIS FRAUD AT : https://complaint.ic3.gov/

DO NOT LET THIS SCAM CONTINUE!

SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE BEEN SCAMMED WITH THEM OR EVEN THINKING ABOUT DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM. THEY RECEIVED AN F RATING FROM THE BBB. LETS STOP THEIR SCAMMING!!!

Feb 01, 2009

Any non-scam company will have a paypal option on their site.

• Ju
      Feb 11, 2009

I think you can do something about it. they never send you a kit, so ther was britch of contract. go to small clime courts may be

• Lb
      Feb 12, 2009

This company is a CROCK. They advertise the HOME GUIDE TO WORKING FROM HOME. It looked interesting, and said to only cost about $3 and some change for the "DVD information". It took 10 days to arrive at my home. 3 days prior to that I noticed 2 charges on my bank account statement. First there was the $3?, then about 7 days later there was a charge for approx $59. I called their 800 number and all the girl i spoke to would say is, its in the Terms and Conditions. If you don't cancel in 7 days we charge you. Of course i asked for a supervisor...and what did she say, 'They wont talk to you, that's not their job"...a supervisor that doesn't supervise? So i asked her who her boss was, who checked her work... She said the supervisors. Weird! So i hung, went to their website and read those T & C's...It is noted under "other charges"...and not in numbers, but in words so its pretty much hidden.
    Frustrated a day or 2 later i called again. I got a pretty nice guy who repeated everything the first girl said. i asked him why they put that info under "other", he didn't know. I asked him why they charged me after 7 days when my DVD didn't even show up until 10 days. He claimed that they emailed me with a password to use their website until the DVD came. The email was not clear and i didn't know. Of course i asked again for a supervisor...He said the same thing, they would NOT talk to me. He refused to give me my money back and that was that.
    Beating my head against an, obviously not budging, wall...i wrote the BBB (better business bureau)...I have heard NOTHING. Not even a 'we got your email but sorry cant help"...I emailed Google Money Tree's "Support" email...Still haven't heard anything and its been way over a month. I'm at a loss and out of $72. O! and that DVD doesn't even work. Go Figure!
    DO NOT sign up with this company for anything...they claim to want to help but when you ask they wont even talk to you.

• Mi
      Feb 13, 2009

Unfortunantly, GOOGLE IS DIRECTLY INVOLVED and they are no longer a great company. They have sold out and all the things that they originally founded their company have now diminished. If you do say that "at the bottom of the page google money tree says its not affiliated with google." Obviously this is a VERY UNTRUE STATEMENT. If it was not affiliated than google would have a very good case for Misrepresentation of a Trademark, Negligence and Slander. Countless people have COMPLAINED ABOUT GOOGLE MONEY TREE and if GOOGLE was so strongly against the correlation between the two then obviously they could disband the connection. Unfortunantly, it is obvious that Google is DIRECTLY PROFITING from this scam which is praying on people who have learned to trust the company. This is the direct reason for people believing that the internet is no longer a source of information(as it was intended to be) but it is instead a barrage of countless popups and ads, with a predatory intent, to prey on peoples vunerability(especially present day) when thinking of possible ways to make money. People who are not familiar with the internet, believe that it is INDEED a Good was to make money. They see that in some cases, people HAVE made money from "working at home" via the Worldwide Web. But NEVER or at least RARELY when subscribing to a GOOGLE MONEY TREE-LIKE scam where customers are promised thousands a week for FREE with no CHARGE "Just SHipping." These people should be shameful because they are the direct cause of the degredation of the internet. Shame ON GOODLE!!!

-mike

• I agree 100%...I'm out to bring google down for not doing anything about this complaint.
    They are obviously letting this company use their name, so they must be benefitting from this...BRING THEM DOWN.

• Th
      Feb 20, 2009

my name is thomas my story is the same iam desperate for work and needed something to work the dates are just newer 2/4/09 then billed 72.00 on 2/17/09 we need to group toghter and fight these peapole please contact me @ [protected]@yahoo.com my only hope is my bank at this point it seems that the only way to make money is to rip other peaople off

Feb 23, 2009

This is fraud my checking account was debited I am out of work I called several times to cancel and got nowhere . Now my account is over drawn we shall see who gets the last laugh when I file fraud charges !!! And I never received an6y DVD as 1.95 also charged to my account

• Lf
      Feb 24, 2009

This is definately a scam. I should have known better as well. What really upset me though is when I called customer service, they didn't care about my problem and nobody would let me speak with a manager. Nobody would transfer me to a manager. I've never heard of such a thing. I asked please, I cried and I screamed but they would not transfer me to a manager. Isn't there anything I can do to file some sort of a report against them?

• Ji
      Feb 24, 2009

I was misled through this web-scam!!! I am very upset with google to Lie, over making money on the internet. the best way to sell a product is to be as honest as your parents taught you. If this is the way you want to be, I can to... This was a down right dirty scam, Lie. I was told I had 7 days to make up my mind. I got my cd andon the 24th of February and I was charged 77.88. I want my Money back. Jimmy Mooneyham

• Ji
      Feb 24, 2009

I am turning this in as fraud, because I was not told about 76.88 dollars I was gonna be charged. My cd did not get to my mail box until 24th of Feb, 2009. I called and cancelled immediotly!!! I want my Money back!!! Signed: Jimmy Lee Mooneyham 2/24/09

• Gi
      Mar 01, 2009

I am really glad that I came to this site before I paid for the money tree!!! I am a new mom who was looking for a way to make money from home, but I see that this is not the way! By the way, I live in Las vegas so the crop add has been given out is nothing more then a call center : 2375 E Tropicana Ave
    Suite 8
    Las Vegas, NV 89119. I wish every one the best and I hope the you all can get your money back.

• Wa
      Mar 20, 2009

It is a scam!!! they got my $ and did not mail the c d and book and when i called they basically said too bad no refund!!! they are a bunch of damn thieves.

• Ra
      Mar 23, 2009

Their website is no longer available. Rashida Pauksta
    3/23/09

• Ti
      Mar 25, 2009

i WAS ONLY TO BE CHARFED $1.00, BUT I HAVE BEEN CHARGED ALMOST $150.00 FOR A CD.

• Da
      May 15, 2009

I too allowed myself to be duped by Google Money Tree. I got the CD and it was infected with a virus called Generic Artemis. It was totally unusable. I also got charged $72.21. I called and complained and demanded a refund. I got an RGA number and thus far, they have yet to return my money. They told me first up to five business days. No refund. I called after that and I was told 7-1o business days. Nothing. I called today and was told it was manually entered but would still take 7-10 business days. This time I told them get it done or else I would sue them in court. I'm attaching a screen shot of the viruse my McAffee found.

• Pi
      Sep 10, 2009

This is definitely mis-leading. Google just lost my trust and I wi8ll be their best advertisement and not in a positive way. I signed up then checked my junk mail to find out they had given my info to 3 other companies all in line to bill me. I cancelled all the account immediately. If they put additional charges against my account I will seek legal advise. GOOGLE IS A SCAM...

• Ar
      Sep 11, 2009

Google Money is a complete scam and should be closed down. I paid for the info for about $1.89 and expected to get something in my mailbox. I thought what the hell- thats not a bad price for any good info. What I didn't get was anything sent to me, and got a monthly charge of about $78.99 on my credit card statement. When I saw that, I cancelled with them AND did a charge-back with my credit card company just to make sure.
    Then more charges started to appear on my statements from companies that I have never heard of. Like Socialtoolkit.com...they are one of the worst! I called them after I saw a charge on my statement and cancelled and said I want a refund on my card. They claimed to have a recorded phone call with me and me saying that I accept all charges. They said they cannot give me a refund and would give that recording to my credit card company. I said go ahead but I will do a chargeback. I did do that and will see what happens next but will be hard on that.
    Another company that started charging me was one that gives info on how to make money on Ebay. Funny, but I already make money on Ebay so of course I do not need this.
    I had about five different companies charging me on my credit card. I back charged them all.
    I should have known better because I am a computer tech and security specialist so they even got me. This makes me feel like an idiot but a learning experiance.
    I won't be fooled again!