Google Money Tree / scam

CA, United States Review updated:

I should have known better, esp being on a fixed disability income, but i'm trying to save my home from being foreclosed. I am a minister and have a phd doing spiritual counseling for paroled felons and their families. Unfortunately it is pro bono as no one has dollars since just getting out of prison and trying to fine jobs and living accommodations.

Within the 7 day time limit I emailed several googlemoneytree addresses with no replies. My bank account has been charged and I am reporting to the bank that these are fraud charges, esp since I never received the kit. What else can I do?

The only reason I went for this scam was that I thought google was a trusted name. Shame on you!!

Comments

Eb
  5th of Dec, 2008
the add said free7 day trial just pay 3.88 shipping my account was charged 72.88 2 days after signing up for a the trial when I call they allowed me to cancel my account but refused to refund my money
Aw
  9th of Dec, 2008
I ordered the product three weeks ago still have not recieved it I payed the original amount of $3.88 then I got a charge on my credit card of $93.53 putting me way over my limit and causing extra charges on my card still nothing from them this is a total scam.
Na
  12th of Dec, 2008
I am commenting regarding all the scams that I have read on the "Google Money Tree". This happened to me too, just last week. I signed up for a work from your home info package for the amount of $3.88. I have never received anything from them. Then I was doing some on-line banking and found that $72.21 had been taken out of my account by Google Money Tree. I never agreed to any of this. For all of you out there who have been scammed by them, here is their phone number...1-888-760-6767. As I was trying to get to this "Complaints Board" website I saw their ad again. It is a big ad that is very deceiving. It looks as tho' it is an actual "Google" company with an as seen on tv logo on the left, and a bunch of credible company names on the bottom of the page. I am having my bank get my money back, but I know there are a bunch of people out there that are having a hard time getting their money back, so I hope the phone number helps.
Th
  16th of Dec, 2008
I also submitted my payment via the internet of 3.88 for a disc that never arrived. Yesterday I received a phone call telling me that I had been charged $72.21 on my Visa. This phone call was from an unknown source. I checked my bank and sure enough the charge was there. I called 1-888-760-6767 and was told that the material had been sent. I never got a thing also was told that there is no refund but they would cancel everything. What kind of search engine is Google to allow a scam like this to proceed
Su
  19th of Dec, 2008
I purchased the "kit", on December 4. I was to be charged $3.88 For postage. Well the package never came, I could not get on the site at all, Then on December 11th my checking account was charged $72.21. I sent a request for a refund via e-mail, no response. I sent a second request,
received an e-mail with a phone # 866-870-4257 .I spoke to a rep., and I was informed that there is no refund, because I did not notify them within 24 hours, of my not being able to get on the site.

She said that when I put in my credit info, that I was giving permission for them to charge my account. I thought that was only for the postage.

I am a person living on social security, just trying to make extra money to support myself. This I could not afford.

If anyone out there has any suggestions I could use the help.
I did write another request to google money tree, But I don't have much hope that is going to help out any.
  19th of Dec, 2008
Go to "Jobs/Work At Home/ All Google Cash Rip-Offs" and register your complaint, so we can all be counted in one place then we can get something done. Possibly A class action lawsuit to hit them in their pocketbook or if you go to "FBI Internet Fraud Website" and file your complaint, maybe they will see how many people have been scammed by this and do something about it. Thanks, Sharon Rogers
  19th of Dec, 2008
Please see comment by Sharon Rogers on Susan Pierce "Scam" on 12/19/08 "Work At Home" under "Google Money Tree Scam".
  19th of Dec, 2008
please read Comments by Sharon Rogers to Susan Pierce 12/19/08 at "Work At Home" under Google Money Tree
To
  20th of Dec, 2008
I signed up for a $50 gift card from Olive Garden and as a condition I agreed to order a free google money tree kit but I had to pay postage of something like $3.98 which i charged to my credit card. I could not finalize the deal and it keep going back to my ordering the free kit again. There was no way i could get the gift card from Oliver Garden. It's a scam. Now I have to tried to cancel the charge. I doubt I will be successful. I tried to call the number on the previous complaint but they are not open on Saturday so I will probably get the same answer that I did not cancel within 24 hours. Google money tree is a rip off because they want you to order more products
Tom Bergin
Je
  26th of Dec, 2008
Google Money Tree is a joke. I signed up to receive the kit and paid $3.88 shipping and handling. I didn't realize that the 7 day trial period started when you sign up, not when you receive the kit. I was charged $72.21 and when I tried to call and get a refund, they told me it was impossible. I spoke to three different representatives, but none of them would allow me to speak to a supervisor or manager. They told me that wasn't the supervisor's job. When I complained that I had found reviews stating customers didn't receive their kits, the third representative even told me that the website would have more information and I didn't need the kit anyway, basically confirming that it wasn't coming. This company is a scam, and I'm working with my bank to get my money refunded. I did get the address for corporate, and will be sending a letter complaining about this on Monday. For anyone else who would like to send a letter, here's the address.

2375 E Tropicana Ave
Suite 8
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Pa
  28th of Dec, 2008
I received the software in the mail, but I can't find them on the web. I want to cancel.
Ne
  31st of Dec, 2008
LOL!!! I can't believe people still fall for this kind of stuff!! It's so corny! Live and learn people...live and learn.
Pv
  7th of Jan, 2009
At the bottom of the page, unfortunately, it says that "The Money Tree" is not associated whatsover with Google, so don't dis Google. They are still a great company. :)
Ti
  16th of Jan, 2009
GO TO GOOGLEMONEYTREE.COM
OR GO TO INTERNETMONEYTREE.COM

CUSTOMER SERVICE TO CANCEL IS 866-870-4257

EMAIL IS SUPPORT@GOOGLEMONEYTREE.COM

YOU MUST CALL TO CANCEL

PLEASE GO ONLINE AND REPORT THIS FRAUD AT : https://complaint.ic3.gov/

DO NOT LET THIS SCAM CONTINUE!

SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE BEEN SCAMMED WITH THEM OR EVEN THINKING ABOUT DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM. THEY RECEIVED AN F RATING FROM THE BBB. LETS STOP THEIR SCAMMING!!!
  1st of Feb, 2009
Any non-scam company will have a paypal option on their site.
Ju
  11th of Feb, 2009
I think you can do something about it. they never send you a kit, so ther was britch of contract. go to small clime courts may be
Lb
  12th of Feb, 2009
This company is a CROCK. They advertise the HOME GUIDE TO WORKING FROM HOME. It looked interesting, and said to only cost about $3 and some change for the "DVD information". It took 10 days to arrive at my home. 3 days prior to that I noticed 2 charges on my bank account statement. First there was the $3?, then about 7 days later there was a charge for approx $59. I called their 800 number and all the girl i spoke to would say is, its in the Terms and Conditions. If you don't cancel in 7 days we charge you. Of course i asked for a supervisor...and what did she say, 'They wont talk to you, that's not their job"...a supervisor that doesn't supervise? So i asked her who her boss was, who checked her work... She said the supervisors. Weird! So i hung, went to their website and read those T & C's...It is noted under "other charges"...and not in numbers, but in words so its pretty much hidden.
Frustrated a day or 2 later i called again. I got a pretty nice guy who repeated everything the first girl said. i asked him why they put that info under "other", he didn't know. I asked him why they charged me after 7 days when my DVD didn't even show up until 10 days. He claimed that they emailed me with a password to use their website until the DVD came. The email was not clear and i didn't know. Of course i asked again for a supervisor...He said the same thing, they would NOT talk to me. He refused to give me my money back and that was that.
Beating my head against an, obviously not budging, wall...i wrote the BBB (better business bureau)...I have heard NOTHING. Not even a 'we got your email but sorry cant help"...I emailed Google Money Tree's "Support" email...Still haven't heard anything and its been way over a month. I'm at a loss and out of $72. O! and that DVD doesn't even work. Go Figure!
DO NOT sign up with this company for anything...they claim to want to help but when you ask they wont even talk to you.
Mi
  13th of Feb, 2009
Unfortunantly, GOOGLE IS DIRECTLY INVOLVED and they are no longer a great company. They have sold out and all the things that they originally founded their company have now diminished. If you do say that "at the bottom of the page google money tree says its not affiliated with google." Obviously this is a VERY UNTRUE STATEMENT. If it was not affiliated than google would have a very good case for Misrepresentation of a Trademark, Negligence and Slander. Countless people have COMPLAINED ABOUT GOOGLE MONEY TREE and if GOOGLE was so strongly against the correlation between the two then obviously they could disband the connection. Unfortunantly, it is obvious that Google is DIRECTLY PROFITING from this scam which is praying on people who have learned to trust the company. This is the direct reason for people believing that the internet is no longer a source of information(as it was intended to be) but it is instead a barrage of countless popups and ads, with a predatory intent, to prey on peoples vunerability(especially present day) when thinking of possible ways to make money. People who are not familiar with the internet, believe that it is INDEED a Good was to make money. They see that in some cases, people HAVE made money from "working at home" via the Worldwide Web. But NEVER or at least RARELY when subscribing to a GOOGLE MONEY TREE-LIKE scam where customers are promised thousands a week for FREE with no CHARGE "Just SHipping." These people should be shameful because they are the direct cause of the degredation of the internet. Shame ON GOODLE!!!

-mike
El
  18th of Feb, 2009
I agree 100%...I'm out to bring google down for not doing anything about this complaint.
They are obviously letting this company use their name, so they must be benefitting from this...BRING THEM DOWN.
Th
  20th of Feb, 2009
my name is thomas my story is the same iam desperate for work and needed something to work the dates are just newer 2/4/09 then billed 72.00 on 2/17/09 we need to group toghter and fight these peapole please contact me @ takaczypenski@yahoo.com my only hope is my bank at this point it seems that the only way to make money is to rip other peaople off

Google Logo Google