Google Money Profit / unauthorized withdrawals and fraudulent business practices!

I had several unauthorized withdrawals from my bank account for Network Agenda and BSM Grant Search. Recently, I purchased a CD for "Google Money Profit". This was sent from a company called Raven Media (the withdrawals started before I received the CD). I've been working on this all day trying to find out where the withdrawals came from. When I send emails to Raven Media, I got some rather nasty replies. I called the number for cancellations that I found on www.googlemoneyprofit.com [protected]). There was a very long wait, but it was worth it. I found out I was actually calling Raven Media. They canceled my Google Money Profit account. I had to ask a lot of questions, but finally found out that they were associated with Network Agenda and BSM Grant Search. Apparently, when I ordered the Google Money Profit CD, Network Agenda and BSM Grant Search were services that were included (obviously not free). I was able to cancel the BSM Grant Search while on the phone and they agreed to return the money they had withdrawn from my checking account. The number for Network Agenda was provided, and I had to call them [protected]) to cancel the account. I hope this is the last I hear from any of them, and I hope this info helps others with the same problem.

Comments

2nd of Jan, 2008

Same thing happened to me. They must be taking credit card numbers from people and making unauthorized transactions. I am reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.

• Dn
      7th of Jan, 2008

Sheila, very helpful,

Much appreciated for the in-depth situation you described, I've been a victim of these guys as well from a posting on MONSTER.com

Their ethics are questionable and all curious persons interested in or whoem are researching this product should be very much aware!!!

• Cl
      9th of Jan, 2008

I also just paid for the cd for 1.95 and they made an illegal withdrawal for 39.95 on 1/8/08. I did not authorize this withdrawal I was under the impression that you get the disc to check it out then decide. I also would like my money back

• Sc
      9th of Jan, 2008

This is a complete scam!!!

• Fi
      10th of Jan, 2008

I heard all this bad stuff about it and totally was scared when I knew they had my credit card information, so I used the number on this website and called them immediately the next day and there were no questions ask - they deleted my account with them and have no charged my account - to be safe, I also changed my bank numbers and notified my bank of the issue and to investigate any issues related with this company - a few days later the $1.95 CD showed up in the mail and I didn't even bother looking at it.

• Ju
      24th of Jan, 2008

Went through the very same thing. I filed a charge dispute with my credit card and obtained confirmation numbers for cancellations of subscriptions. I will see what happens next month.

Shame on these folks!

• Be
      28th of Jan, 2008

I would like to know a phone number to use in order to "opt out" or discontune this great money making deal! The two phone numbers listed are always busy and when answered just tell you all lines are busy and please call back. Call back and you get the same thing. For a company as large as Google this should be a nightmare in the making with bad publicity! Are they stupid by not giving you an easy way to say "I do not want to to participate." Does anyone have a phone number where you can reach a live voice?

• Pa
      30th of Jan, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I had my credit card closed.
    I got a charges from;
    BSM/GRANT SEARCH ASST. 866-370-7270 NV. $7.95
    NETWORKAGENDA.COM 800-418-9320 UT $9.95
    REWARDMEMORELIVE 888-546-2285 UT $33.87
    GROWINGRICHW/GOOGLE 866-396-5695 NV $39.95monthly charge they hit me for 2 months.

I got this number for Google 650-253-0000 plus this address;

1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
    Mountainview, Ca. 94043
    from REWARDMEMORE SPOKESPERSON PAUL

• Ci
      4th of Feb, 2008

"Google Money for Profit" is such a scam. I also authorized a $1.95 w/d for S/H, and next thing I know they were taking out $39.95 for some membership. I received 9 phones calls from them one day and told them not to call me and cancel anything they thought they had going with my name. It didn't stop there I received 10 more calls from a different number (pretty sly). I was able to get my "membership" canceled by calling Network Agenda at 800-418-9320. Then I had to call 866-396-5695 to get a refund. I did have to hold for about 25 min. and the line was crappy. The gal I talked to called me back to see if we could get a better line and NO. We were able to understand each other enough so she knew that I wanted a refund and my name taken out of all of there databases. Since I couldn't understand the refund conformation number she did send me a email with it. Once I got to talk to a real person it was easy (they must get these kind of calls all day long). I't's just the fact that they have the nerve to do stuff like this to people all the time is aggravating,

• Th
      19th of Feb, 2008

Google money profit actually did get your permission to charge each and every one of those charges, if you would read the terms and conditions, you would understand all the charges, the $1.95 S&H for the CD includes a free trial for several offers. You have to understand, to have a legitimate web-based business, you have monthly maintenance fee's such as a hosting fee, all of those are included in the 39.95$ you were charged per month. Next time you order a product online, or a service online, PLEASE read the terms and conditions, your ignorance is not bliss in this case, and Google should be taking you to court for avoiding legitimate fees that you agreed to pay.

• Ga
      26th of Mar, 2008

I was also the victim of this scam. Wow its really amazing that these people are able to get away with these plain out Fraud practices. I was able to cancel the Network Agenda account 7.95 a month via the number provided 1800-418-9320. However I had to call BSM-Grant Search seperately at1866-370-7270 to find out that I was being charged 39.99 a month for that service and 9.99 a month for Express Business funding. In total they got me for 115.86 for two months. If I had not checked my Amex bill this would have gone on indefinately. Also I never even got there bogus CD in the mail. I never authorized these charges yet they made them every month on my Credit Card. This is definately a scam and you should beware of sites that only charge shipping and handling for thier product. I hope this helps with other victims of this scam at BSM-Grant-Search and Network Agenda obviously they are a joint scam operation. I am also reporting this with the Better Business Bureau.

• Be
      27th of Mar, 2008

I never agreed to a charge of 39.95 and I want my money back you caused other payments to bepast due

3rd of Apr, 2008

They are bleeding me dry. Didn't know about these charges until my bank told me i was overdrawn! I called the number 866-396-5695 five times before i got through. At least the lady was nice even though the line was absolutely terrible. Told me i had charges of 7.95, 39.95, 12.95 from different ares connected with this scam because i didn't cancel within the trial period(?) What a rip off for a $1.95 CD.
    As far as the terms and conditions are concerned. We really are guilty of just clicking away without reading them. I for one have learned a very valueable lesson. If its to good to be true ...

• Lo
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I want this scam to quit they aree noit going to rip me off again. I want the money they have took from me and put back into my account right away. We have just been riped off by the government and they have already took $49.50 out and $39.95 out and now they have taken out $9.95 out of our account. We don't like being ripped off like this. The government grant disc we have received does n ot make since to my Husband an d I and would appreciate them giving our money back baecause they said all we would have to pay is shipping and handling to get it. What is the world coming to when the government starts ripping people off like myself I do not have a job at the present moment. So please give my money back to me in my account ASAP.

Mrs. Lois Layfield

I am piussed off noiw with our government for this money stealing scam