Google Fortune / stole my funds

642 Main Street, Nevis 33776 , Nevis, FL, US Review updated:

I joined the google fortune site on 8/12/09. I got a letter that they wanted 69.97 in fees for google fortune unless I withdraw within 30 days. I withdrew on 8/14/09 I got a confermation number to verify this. on 8/19/09 they still withdrew 69.97. I had no clue till I got my bank statement. this to me is theft. so I called to demand my money back. I had to speek to some foreign person who could not even take my name. but understood my phone number to open my account. she told me I needed to cancel but could not get a refund. after an hour she understood I canceled my account but made me do it again why I do not know. than I was told I may get my funds in 30 days. but that was all. who is going to repay all the bank fees for over drawing my account I ask. if anyone files a suit against google let me know I would love to join it.
I hate it when people steal from me. I can only imagon how many thousands / millions who fall for this site and have the same done to them. we must be talking millions of dollars that they are stealing for people like me wo are out of work willing to try investing in a good name like google only to be robed or our last dimes that we really dont have just to try to make money to survive this crisses the bush admin put us in
Jim
[protected]@hotmail.com

Comments

•   Aug 24, 2009

This has nothing at all to do with Google.

Unfortunately, it is a scam and you were taken in. They are using the google name ilegally.

The AdSense program that is run by Google is free. They do not charge anything to sign up, and nothing at all to use the ads on your site to earn money.

You are lucky you actually got someone to cancel your account. Many of these scams run, there are hundreds of different names for it. And thousands of people who have been unable to reach anyone to cancel their accounts.

Google didn't rob you, but someone sure did.

•   Aug 24, 2009

phone number? please?

• Li

[protected] webmoneytraining http://www.WebMoneyTraining.com/login.php

• Ga
      Aug 26, 2009

I was ripped off on this scam too, plus two more companies (?) must have bought my bank numbers and tried also. My bank credited my account when I filed a claim. Still waiting for a credit on the original $69.97, they have another 15 days. Complain at the Better Business Bureau http://www.bbbonline.org/consumer/complaint.asp and if you want to go further to the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I just posted about this Fraud at www dot geogypsy 2 dot blogspot dot com

• Li
      Sep 02, 2009

I too was riped off my WEBMONEYTRAINING.. the [protected] is a recording.. I'll be going to my bank to see if I can get my $ 69.96 dollar back

• Sd
      Sep 02, 2009

I have fallen victim to this scam as well. I'm usually pretty careful with online transactions but decided to take a chance with Googleworks, it turns out they ripped me off. They said $1.97 startup fee and then $69 after 7 day trial period. I was supposed to get email with startup info but instead got about 250 emails the same day and still keep receiving them, I called their [protected] number to complain and got a person who didn't speak english very well. They did cancel the account and promised a refund after I threatened to call my bank and report as fraudulent charge, but it's been a month and still no refund. I've called 4 more times the past couple of weeks and was told the first time that they were sorry and would escalate the refund and should have it within 2-3 business days. I waited 4 business days and called back and was told the same thing, so I gave it another 4 business days and still no refund. I called again yesterday 9/1/09 and was told they were having technical difficulties accessing my account and they would call me back as soon as their system was up, I never received a call back. Today I called them back and was told the same thing once again, we're sorry for the delay and we'll escalate your refund, I asked them for manager and was given a different number to call [protected] which takes you to a voicemail that is full. I have since called my bank to dispute and will be filing with the BBB.

• Sr
      Sep 18, 2009
    Google Fortune - unauthorized charges to my account
    7614 Arvilla Ave.
    Sun Valley
    Phone: [protected]

This company is absolutely horrible! Click on a link to charge 1.97 and get a charge for 69.97 less than a week later? We are going through hoops to get it canceled, when we didn't want it to begin with. The best part? The chick on the phone(who works for multiple companies, what does that tell you?), tries to talk me into buying something else! Seriously? How do you sleep at night? We also got a nice note saying they would report us to badcustomer.com.

• We
      Sep 18, 2009
    Google Fortune - unauthorized charges to my account
    network agenda
    googlefortune.com

this is definately a scam, luckily for me i was able to cancel on the same day i tried it and there is a customer service number for those wishing to get their money back. call [protected] or [protected]. good luck

• 7o
      Sep 22, 2009
    Google Fortune - software is not working
    google
    Bellflower
    California

I ordered the google fortune kit but I could not start using it because it is not working; when it starts run nothing appears on the Adobe Flash Player 9 widow but the word "undefinied" I hope they dont charge me any more money because I have not any more.

• Ky
      Oct 05, 2009

Add me to the ripped off list! I also canceled and was charged for the & 69.97 and was told it would not be refunded. My experience is exactly like the gentleman that did all the calling around and got the run around. I too will be calling my bank and BBB!

• Ce
      Oct 06, 2009
    Google Fortune - Stole money from my acct
    Pennsylvania

I ordered the $1.97 Cd on line for marketing which that amount was taken out of my account and i did receive a cd. A few days after placing the order an amount of $69.97 was taken out of my account without my authorization. I called my bank and was given the contact info for them. When i called the company they told me I purchased a HEALTH product. (and totally unrelated to the initial purchase) I said i did no such thing. They said they would reverse the charge and it would take 3 to 5 days to process. Then I received an email stating that I would receive my refund within 7 to 10 business days and if I did not receive my refund by that time to call them. So I called them again and asked about the refund and they said we will do a research and you can call back in 24 to 48 hrs. I did this a couple times and was told the same thing to call back in a couple days. I asked to talk to a manager. no one available. I finally spoke with someone else who claimed to be a supervisor ( oh in the Phillipines by the way) and she said my refund is pending because of problem with my visa card and/or my bank acct info. Now I'm afraid they will try to take more out. I have been in contact with my bank about this several times. It's been over three weeks and I have not received my refund. When i received my cd, inside of the envelope was a large glossy piece of paper. This is what it states...

NOTICE:
    Any charges disputed with your bank against this account will be reported to the internet consumer blacklist
    www.badcustomer.com and will result in member merchants blocking you from making future purchases online!

By inserting something like that just proves they expect people to dispute because they know they are thieves.
    I'd like to know what I can do about this. I can't afford this. I am struggling as it is without companies stealing from my account. It's these companies that hurt the good ones because more and more people will think twice before ordering something in fear of being scammed.

• Do
      Oct 08, 2009
    Google Fortune - SCAM
    Michigan

This is a complete scam which I got sucked into due to something forwarded by an acquaintance. As soon as I finished the $1.97 trial transaction I got two emails from two subscription services for which I had no need nor interest. I called them within twenty minutes of the transaction to cancel my trial periods without ever using the sites. Thus I thought I had nipped this thing in the bud. Not true...the subscriptions sites are just adjuncts to the original crooks. The $1.97 transaction was on 9/18. On 9/25 they hit my credit card for $69.97 - something which I did not find out about until my statement arrived on 10/7. Since I had not received any communication of any kind from Google Fortune I contacted my credit card company and, rather than dispute the charge immediately, requested and was provided a contact number for the company in order to work things out. I called Google Fortune and they simply stated that my trial period was 7 days from 9/18 to 9/25 (the day the charge hit my CC) to which I asked how I can I trial something without access to any product or information. The rep was borderline rude and said he would explain it...I was sent a confirmation email (FALSE) and a kit in the mail (FALSE) that contained everything I needed. It was clear he would not do anything so I told him I wanted to cancel...he responded with a lower price offer. When I refused and said I wanted to cancel he asked how I was so sure about cancellation without seeing or using their services. HUH? Did he just concede my point? NO...so he offered to reduce the subscription service charges to $59.97 going forward. It took several go arounds before he agreed to cancel the account.

I hung up the phone and there in my mail (silly me opened the credit card statement first) and there was an envelope from Google Fortune which looked like junk mail. OK, so they did mail something out, just not on a timely basis. I opened the mailer and with their CD was a large full color insert explaining that if you challenge their billings via your credit card company they will report you to www.BadCustomer.com to blacklist (their word not mine) you from doing business with internet businesses. WHAT? Doesn't this prove they know exactly what they are doing - delay the mailing so the trial period has expired before the consumer can act and threaten blackmail? They collect a minimum of $69.97 and perhaps more if someone doesn't look closely at their statements.

I called my credit card company to challenge the charge. Boy am I scared.
    I hope lots of people read this before they get sucked into this bunch of scam artists.

By the way the one thing the DO deliver on is junk email. Exponential increase!

• Ca
      Oct 21, 2009
    Google Fortune - unauthorized withdrawal of money
    7614 Arvilla Ave.
    Sun Valley
    Phone: [protected]

I had sent for a free information pkt. for which I authorized a $1.97 to be deducted from my acct. Suddenly there's a withdrawal from my checking acct. for $69.97 I NEVER authorized this withdrawl for $69.97! My bank and the Google Fortune company have been notified.

• Al
      Oct 27, 2009

i thought all i was ordering was a cd for 1.99 then i get charged 69.97 i didnt even know anything about this, when i called the company they would not even tell me their company name i was told they are a customer service company for google fortune. The person was highly trained to keep delaying the call not answering any of my questions and refused to refund any money.

this is ashame and if this company is actually from Google than shame on them!!! Scaming peoples hard earned money. Can someone put a stop to this and help us get our money back.

• On
      Oct 28, 2009

Network Agenda update:

I wanted to clarify the information posted above: the phone numbers posted are for Network Agenda only - not Google Fortune.

If you are a Network Agenda customer who is reading this and you have already contacted customer service at [protected] or [protected] and feel you were not treated fairly, or would like to discuss additional issues, please contact me directly at [protected], or you may email me at [protected]@cshelp.org, and I will promptly assist you.

Sincerely,
    Online Customer Support

• Vi
      Nov 03, 2009

I went thru the same ordeal and I am thinking of disputing this charge against my credit card company.
    Did you hear back on what your credit card company had to say when you disputed the charge? or it is still too early to find the outcome of the dispute?

• In
      Nov 12, 2009

This same thing happened to me. Don't buy into this! Total scam!

Nov 18, 2009
    Google Fortune - Charged my account
    Georgia

Company offered a Introduction to google fortune by CD. Received CD and was of poor quality. Was not aware of $69.97 charge. Called to get refund and agent just kep repeating that it was in my terms and conditions. I had to ask several times just to get him to cancel my subscription so I wouldn't be billed again. I finally had to hang up and call back when the supervisor would not come to the phone. The next rep told me that she couldn't do anything due to terms and conditions. Next she offered me a bottle of juice with a $90 value. Finally I was able to get 50% of my money credited back. I read the terms and conditions. This is a scam - beware.

• Us
      Jan 06, 2010

Similar things happened to me. My co-worker is also cheated by a similar fraud. Searching the Internet I see a huge number of victims out there. I'm going to file a complain with Internet Crime Complain Center:

If all of us victims do our best to fight back we could draw enough attention from the public and our government agency to stop it. (If the criminals are caught and sentenced, we can then possibly get our money back.)

For those of you who do not check your credit card history, do it now. You may find suspicious charges from some unknown

vendors for $1.97, $2.95, $4.95, $9.95, $19.95, $69.97, or $79.95 etc.

America is a good lawful country. The law should be used to protect the public, not the bandit.