GMcracked catalytic converter housing

I have a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado. It has been a great vehicle until recently. It developed an exhaust leak in the Catalytic Converter Housing. I contacted the Feldman Chevrolet by phone, in mid March to ask if the Catalytic Converter is still covered under warranty, since the vehicle has 76, 000 miles on it. I was told by the individual that I spoke with that he wasn't sure, but would find out and call me back. A couple of weeks went by with no return call, so I called the Okemos Michigan dealership, which resulted in pretty much the same situation.See Top 10 Worst Companies in DeWitt, MIToday, May 12, 2017, I called Sawyer Chevrolet. The individual I spoke with told me the same thing. The difference was, he asked me to hold and he would find out. He also was the first individual to ask about the vehicle, the VIN, the mileage, my name etc. He was very professional and friendly. Unfortuantely, he said, your emissions warranty expired 655 miles ago. I find this very disturbing. Had I not been put off, the stalled off, the problem would have been corrected by now... under warranty.
I feel that this should still be covered simply because of the situation that I just described.

Ri