Georgia Power / astronomical charges
My family of seven w/five minors (all under 7yrs) moved into a split level home well over a year ago and our monthly bill had always averaged around $100-150. But for the past three months our bill had double, then tripled. Just like every other citizen i wondered why but continued to pay the bill, since i always been budgeted for my average amount that's what i continued to pay. Then i get a letter saying that an additional DEPOSIT of $95 was required and was added to my bill. I continued my payment schedule then i received a bill that was $460 + Georgia Power had added ANOTHER "REQUIRED" DEPOSIT of $115. After contacting GP about the situation they told me that it was an "AUTOMATED" charge and there was nothing they could do about it. Times are hard these days and everyone can't just dish-out an extra 100 bucks when they obviously can't make full payment on their already HIGH bill. This should be illegal!!! Something should be done about this issue!!
More Georgia Power Complaints & Reviews
- Georgia Power - additional deposit required 
- Georgia Power - smart meter 
- Georgia Power - fees for a &returned check& that wasn't sent for payment 
- Georgia Power - liars and theifs
- Georgia Power - double billing 
- Georgia Power Company - Fraudulent Ga Power and other utility services being used
- Georgia Power Company - over charging customers for late payments
- Georgia Power Company - back yard light
- Georgia Power Company - customer service
- Georgia Power Company - use and damage to my private property.