General Motors / unethical behavior at peppers in paris, tn

Paris, TN, United States

I made an appointment with the service department at Peppers in Paris, TN. When asking how "warranty problems" worked, I learned that I would not be provided a "loaner car" while my warranty work was being completed. I felt that was a little unfair and the "lady" was not very professional about explaining how things worked so I asked to speak to the Manager of the Service Department. After shaking my hand and identifying himself, I asked to speak with him in private. I explained to him that I was not trying to be a disgruntled customer and I hated Mondays like the rest of us, however I was a customer and did not appreciate the rudeness I encountered at the front. He then proceeded to ask me where I bought the car and why I did not take it there to be serviced. I explained to him that I wanted to stay local as Nashville was a 2 hour drive. He again asked why I just did not take it back to where I bought it. I again told him that my husband had bought new from Peppers and I wanted to do business with them if I could. He told me that GM did not pay for a loaner car and I would not be provided one since I did not purchase the car directly from their dealership. I told him maybe I should have called the GM dealership in my hometown first to see what their policy was and he told me that yes, I in fact should call somewhere else. I ended the conversation as I felt he was trying to intimidate me (which did not work). I am very disappointed that I could not do business locally due to the unprofessional condescending way I was treated. Mr. McKinney definitely gave GM and Peppers a bad name in my book!

Li