Having problems with General Motors?

General Motors Customer Service Contacts

1800 508 0000 (Mexico)
+1 313 556 5000 (United States)
100 Renaissance Center, P.O. Box 431301
Detroit, Illinois
United States - 48232-5170
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 33170, Detroit, MI 48232-5170

Canada
№163-005, 1908 Colonel Sam Drive, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 8P7

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with General Motors Customer Service. Initial General Motors complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for General Motors above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about General Motors. Discuss the issues you have had with General Motors and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

General Motors Complaints & Reviews

General Motorspaint coming off

I have a 2003 Express van with 97, 000 miles, the paint is coming off on the top of vehicle, the GM body shop told me it is a manufatures defect, GM will not do anything about it, they said it is the weather in your area, this paint on the sides is perfect condition, The place where i live is Arizona so we do not have any problem with weater, My freind has a 1994 chevy and the paint still looks like new. I f you have a GM product that the paint is coming off, please report it before they go broke again, now would you buy another GM product ?

• Ze
      Zestar Corporation Aug 15, 2011

Ask for the durability data. Consumers have been winning repaints on new and pre-owned vehicles across the country. Recent small claims court victories inlcude $4500 in Massachusetts and $5500 in California.

answeringyourquestions Oct 13, 2010

Youre out of warranty?? Tough :)

General Motors South Africaopel astra peeling headlights

I own an Opel Astra and from the time the vehicle was 2 years old the coating on the headlights has begun peeling off. The vehicle was in for its 3 year service and I was told that the headlight covers will not be replaced under warranty as it is considered as bodywork.

The dealer has noted that this is a problem with the Astra model, that multiple complaints have been received about this issue and has even shown me another vehicle with the same problem.

After complaining to their Customer Care Department I was instructed to take the vehicle back to Thorp Plumstead. There the Service Manager took some photos of the problem and submitted them to GMSA. The official response from GMSA is that the parts will not be replaced as they have been buffed and due to the use of solvents in polish.

THAT IS RUBBLISH AND IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. THE VEHICLE HAS NOT BEEN BUFFED AND THE HEADLIGHTS HAVE NEVER BEEN POLISHED OR EXPOSED TO SOLVENTS. Who uses petrol to clean a car anyway???

If you are thinking of buying a vehicle from GMSA rather save yourself problems down the line and choose something else. The funny thing is that I was going to buy their top of the line Astra and give this car to my partner. Now I’ll rather spend my money on an Audi or VW.

The official bulleting reads as follows:

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

The purpose of this Bulletin is to remind all Dealership personnel that solvents must not be used to clean surfaces of plastic components.

The investigation of plastic components with signs of cracking, crazing or deterioration of the surface areas has shown the cause to be the application of solvents such as petrol. The use of substances, such as petrol, induces stresses in the surface of the plastic material and may lead to damage of the part being cleaned.

The photograph below shows the result of cleaning a headlamp lens with petrol. Localised damage has been promoted in the area of the headlamp beam due to the headlamp having been on, whilst the solvent was applied.

Although this example demonstrates the result of worst possible conditions with the light on while the solvent was applied, a similar effect can be caused by the application of any other solvent.

The cleaning of any plastic surface should be carried out using only water and detergent.

Under no circumstances should solvents be applied to a plastic surface. Damage resulting from contamination by solvent is not covered by warranty.

• Yl
        ylekhram Jan 29, 2013

Good day, could anyone please assist or guide me on the fflg matter:

I have been frauded by one of your employees from the GM city deep branch and im trying to get hold of him from last year may, he uses your company name as a reference to service vehicles outside of work, however i only have his name as thiruvasan chetty, i have made numerous calls to GM city deep, they have told me they cannot give the phone to him as i needed to speak to him urgently regarding his address whereby i could send him a lawyers letter due to the fact that a summon cannot be delivered to a work place, I also had spoken to his manager: Tony who have promised that if I do not send the police to his branch he would get thiruvasan to return the car and the cash, so I have at that time asked the detective that was in charge to hold back, however after a while tony said no I should arrest thiruvasan, this point of time it was to late and the detective was not interested in helping me any further, please could you give me some kind of assistance as he does not answer my calls and i do not have any sort of transport to go to him, he had taken my car last year may for a service i had paid him R5000 cash and after that he had disappeared, i have found my car very badly damaged and no service or any sort of repairs done, in a farm area in november in kempton park, i send this email to you out of desperation as i do not have any cash to solve this matter legally, as the police could not assist and said it was a civil matter, i have just recently moved up to johannesburg from durban and do not know much people around here that could assist me, i am looking forward to your assistance,

General Motors - Pontiac2008 pontiac grand prix gxp

Went to dealer this morning for oil change. Was advised I needed rear brakes, pads were down to rotors and rotor was rusted. Refused to have them do the work in that the hit me with a $420.00 brake bill 4 months ago, just for front pads and resurfaced rotors at 14, 000 miles. Went to Vespia and told them I needed rear brakes. After they pulled the wheels, they came back and asked why I was there, the brakes still have over 50% left and the rotors are fine. They also said the wheels had not been removed in that they needed a hammer to break the wheels free from the hubs. Went back to Salerno Pontiac to complain and they could care less. Admitted they did not pull the wheels, but looked through the rim. Stated they didn't say what they did and tried to cover themselves. Service manager just sat there lied through her teeth and giggled and laughed. Now I'm starting to think I didn't need the front brakes they sold me 4 months ago. Never again will I use this dealer for ANYTHING!

General Motorsno spare parts available

I've been trying for 3 months now to get a Left front shock absorber for my 2006 Chevy spark. No one in Pretoria keeps stock of this part, and the GM Dealers expect me to pay for this part before they will order it !
        After receiving the wrong part on two occasions, I am reluctant to part with my money for a part wich I havent even seen yet.
        How can GM South Africa sell a car without having common spares availble, and then expect their clients to fund them for a part they should have had in stock in the first place ?
        All I expect, is that they should order the part, call me when they do have it in stock, and I will go in to their store and buy the part if it is correct, is that so unreasonable ?

Martin Basson Jan 28, 2010

I agree that the after sale service at GM is absolutely pathetic. My girlfriend bought a Corsa light three years ago in Boksburg, brand new and only travels to work and home. With only 36000km on the clock, the warranty has expired and we now have continuos probles with vehicle. GM refuses to show us the proof of all the service history inspections and what was done on the vehicle. Another GM dealer did a diagnostic test and told us that the Boksburg GM dealer never changed the feul filter nore the air filter which we now belief is the result of the damages to our Corsa lite. I approached the service manager at the GM dealership in Boksburg to abtain the service history documentation and proof what had been done on the vehicle. To my surprise i was told that i can not see the jobcards and inspection sheets and was asked to leave the GM premisses.
            I am now dealing with GM South Africa and told that a GM representitave would have called me back on the day of my complaint. A day later and still no call. Taking the legal route now and involving the media and the Consumer board is the only way to go.
            Dealerships like this should be exposed.

General Motors South Africamaintenance plan

I bought a Izuzu KB200 at General Motors Benoni in 2007 with Dealer Maint of R8129.34 and Shortfall Cover of R2805.48. Shorty after words they closed down and were liquidated between two branches of which they say my file is with the accountant and can't access it. I have reported this with General motors Isando, the finance lady at general motors honeydew that said she will get this resolved and with general motors SA and no one seems to respond. I still have the original invoice for my vehicle if they do not recognized the service they sold me I would like my money back with interest.

General Motors2008 chevy trail blazer

I purchased a 2008 Trail Blazer 3 months after I purchased the Chevy service Eng. Light came on and the Trail Bazer starting running ruff. Took in to have checked. They say its fixed but the next day it came on again. After taking the car it several time they said the computer was bad. They ordered the computer in April the part shows upm in August after complaining about the wait, guess what The next day the light came back on. I have took this car 13 times to 3 different Dealers For the same problem and parts falling of the car. (door panels, Seat controler, scrubing under driver side, and body trim. It is almost Decmber and General Motors Has done nothing but cost me Time adn money. I WILL NEVER OWN A GM PRODUCT AGAIN!

Oh by the way 3 Chevy Dealers in my area have shut down Who is the Dumb A holes That Bailed this Sorry Company Out Whith My Tax Dollarss Thank U one Pissed of custmer Todd

chryslerrules Jul 31, 2010

In 2005 I bought a 05 Trailblazer and a 05 Rendezvous. They were both horrible LEMONS. The Trail Blazer engine light was ALWAYS on which I had the problem a couple cars back on a 97 Blazer. First snow storm in pa the 4x4 in the Trailblazer went out at least the Rendezvous got us around in the winter months without complaint UNTIL I was on my way home from work going up a steep hill when it was snow covered and the front wheels let loose and instead of the power going to the back wheels like it should I get a ding ding ding AWD DISABLE WARNING. It had 2 faulty wheel bearings that needed replaced. The trailblazer had 3 fuel pumps in one year. GM customer care was RUDE and UNCARING the only thing they offered was a discount on a new GM vehicle. No thanks. The Rendezvous had a total of 32 problems in one year and the Trailblazer had about 30 problems but unlike the Rendezvous that had a decent a/c the trailblazer needed 2 condensors. I travel alot and my cars get a 30, 000 miles a year put on them and GM acted like the only reason I had problems was that I drove to much. Are you serious? Both of them are gone I traded them both in on the same day at my local Chrysler Dealership for a 2008 Pacifica and a 2008 Grand Cherokee. Both have had ZERO problems and I love them so much. As for GM they will NEVER get another dime from me. At least when I called chrysler with a question about the Pacifica's Navigation they treated me with respect.

• Na
                nani5 Feb 16, 2010

YES I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE TRAIIL BLAZER,
                WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS, HAS ANYONE WHO BOUGHT A TRAIL BLAZER HAVE HAD PROBLE, MS WITH THE STABLIZATION LIGHT COMING ON. AND WHEN IT DOES THE VECHICLE WILL JERK TO THE LEFT SO BAD THAT YOU COULDN'T EVEN DRIVE IT ON WET ROADS. I HAVE HAD MY VEHICLE IN TO THE SHOP SEVERAL TIMES FOR THE SAME THING. THEN THE TRANSMISSION WENT OUT. THE BRAKES WENT THROUGH THE ROTORS. I TOOK MY TRAIL BLAZER IN LIKE 5 TIMES BEFORE THEY COULD FIND THE PROBLEM WHICH THEY SAID THEY FIXED WITH THE STABLIZATION THAT WAS MESSED UP, AFTER I PICKED IT BACK UP IT WOULDN'T BE SEVERAL WEEKS OR SO UNTILL THE SAME THING WOULD HAPPEN. I'VE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH IT. IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM PLEASE WRITE BACK AND LET ME KNOW.
                BRENDA

General Motorsaib bags

On October 23, 2009 my son was driving his 1997 Cavalier on the highway at 55mph when the passenger side airbag deployed. This cause damage to the dash and the windshield. We ended up having the car towed, could not see to drive with broken windshield. I called GM about the deployment, they wanted to inspect the vehicle. Cost of towing was 95.00, new windshield 325.00, estimate to fix dash and replace airbag is almost $2000.00. Took 4 days to get new windshield, meanwhile car was sitting in the rain with broken windshield. ( he waswithout a car for 7days) After getting the windshield replaced my son drives over 35 miles away to drop the car off at a GM dealership for the inspection. (another 5 days without a car) After the inspection I get a call from GM stating that the deploymment was caused by the sensor under the passenger seat getting wet, hello, of couse there was water in the car, 4 days of rain + broken windshield= WET! The car is also a convertible. At this time they offer to buy back the car for $1, 631.00 (less than the blue book value). My son decides this is the best option since he is now afraid to drive the car, drivers side could deploy at ant time. They didn't fix anything, just inspected it. We start the ball rolling with GM. Four days leter another call from GM, seems they just noticed that the car was purchased for $900.00 (my daughter-in-law gave my son an awesome deal on his first car, they're family) they "cannot pay more than the purchase price for the car so the offer is now $900.00. No compensation for the towing bill, the cost of the new windshield, or the cost of gas forpick up or delivery to the dealership, direct results of what they admitted was a defect in the sensor. My son has put over a thousand dollars into this car since the purchase, radiator, window motors, new tires, coil packs, thermostat, egr valve, plugs and other parts. This is their defect, my son could have lost his life andthey won't do anything if he doesn't accept their $900.00 offer. This family will never purchase another GM vehicle ever and the remaing ones we have will be sold. I will not do business with a company who has no regard for their customers. This experience has proven to me that GM does not stand behind their products nor do they care who gets hurt as a result of their neglegence.

answeringyourquestions Oct 13, 2010

If you knew the windshield was cracked, why didnt you have it replaced?? Sounds like someone had a problem and wants to blame it on someone else. Its a 1997, its an OLD car and it wasnt defective that something external (such as rain) caused this to happen. If the windshield wasnt leaking to begin with this wouldnt have happended. Next time youll fix your car and you might avoid the death of anyone else who drives it.. dont blame GM for your lack of maint. How could your son lose his life if the side airbag went out? Stop being melodramatic and stop [censor]in!!! You dont deserve compensation for something you couldve avoided... HAHA!

GM never buy again

I have 05 montana, cluster went out and was replaced under warranty. I got the van back and kids wanted to watch movie. No sound came out of speakers and a code rse off showed up on radio. Called dealer back and cheduled an appointment to get it fixed. This went on for over a year and each time I was told they were in touch with gm tech support and they were close to fixing the problem. Over 25 trips to the dealer and no fix. Called customer support a couple months into it and was told that they called dealer and dealer was taking care of problem so my file was closed. The dealer stopped answering my calls cuz they finally closed the dealership. Called cust. Supprot again to see what to do and now that dealer is out of business I cant prove itwas gms fault. Called again and told them to research and if the dealer was in contact with tech support there should be recods and also since I contacted cust. Support before again records are there. Gmcalled back and told me they found records and to start things off I needed to pay for a diagnostic, so much to my dsigust I did. Customer support called me back and said district support taking over my file. They called me and said they are going to review my case and will call me back. Well they did and told me a new radio will cost me $550 plus dollars and as always told me "sorry for the inconvenience". Gm has us bail them out and says f u back? This must be true cuz I told them I wont ever buy another gm, nor will my 4 kids, my 2 sisters, 1 brother, parents close friends... And anyone else tired of gm not making right wrongs they caused. All for $550 dollars which is a lot for me but nothing to gm. They are willing to lose that many future sales for $550. Not too smart. I would not be pissed if th radio problem was my fault, but since it wasnt I am.

General Motors South Africaafter srvice and tecnical competency

I had my Chev Lumina seviced resently and reqested they fix an alarm indicatating a problem with the engine. It is now aproxsemitly at the dealer for repairs 4 months. They orderd the parts incoretly, and have consulted their so called engineers.

My GM costemer complaint no is [protected]

Any assistance will be apreasiated, [protected]@Angloplat.com

I am astonished that GM absolute lack of intrest and competency.

The car is Austrialian made based on the Holden.

General Motorsdangerous tire valve stems

Our leased 2007 Chevrolet Equinox includes a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with aluminum tire valve stems made in China via Dill. 3 have oxidized and crumbled in the past year. The CSR I spoke with at GM (Deloris x2677) never heard of this defect. However, the Ministry of Transportation has had "numerous complaints" and are investigating.

In the meantime, we have to drive our Equinox with little time-bombs on our tired. Any Grade 8 metal shop student knows that untreated aluminum oxidizes and becomes BRITTLE!

Why does GM continue to replace this defected part with the same defected part? Do customers have to crash and die first? Like the Ford/Bridgestone cover-up in the 90's?

General Motors Hummer H2poor quality

I puchased a 2004 hummer h2 brand new in september of 2004. The truck has been in the shop more than its been in my heated garage. The truck now has only 39000 miles on it and is only used by my wife to go to work and shopping, it has never been offroad or even driven down a dirt road. The problems stared with a water leak from a roof seam that the dealer was aware of when they sold it to us and never disclosed the defect. Since they took so long to fix it water entered the dash every time it was taken to the dealer and they left it outside in the rain.I finally took it to a private shop and they fixed the leak that the dealer failed to do on at least 6 attempts. The truck since then has had numerous electrical problems including speedometer failure, ignition switch failure, climate control system failure. We wanted to test the shifting into 4 hi lock before the warrenty is expired and sure enough the service 4 whell drive warning light appeared in the display. This truck has been a nightmare from day one I have lost thousands in wages by having to take the truck in for service because my wife cannot take time off from work. General motors and the now defunct hummer dealer are giving us the telephone game runaround hoping we will just stop calling. I never thought I would ever say this but I am done with buying GM. I will go with toyota on the next purchase looks like they will be around for a while to stand behind the products they sell.

GMC — duramax diesel

i have a 2003 3500 with the duramax diesel. it started smoking out the tailpipe. took it to the dealership to...

GM gm sucks

So after going to look at a 2005 Infiniti g35 (which i should have bought) I go to look at the 2006 Pontiac GTO (which I did buy). Car had 32k minles on it and looked perfect. I bought it through a local GM certified dealership who told me the car tested perfect. I have had it 3 months now and it has been in the repair shop 2 times. First time they replaced the ignition (under warranty) because my key wouldn't turn over. Now the a/c is out (900 miles out of warranty) to the tune of about 1k in repair cost. Typical GM crap. Last GM product I ever buy from them. (fyi...the last GM i had i spent about 4k fixing it and sold it with less than 100k miles on it.) Ever wonder why your going under GM? Maybe it's because your cars are CRAP! I want my tax dollars back and hope you get shut down for good!

• Ms
                            msmaryjj Feb 26, 2015

i am a owner of a 05 colbat, and had the ignition replace and been have issue every since, and now the key is stick in the ignition and cant get it out please sugget what to do i dont have the money to get it fix

• Db
                            dblsecretprob Dec 21, 2014

GM runs commercials every 10 minutes here in Detroit to get people to buy them but people here know better

• Wh
                            white96 Jan 02, 2010

DO NOT take a car loan out through GMAC. I am a parttime college student. If my payment is 2 days late, GMAC calls 3 times a day, every day. I AM NOT EXAGGERATING...GMAC will call you at work even though you constantly tell them not to. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM

GM unable to get parts

We purchased 4-Chevy Dump Trucks, Model #C6500 in 2004. Needless to say we have to replace both gas tanks on all four dump trucks, it's a bad design and they are rusting out. We know we are not the only GM Chevy Dump Truck owners out there and we know other owners are having the same problem. But no GM dealer has these tanks and we use these dump trucks for everyday operations here at the Military Base. I need to have them switched out before winter as they are leaking and GM has no extras and/or does not have a build date for them? How are companies supposed to operate owning GM Products and not able to get parts for them?

General Motorsbrakes

My 2004 Chevy Colorado with only 31000 miles had an ABS sensor light come on and I took it to a service center. I was told that including labor this would cost about 600 dollars. A little later the mechanic called back and said that I also neede new brake hubs on the front because of a terrible design. This would cost another 600 dollars for a grand total of 1200 dollars. They checked the internet and no recalls were found. My question is why not. I also read many of the same complaints and as I would like to get some of my money back I also wonder about GM commitment to Safety. Whatever it takes for a recall shoul happen in this case.

• Ta
                                Tareytonman Jan 25, 2011

ABS Sensor light on Colorado; I had this happen to me. As it turned out, the ABS sensor is located in the wheel bearing casting assembly. It was the wheel bearing that was going out...and it did, at 50K, and I was 800 miles away from home. This is a routine problem for all Chevy and GMC trucks according to my mechanic. Get them replaced promptly. My wheel fell off. Haven't had a problem since I replaced them with Timkin bearings. Cost should be approximately $335.00 per wheel. No cheap fix!

• Ay
                                ayoho Jan 13, 2011

My 2004 Chevy Colorado with only 51000 miles had an ABS sensor light come on and I took it to a service center. if I sell my first born, then I can afford the repair bill with no promise that it will be fixed. But when I apply the brakes the brake peddle kicks back, and it takes almost both feet pushing down while the peddle kicks back trying to stop. And I have had other Colorado owners ask me if I have the problem we are talking about. Wow!

• Ri
                                Rich Yanick Jan 03, 2011

I have a chevy Colorodo as well. 2006 and it was under warranty when mine happened. First the left sensor was bad, then the right. They tried replacing only one. I say this b/c after further investigation, apparently when one goes you have to replace both b/c it throws the other sensor off. I do have a 2nd issue that is not covered. I just got my Truck back today. My heater only works on the highest setting. Another issue (check the web). Apparently they have a faulty wire harness that in some cases can catch the truck on fire. I had them save the harness and sure enough it is burnt on the end. No recall. I am trying to find out where to contact Gm to pressure them to pay for it. By the way I only have 39, 000 miles and the harness and resistor cost me 150.00.

General Motorsterrible company

Missing fuel filter. Ordered chevy van new in 2004, 2500 series. The vehicle now has 54236 miles and my service tech was going to install a new fuel filter, but said the factory never installed one at the factory. Now it, s out of warrenty. This vehicle must of been on the line either friday afternoon or eary monday morn. The dealer has replaced 4 flex plates and finally a rebuilt tranny, and now thats acting up. Gm just sent a mailer telling me to come in and buy a new van.

• I agree Generl Motors is terrible!!! My moms bought a new sunfire in 2003 she has had very few problems until it was out of warranty.1st the front oil seals needed replaced due it leaking oil all the driveway.2nd last week about 7000 miles later the timing chain went out the GENERAL MOTORS JUNK ( 2.2 ecotec) which had 56k on it destroyed the heads valves pistons and pushrods all n all the dealership said 2760.00 to fix it I called General Motors representive to see if they could help out on repairs they declined to help our rep said that there was not enough maintence done thru the dealership to show that it had been properly maintained and that it was out of warranty. I wished now they would not have gotten bailed out and I will be getting rid of all my GM products and buying only foreign made vehicles from now on no more american big 3

• Li
                                  liarliarpantsonfire2 Oct 14, 2009

Don't see a date for the post so I don't know how old it is...Maybe you have found out by now that the fuel filter isn't "missing". Most of GM's later vehicles, including yours, do not have an external fuel filter. The filter is inside the fuel tank and is not considered a maintenance item.

• Valerie Sep 24, 2008

I bought a new 2007 Silverado LT Crew Cab. The Truck costs $35500.00 This truck was equipped with Bridgestone All Terrain tires (16") 4ply. I have experienced a vibration since the day I bought the vehicle. The dealership Anderson Cheverolet in Waynesville, NC has tried repeatedly to fix the vibration and been unsuccessful. They now tell me that the vibration is within normal specs.

At 27000 miles the dealership said that the tires needed to be changed and they did this at the instruction of the factory rep in Atlanta, I later learned that the lying factory rep renigged on his promise to pay the dealership. Now, 14000 miles later, the tires are ruined again, the truck rides rougher and louder than ever and GM says tough luck you are out of your 36 mo. warranty.

I tried to tell them to put higher load range tires on the truck and this would solve the problem when they replaced the tires the first time ans they would not and now they refuse to help at all. Now I am using a Lemon Law attorney and intend to make GM Buy The Truck Back

So if you have a Chevy Crew cab make sure you make your dealership put load range D or E on your truck.

General Motorsvibration in wheels/tires while driving

I own a 2008 Chevrolet Impala LT that I purchased in Feb 2009 ever since I have had this car I have experience wheels/tires vibration while driving. It has been back to the shop at the dealer three times for alignment on tires. This last time I was told that 3 tires and rim are out of round and that I will need to purchase new tires and rim. My car is still under warranty and the dealer/Chevrolet should replaced them at no charge to me. I am very dissatisfied and would never purchase another car from this dealer or a Chev. Impala.

• I own a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix that I bougth 14 month ago from Bryner Chevrolet in Jenkintown Pennsylvania, find out that it is stange that this Dealership sold me this car without showed me the carfax during the deal process. I find out that this car becoming extremely dangerous to drive, the two hub bearing are getting very bad causing vibrations and bracking allmost impossible !! this car was repainted for sure, this was not on my expectation during the deal. I am a GM customer for over 8 years, I am a Bryner custumer over 8 years, this is my third car with them, I am extremely disatisfied with this Dealership, they do business with a loyal person same has buying a used car from " Jo Garage" ; Where is the Trust ?
                                    I ask you to please contact Bryner Chevrolet for a the Recall on my Pontiac and fixed the braking system.
                                    Thank you in advance, hopping hearing from you very soon.
                                    Meyer Yadan
                                    [protected]
                                    [email protected]

GMCovercharges

I am writing in regards to repairs done to my vehicle and the money I was overcharged for these repairs.

I bought my vehicle in Canada but the repairs were done in the USA, and that is why I am writing to both of you.

I bought my 1998 GMC Jimmy in Canada on July 13, 2007 for $9000.00.

After driving it for some time there was found several things wrong with it. Wipers won’t start sometimes unless you physically pull on wipers to start them. Back window leaks going through car wash. Dome light stays on unless you use the Dome Override button. When you shut engine off radio stays on until you open door, this only works sometimes. Floor on front passenger side is wet because leak some where, still looking for. The warranty was only good for 1 month and so I am trying to live with these problems. This was very disappointing.

I had $912.26 worth of maintenance done to the vehicle on Aug 30, 2007 at the start of my vacation.

Middle of September I went to put the vehicle in 4HI but it would not go in and it never did after that, although it would go in 4LO. I did not need 4 X 4, so I was going to get it fixed after my vacation.

During my vacation if I was driving at highway speed there would be a whining noise and it felt as if something was trying to engage in the 4 wheel drive system. I would have to pull over to the side of the road and something would disengage and the noise would stop. Then I would continue on my way.

This condition started out to be once per week and increased to almost continual, and so I stopped at the nearest GMC dealer for repairs, which was the ANCIRA dealer in BOERNE, Texas. On Friday Oct 12, 2007, at noon. Near the end of the day I was told it probably needed a new 4X4 motor which engages the 4X4, it would cost about $450.00, and the front differential seals were leaking. It was Friday and the vehicle would not be ready until Monday. I told them to go ahead and fix it. So I found a place to stay for the weekend.

On Monday, October 15, 2007, after lunch I got a call from the dealer. I was told that they were still working on the diagnostics, they were talking to GMC technicians, this was not a regular problem ( which seemed strange ), that I would need a control module, and a 4X4 motor, and it would cost about $1100.00. I gave the OK to go ahead with the repairs. After the call my wife mentioned that the diagnosis seemed to be taking quite awhile.

On Tuesday, October 16, 2007, around 10:00 am I got a call from the dealer. I was told the control module was changed, that I would need a new encoder motor, which was now $750.00 instead of the $450.00, a new vacuum switch, and new seals for the front differential. I was told this would now be $2100.00. I was very upset, but I was on vacation, had to have it fixed, and the dealer was not any help in fixing the problem of the high price for the repairs. So I picked up the vehicle at the end of the day, paid $1996.91 for the repairs and the dealer was still no help with the high cost.

I finished my vacation and am now writing to you as I am very unhappy and disappointed with the way the problem was fixed and the over charge of the repairs. What I am upset about is the following:

- I paid $9100.00 for the vehicle, plus $912.26 in maintenance = $10012.26. Then I was charged $1996.91, or 20% more. This is unacceptable.

- The diagnostics took too long. Friday afternoon and Monday still doing diagnostics, way too long, and I should not be paying for extra time to diagnose a problem.

- Price for 4X4 motor went from $450.00 to $750.00, Was overcharged or price is covering other time or costs.

- I was told this was not a regular problem, and that they were talking to other GMC technicians. Seems like the dealer was not fully qualified to fix the problem, and I should not be overcharged for this either.

I have been a loyal GMC owner for most of the 31 years that I have owned and driven a vehicle, and hope to continue this tradition, with your assistance in correcting this problem.

To fix this problem I should be reimbursed $900.00 that I was overcharged from the original estimate, and that I feel was in excess of the proper time and repair of the vehicle.

• Co
                                      corythecrow Aug 05, 2009

And you wonder why they are on the verge of bankruptcy. If treat all people this way (over charging them) there is no way they are bankrupt.

General Motors Canadaterrible service

I bought my pontiac vibe back in 2005. Since then, there were little problems here and there. Before the lease ended, the windshield was leaking during rainy days so I took it to the fix.

During the lease, they provided a courtesy car and the moment we took it there, they immediately called us the day after.

After the lease ended, there was no courtesy car. Worst of all, the problem of the transmission came up. First was the engine lights, it comes on whenever we drove to surrey & coquitlam. We took it there 3 times and they still couldn't find a problem with it. On top of that, they charged us $150 for resetting the lights!!! Crazy! Anyhow, now we took it there for the 4th time and they said to order a transmission. It sucks because there are no courtesy car, and COME ON! GETTING THE PARTS TO CANADA FROM US TAKES A WEEK?! A WEEK IS FOR INTERNATIONAL, NOT DOMESTIC! I've been waiting for my car for 9 days and no phone calls up to this point. I've called them and left a message. But they didn't even bother to call back!

GM US has been bankrupt, GM Canada might as well! With this poor service and expensive cars!

• Ar
                                        Armand Oct 07, 2010

In June 2009 I had to replace the rack and pinion steering on my 2006 Silverado weith only 50, 627 miles on it. GM would not do the work under warranty...cost $1, 290.23. Today I took the vehicle back to the dealer...leaking steering fluid. I have to replace the rack and pinion again, with only 70, 000 miles. The truck is never off-road and used in the city/normal highway driving. Again, GM won't honor the work they did last year. Apparently warranty on parts is only 1 year.

• Ca
                                        Carol A Knudsen Jul 31, 2009

We bought a new 2005 Buick LeSabre in Vernon BC. S ince the spring of 2006 we have replaced 3 times the Intermediate Shaft and once for the Power steering rack and it still clunked in the front end.Would this be classed as a LEMON?When we traded the Buick LeSabre to replace with 2009 Buick Lucerne was when the noise disapeared along with a large amount of money.When we traded it only had 57, 000 KM, if there hadn't been any problems we would never had traded for $14, 000 and paid $28, 000 difference.We feel it should have been offered a buyback considering the car was a lemon from day one.The only reason we bought another car from the dealer was that we wouldn't be able to deal with another company as they would also hear the clunking.When we made the trade and waiting for the paper work to go through my husband was speaking with the service manager and he told my husband that sometimes these problems can't be fixed. Do you feel that we have a chance to be reimbursed, possibly $14, 000 for our trade? thank you Carol Knudsen

• Le
                                        LeoF Jul 12, 2009

the vibe is a toyota matrix so i guess even toyota has problems too...it is assembled at NUMMI in california which toyota mught shut down...one biggest plants in north america...i just sold a 2005 sunfire and car ran great...i love my new G5

General Motors — 2005 cavalier timing chain broke

To Who it May Concern, I am writing this complaint because I have no car now. My car has been in the...