General Motors / 2012 gmc terrain slt - radio/camera/ac screen went out

1 Rockwall, TX, United States

My radio has been turning on/off intermittently for approx 6 months. I took it into my local GM dealership (Heritage GMC, Rockwall, TX) on 11/2/16. I was told by the service department that there have been problems with the Arcadia and Terrain radios and they would try to do some type of software upgrade. I paid $115 picked the car up and the very next morning it did the same in/out. Now for the past 2 weeks my there is NO radio my screen is black I cant see ac controls anything. I have read all over the internet and various blogs that this has become a big problem. The dealer informs me that it will be approximately $1300 to replace my radio. This is a lot to ask for on a car that is 4 years old. I'm still making car payments on this car.

We are a GM family we only buy GM vehicles and my Dad is a retired GM employee. We have never had a radio go out in any of our vehicles and this is over 50 years of buying GM. Im writing to you to ask is there any relief from GM on this product? The radio problem seems to be a problem nationwide on these vehicles.

Thank you.