GE Money Bank / mishandled- account, customer service, wrongful finance charges

United States Review updated:
I am in the same situation as many of the people that have complained.
I purchased a Select Comfort bed along with some accessories in July 2006 which was financed through GE Money Bank. The bed was supposed to be delivered within two weeks and the rest of the merchandise was taken from the store the same day. Following a week after the purchase, I was notified by my unit that I was going to deploy in the beginning of August 2006 so I called Select Comfort and cancelled the bed delivery along with my account and asked how to return the merchandise I already had. Select Comfort sent me free shipment labels and informed me that they accredited back the Bed purchase and no delivery fees where posted to my GE Money account and once they received the rest of the merchandise, my GE Money account balance would be zero. Select Comfort received the remaining merchandise during the month of August 2006. I deployed on the same month and returned on October 2007. I started receiving calls from GE Money bank telling me I owe them $500.00 dollars. When I informed them that my account had been cancelled in August 2006 and that all merchandise purchased from Select Comfort had been returned on that same month, they told me I actually only owed $300.00 but they couldn't exactly tell me why I was being charged that amount. I disputed the charges and refused to pay until they made an investigation. I also called Select Comfort to verify that they had received the returned merchandise. Select Comfort was able to confirm receiving their merchandise and assured me that I had no outstanding balance with them. When I told them that GE Money bank was trying to charge me $300.00, Select Comfort sent them the information. Since I do not owe GE Money Bank anything, I have refused to pay them. The late fees have been adding on and on as time passes by. Now Encore has been involved and I am being harassed on a daily basis from 6 in the morning to midnight. I don't know what else to do...

In addition, GE Money Bank's customer service is the worst. Their employees do not speak english. I can never understand them. They do not care and are never helpful and extremely incompetent. When asked a question they always transfer you to another person who does not speak english as well and your problem never gets resolved. It's a never ending cycle and in the meantime, late charges keep getting added on to your account every month. I have asked to get a mailed bill to see what they are charging me for since November of 2007. It is now April 2008 and my issue has not been resolved and no bill has been sent to me justifying their charges.

Comments

Ka
  9th of Apr, 2008
WOW! Wish I had known all this prior to taking out a Care Credit account.

I called to ask about a finance charge on my account, was suppose to be no interest for a year. I was first told I should learn to read my statements and it was the providers fault. I wasn't given a chance to get a word in edge wise. I was then told by the rep she didn't even have help me, she was there only for information.
I then got a supervisor and she was as rude as the first girl. The supervisor also told me she didn't have to talk to me or help. I was told to pay the finance charge or call the provider. When I told her I was going to close my account she said "that GE/Care Credit didn't care one way or the other" . Actually, they both told me that.

The 2nd supervisor was nicer and listened. However, I didn't get any further. I was given the El Paso address to send my complaint.

Never again... I am notifying my providers of the problems, maybe they'll stop using them. I'm also paying my account in full.

GE Money Bank Logo GE Money Bank