Having problems with GE Money Bank?

+1 617 443 3000 (Head Office)
+1 800 435 4448 (GE Lighting)
+1 518 385 2211 (GE Power)
+1 215 355 3300 (GE Power, Water)
+1 281 448 4410 (GE Power, Oil and Gas)
+1 678 844 6000 (GE Power, Energy Management)
+1 860 747 7111 (GE Power, Industrial Solutions)
+1 262 544 3011 (GE Healthcare)
+1 877 207 0923 (Small Appliances / Housewares)
+1 877 394 9775 (Telephones)
+1 800 654 8483 (Consumer Electronic Accessories)
+1 800 730 6597 (Cameras)
+1 888 575 8226 (Home Generators)
+1 800 800 4857 (Verification Of Employment)
3135 Easton Turnpike
Fairfield, Connecticut

Complaints & Reviews

Decreased Credit Line w/ Good Credit History

I first went to use my Paypal account to find the line of credit was decreased although I have a terrific payment history with Paypal often paying the balance to $0. I then began to receive letters in the mail for GE Money Bank stating they had decrease my PayPal account later letters followed regarding The Gap, Old Navy which have all been paid in full since Aug. 2008 & I soon expect PC Richard now that I see GE finances for this company also. The sad thing is they are hurting my credit score. I have paid them in full and I have not been late. Yet they have decrease my credit lines by more than half. There should be a policy against this. It's not fair that I don't owe them anything and I have responsibly paid my balance yet I am being punished for being a great credit card client. I guess it's due to this economy.

• Ki
    Kirsten Talbot Nov 17, 2008

This same exact thing has been happening to me. I have had a Paypal credit card for 3 years, always pay my payment before it is due and always pay triple or more than my payment requires. I have never been late on any of my payments, ever. I have excellent credit, always have. I recently paid off my Paypal credit card and then 1 month later I paid off my Old Navy credit card, from a balance of 3000.00 to 0.00. Just last week I received a letter from GE Money Bank stating that due to negative things in my credit score they were reducing my line of credit from 4, 000.00 down to 1, 600.00. What?! I have been an outstanding customer, responsible and always paid my bill early, and I have NOTHING negative on my credit report, NOTHING! I check my credit every 3-4 months, to be on the safe side and I just checked it 6-8 weeks ago and it is perfect. I went out of my way to pay these 2 GE Money Bank cards off because of the high interest rates, and because of them lowering my credit line and hurting my credit score unnecessarily. This is outrageous, why punish the people who are in good standing for no reason. It should be illegal to damage a persons credit score without due cause. I can guarantee that I will never, ever use a credit card from GE Money Bank EVER AGAIN!

Laurie Nov 17, 2008

File complaints with the Federal Trade Commission
    GEMB needs to be investigated for their consistent violations of Federal Lending Laws

• Je
    Jeff Dec 01, 2008

I just had the same thing happen to me. This is ridiculous. I never use the stupid $500 (now $100) credit line, and have over $100, 000 in available (unused) credit card credit. It is such a joke that this silly company can kill my credit rating. Never, ever, ever again will I patronize GE financial affiliated companies in my professional or personal business. I hope they choke on their own falling stock price.

• Ri
    Rick Jan 02, 2009

I was wanting to keep my credit score "high" so in the next year I would buy a house. I have a good high score now, ok, so I thought I would buy a new TV from Video Only and put half on credit to keep things going, because they were offering 24 months at no interest. I usually pay cash and I can of course, but you know you need to keep things on credit to get credit and keep credit. GE turned me down for $900.00 and of course the salesman asked if I had another form of payment which I do "CASH". Sitting here at the computer and researching I found this site with the info about "GE". I almost fell out of my chair, as I read the other postings realizing that if I would have gotten the "GE" credit for the "TV" for $900.00, I would end up with worse credit that I started with. At first I thought "GE" was tied to Citibank which so many companies are, and figured they are still pissed of because I beat them in court when they tried to cheat me on their credit card. So let be a lesson to all "research the company you intend to do business with" each and every time...before you sign anything.

• Co
    colleen owens Jan 27, 2009

they should be sued for ruining our credit scores this is not fair they should not be able to do this to us they keep checking our credit scores and every time they do this it brings our credit scores down i hope they all lose there jobs they are so rude and you can't understand them ge money bank sucks

• Am
    amongeon74 Mar 31, 2009

I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau and today, the Federal Trade Commission by the suggestion of the comment on here. I received a response from the BBB complaint that was very generic, which is expected from any company. They state in their response that is policy and when you sign the contract with GEMB, they have the right to review your credit any anytime.

I am finding this extremely difficult to believe. No company should be able to pull your credit anytime they way.

I called GEMB over a month ago requesting that they send me the information that states they are allowed to review credit at anytime. I spoke with supervisors, and then their supervisors requesting this information and I have not seen one bit of it.

If GEMB cannot back up their policies with contracts or paperwork, they should face serious legal action. I believe all consumers are entitled to at least $1, 000.00 when a company pulls their credit unlawfully. I read that somewhere but I am not sure if it's 100% true.

I have been trying to puchase a home and with this, I need to keep my available credit open and my credit score up. GEMB lowered my limits on three of my cards so far, even two that have been paid off. After I do purchase my home, I WILL be closing ALL three of the GEMB accounts.

Which is worse for GEMB, lowering credit limits on customers, or losing them all together???

• Ra
    Racer X USA Oct 28, 2010

Same here..paypal paid on time with credit limit of 1100.00 reduced to 400 without notice and then they tell you they sent a notice in the mail. yah right, i pay online always and paperless with most of my accts. I had a Funancing/KTM GEMB accounts in good standing, paid off and they pulled that crap without me knowing and my address was the same /corret on file and paid online. They should notify by email i stated also of changes since we live in the modern communication world. We need to write letters as I have to FTC, FDIC and GE Money but only with threatening and pursuing a class actions suit. How come with all these sompaints on here and other sites for many years i dont see a lawsuit like with so many big bank/credit card companies? I look forward to a response and any information. Rob

illegal credit practices

this company has decided to close an account of mine that was paid in full. also has lowered my credit linit...

over billing on credit card

Had a sleep number bed delivered for a 30 day trial. I did not activate the GE Money credit card and returned the bed to Sleep Number corp. before the end of the trial period. It cost me $ 689. 44 to. pay for shipping back to Sleep number corp. GE Money Bank continues to send me bills for interest on the trial period for the bed. I am very unhappy with the type of service I have received from GE Money bank and The sleep Number Corp. The practices that Money Bank carries out with its customers and others needs to be evaluated by the authorities. Dr. Robert Coover

Discount Tire company

I needed tires and qualified for a $500credit limit, which when all was said and done, it reached 40 dollars over. These people would not raise my credit limit so I would not be over and in addition took the money out of my account before the date promised. That led to overdraft fees and more fees from the GE Company. The fees have doubled since obtaining this loan, they exceeded from $540 to $934.77 this is due to there fees, and greed. Discount Tire Company should be ashamed of taking advantage of people and using this corrupt financing company. They are taking advantage of people in this crisis and have no morals. I believe people need to unite and prosecute this company. DO NOT OBTAIN ANY CREDIT CARDS FROM GE MONEY BANK!

Laurie Nov 11, 2008

File complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision.

GEMB will completely ignore you - THEY CANNOT IGNORE THE COMPLAINT from the Office of Thrift Supervision.

Although still withholding some pertinent information from me about unknown charges, I have almost got my own issue resolved in my favor.
    Account removed from collections
    Removal of negative credit report postings
    Removal of all late fees and interest!

They still claim I bought a gift card online - but refuse to tell me who it was sent to. OTS is following up to make sure I get the information and GEMB does not start adding late fees and interest again.

Resolution within 45 days!

over charged

i bought a bed 2 years ago and the price of bed went down 3oo hundred dollars i have payed for 2years 60...

credit limit reduction

I have been a customer of Lowes for approximately 2 years and JC Penney's for approximately 5 years. I...

Dealing with GE MoneyBank/CareCredit & Other aliases

Dealing with GE MoneyBank, GE Money, GEMB, GE Finance, CareCredit, JC Penny, KwikComfort, Sam's Club, Toro, other aliases.

Determine how much you actually owe them (less and "fees", unjustified "late charges" or other ### they may tack on), pay them off and be done with it.

You're not dealing with honest people here; therefore you MUST protect your self. And the way to protect yourself is with proof...DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!!!

Get a cashier's check from your bank. Write your account number and PAID IN FULL in the memo area of the check. Take the check to the post office and mail it with a RETURN RECEIPT REQUEST.

Make a copy of and/or save:

1. The check receipt from the bank.

2. The post office return receipt request.

3. Bills/invoices.

4. Canceled checks you already sent.

5. Any correspondence.

6. Log of your phone calls (date, time, whom you spoke with, what was discussed,
whether or not he/she was rude, whether or not he/she spoke comprehendible English,
how long you waited to speak with someone, whether you disconnected/hung-up on,
how many time you had to repeat/punch-in your customer number, etc.)

7. Record all telephone conversations. BY LAW, YOU MUST TELL THEM THE
CONVERSATION IS BEING RECORDED!

Keep all documentation for seven years.

If/when they give you any flak, tell them to go right ahead and take you to small claims court; they will lose.

Have a good night's sleep.

Laurie Oct 29, 2008

GEMB VIOLATES THESE FEDERAL LAWS

FAIR CREDIT BILLING ACT
    ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER ACT
    FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT.

If you are having a problem with GEMB - they are probably related to these FEDERAL LAWS for more information go to www.ftc.gov

File formal complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision. Otherwise they will never address and correct the PROBLEMS THEY THEMSELVES are making to your accounts and Credit Ratings.

FYI - as for the recording of calls - Check YOUR STATE LAWS!
    Not all states require that you inform the other party on the call that the call is being recorded. But you have to check - DO NOT ASSUME!

• Be
    bewitch Feb 28, 2009

well for who ever reads this the whole write pay in full doenst work when they cash that it not binding a company to anyting written in the memo section the only time a py off is legal is if u get a letter from the company stating what they agreed the pay off is then u send them the money then u get a letter stating pay in full. just writting pay in full on the check will not hold up in the law the courts know that a machine cashes the check and doesnt read the memo so if u want to try it thats fine but it will not work.

crooked system

I got suckered by Lenscrafters into using ge moneybank. Ge money bank is as crooked as they can be. I started with a $327. charge made payments for a year and now owe $358. I recieved bill in mail last week, same day I get a phone call from ge moneybank from India stating I am behind in payments and am being charged $29. late fee. The only way I can stop late fee is to make a payment over the phone with my credit card. I never give my credit card out to someone I do not know and did not call. They continue to call me 3 to 4 times a day. The big problem is that they dont speak intelligable english and dont understand english. I have not been late on any payment and have 8 credit cards with a total balance of under $3000. I am not sure what I am going to do with this problem but would not advise any one to ever have anything to do with GE. They are in financial trouble already by there unsrupulous operations. Gene

Laurie Oct 27, 2008

GE MONEY BANK VIOLATES THE FAIR CREDIT BILLING ACT REGULARLY

GEMB will not correct their mistakes unless you get the government involved.

Rude Employees

After purchasing furniture from Karls Furniture and Appliance of North Platte, I received a harassing telephone call from GE Money Bank as my payment was late. I did not mind the reminder telephone call, what I did mind was the rude comments by their employee, who told me not to hang up the phone, in a very demanding manner. When I told him that he had reached me at my clinic and that patients were waiting to visit with me, and that I could not have this conversation right now, he continued to DEMAND that I not disconnect the call. I immediately disconnected the call and then, after work, began to call GE Money Bank to request an apology for this rude behavior, only to find numerous other rude GE Money Bank employees, including supervisors. I personally would advise that consumers proceed with great caution before engaging in any business transactions with this bank. Additionally, numerous calls will be routed to India, where the language barrier makes for an even worse business relationship.

Laurie Oct 20, 2008

File formal complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and the Office of Thrift Supervision

GE Money rips off its customers and if you do not complain, they will continue to get away with it

Laurie Oct 29, 2008

GEMB abuses its good customers regularly. Its terrible.

• Ge
    ge_stinks Jun 15, 2009

GE Money is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with. The customer service people are, as a rule, incredibly rude and condescending right off the bat, with no provocation. The finance plans are designed so as to confuse the customers and trap them into paying GE's exorbitant interest rates. Stay away from this company. It is nothing but bad news.

Illegal charged fees for service I did not enroll in

I took out a loan for a motorcycle for low interest rate. Missed one payment and interest was raised to 26.99%! Paid off the loan with another loan that was lower interest rate. During this time I noticed that GE had been charging my account $99 a month for Debt Security. I did not notice this on my statements (my fault) as I paid online each month. When I called to question them about it, I was given the run-around and transferred to three different departments. They stated they could prove I enrolled as they had my signature. Funny how my copy of the contract shows this line BLANK! I emailed, faxed, sent letter showing this as proof that they illegal charged my account and requested a refund for $1, 700. Needless to say, they are ignoring my requests for a refund. I am now forced to retain an attorney to settle this.

Had I known that GE Money was the bank I would not have done business with them. This company is notorious for unethical business practices. The customer service reps are rude, but that's company training. Their business ethics leave little to be desired. Unfortunately, GE MOney preys on those individuals that might not be able to get a loan from a more reputable company with better business ethics and customer service!

I will keep you posted via this website on outcome of this situation.

• Ro
    robodoc9301 Jun 15, 2009

This company is a big rip off if you can avoid doing business with GE Funancing it would be in your best "interest!" Take it from a sucker who never missed a payment and my bike balance is exactly what I paid for the bike three years ago. If this happened anywhere else it would be a crime.

Stealing money company

If anyone is going forth with a class action suit against GE Money I'd be interested. There was an illegal charge against our account. We contacted Frauds and Disputes. We've e-mailed, faxed, called and written. NO ONE returns our calls. We want to get this settled, but we can't get a response. We continue to get billed (including late charges) during this "investigation". I'm ready to call in the Media. Their business is disorganized, if not unethical. I've faxed the president, the person in charge of media, the Dispute Department and the Fraud Department repeatedly to no avail. Any other suggestions out there???

• Ba
    bajaskier Oct 15, 2008

These are legal precedents already used by another victim.

To Whom It May Concern:

The purpose of this letter is to file a formal notification of complaint alleging numerous violations of the Consumer Credit Protection Act (15 U.S.C. 1601) on the part of CareCredit, in that CareCredit, aka GE Capital Cons Cardco aka GE Capital Consumer Card Company. GE Capital Consumer Card Co. is a ""creditor"" by definition of 15 U.S.C. 1601-§103-f (Consumer Credit Protection Act) and therefore falls under the federal jurisdiction of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). GE Capital Consumer Card Co. has knowingly and illegally: - made a promotional offer of ""interest-free"" or ""deferred interest"" which, by its actions as enumerated below, it had or has no intentions of fulfilling, said offer falling within the definition of Section 226.2 of CCPA.

- levied late fees and finance charges when payments were actually received - and deducted from my bank account - PRIOR to the due date, - charged illegal and exorbitant ""account security"" fees without any form of legal disclosure or explanation as to what those charges may be, constituting a ""surcharge"" under sections 103 and section 167 of the Consumer Credit Protection Act (15 U.S.C. 1601), hereinafter referred to as CCPA. - has instituted retroactive ""terms and conditions"" without proper notification, in violation of § 226.7 of the CCPA. - has provided such ""terms and conditions"" in a format that appears to be a third- or fourth-generation unreadable photocopy consisting of print so small and faded as to be illegible, in violation of § 226.5.

- has made it virtually impossible for customers (clients) to contact them in a timely manner by failing and/or refusing to answer telephone calls for periods of up to 7.5 hours (by placing the customer on hold for such lengths of time) and by failing and/or refusing to provide any means on its web site of contacting CareCredit by email or any other means than an unanswered telephone line. - has acted to quash any meaningful payment inquiries by refusing to provide requested information to the bank upon which payments were drawn, in addition to failing to provide telephone-answering staff as alleged above. DETAILS: Application for the above-referenced account was made under a ""promotional offer"" (Exhibit A - promotional offer), which provided for no interest if the account was paid in full within 48 months.

This agreement was for the issuance of a ""medical credit card"" issued by GE Capital Consumer Card Co, 5300 Kings Island Drive, Mason, OH 45050, to cover dental (oral surgery) expenses in excess of that which were to be paid by the payee's dental insurance. The debt agreed upon was to be $1, 500.00. The first payment was due September 4, 2004 (Exhibit B - statement of payment due).

Payment was received via electronic funds transfer on September 2, 3004 and was deducted from the payee's bank account prior to 2 pm the following business day, September 3, 2004 (Exhibit C - email from USBank, formerly and aka Firstar Bank). The minimum payment on the above account is $45 per month. The defendant states that ""payment is due by 5 pm on the due date"" to ""avoid additional finance charges."" Payment was received and cleared well before that time.

Electronic funds transfer payments through USBank is guaranteed to arrive on the date specificied. This form of payment was chosen specifically to ensure timely receipt of payment, since US Postal Service delivery to and from payee's address is often very unreliable. In four years, I have had no problem with electronic funds transfers reaching their destination late.

The payee then received on Sept. 13, 2004 a ""late notice"" (which bore no postmark and was, in fact, bulk mailed - Exhibits D-1 and D-2 - envelope and late payment notice) claiming that no payment had been received, when in fact, it had. In addition, the payee was informed that a late fee of $35.00 and an ""account security fee"" of $23.25 had been charged additionally. In a document received Sept. 13, 2004, after the contract was entered into, labelled ""Account Security Debt Cancellation Agreement"" (Exhibit E), there is no mention whatsoever of any ""account security fee"".

Payee contends that this ""account security fee"" constitutes a hidden and therefore unlawful interest or finance charge, in violation of federal law. On that date, Sept. 13, 2004, payee attempted to call the phone number provided (1-800-333-1071) and was informed by a voice recording that ""due to a high volume of calls"" there would be ""a lengthy wait time"". Payee kept the line open and was on hold for 3 hours 47 minutes before finally giving up, unable to speak to single human being during that time.

Additionally, the payee contacted the bank (Exhibit F - email) to notify them of the allegation by GE Capital Cons Cardo that no payment had been received, even though existing bank records clearly documented otherwise. USBank aka Firstar Bank responded to the payee on Sept. 14. 2004 (Exhibit G - email) that it was investigating the matter, then followed up with another communication - also Sept. 14, 2004 (Exhibit H - email) that ""GE Capital Cons Cardco will not discuss customer accounts with third parties"" and suggested that the payee call 1-800-333-1071 - the same phone number which GE Capital Cons Cardo will not answer.

An additional payment of $55.00 was made by the payee and received September 17, 2004 and deducted from the payee's bank account on Sept. 18, 2004 for the payment of $45.00 due October 4, 2004. No statement was received for a November payment, due Nov. 4, 2004; however electronic payment was made and received Sept. 29, 2004 in the amount of $100.00 (Exhibit I - details of USBank transaction printout), even though the payment due was $45.00. For the December payment, due Dec. 4, 2004, an electronic funds transfer in the amount of $100.00 was scheduled to be received Nov. 18, 2004, though the amount due was $45.00.

On November 12, 2004, payee received a statement from GE Capital Cons Cardco (Exhibit G - statement) claiming no payment was received for October and that a late fee of $35.00 had been assessed, as well as a ""finance charge"" of $106.64 and an ""account security fee"" of $22.38. The payee was also informed that the ""promotional offer"" had expired on an unstated expiration date, in violation of the agreement made and the promotional offer (Exhibit A). Also on November 12, 2004, the payee again attempted to call both toll-free numbers provided and was informed by a recorded message that ""due to a large volume of calls"" there would be a ""long wait time."" After 2 hours and 17 minutes, the payee again gave up, and on November 13, 2004, sent this document with a certified letter to the defendant.

In summary, payee has so far paid $400 on a $1, 500.00 debt and is informed the balance is $1, 563.13. All payments have been made and received before the due date. The payee asks for full restitution of the unlawful and exorbitant fees in the amount of $463.13 charged by GE Capital Cons Cardco, as well as all attorney fees and costs pursuant to this matter, and for full reinstatement of the ""promotional offer"" terms which were, and are, part and parcel of the agreement between the payee and GE Capital Cons Cardco.

The payee hereby notifies you, under the requirements of the Consumer Credit Protection Act. [15 U.S.C. 1601], that the aforesaid charges of $463.13 are contested for the reasons outlined above and that no such charges will be paid in the future. Payments will be made to repay the original amount of $1500, as contracted, in the time length necessary to avoid interest fees, per your ""promotional offer."" It is my intent to file legal action - as a class action suit if possible - and to seek full restitution and double damages as provided for in the Consumer Credit Protection Act

Laurie Oct 16, 2008

I too am having problems with GE Money and my JC Penney Credit card account. Unknown charges and unauthorized address change that resulted in a 0 balance account being SOLD as JUNK DEBT to a collection agency.
    I sent a certified mail return receipt requested to GE Money as to what the charges are for, why my address was changed without my knowledge or consent and why I received NO COLLECTION CALLS from GE Money in the 8 months before it was sold
    The response was CONTACT THE COLLECTION AGENCY.

I have filed formal complaints with
    Federal Trade Commission
    US Postal Inspector
    Office of Thirft Supervision
    TX State Attorney General

I have also been sending emails to NETWORK NEWS programs requesting that they also investigate the illegal practices of GE Money. Specifically citing thousands of the same complaints WORLDWIDE on Internet complaint boards.

• Ri
    Richard Mattison, MD Nov 06, 2008

This surgical office has been offering GE Money Bank DBA "Care Credit" for a year. The rates are high, but med/surg lending is risky. GE offers an electronic input device, and also offers internet verification of their "care credit cards issued to their "clients" for stated amounts for medical services. No contract has been signed with GE Money.

In May 2008 a couple arrives with Care Credit cards (2) made out to the same name as the cardholders provided to our office. He scheduled cosmetic surgery for $5010 and she scheduled a similar cosmetic surgery for$5500 and skin care and dermatologicals for $450 and $284. The card numbers were transmitted to GE Money by internet. The cards were returned to the "patient." GE Money paid $5500 and $450 by electronic transfer to surgery Bank FH. They never made a payment for the services billed to card #1 for $5010.
    A month later June 2008 our surgery office receives a "Fraud alert" claiming that the Care-Credit card was stolen from an unknown client and that all GE money fees will be extracted from surgery center FH bank. This is a lie. The Care-credit cards were made to the same names of the patients who received the surgical service. Response to GE Money merchant service denies that we ever has a Care credit card and this omission allows GE Money to extract the above sums because we did not stripe the Care Credit card. Concidentally in June 2008 the FH bank was sold and the surgery bank accocunt was moved to another bank. GE Money then attached another physician's bank BOA, who operates out of the same address, who happened to have had an account with GE Money, but had nothing to do with the surgery an electronic debit of $5010. As GE Money is regulated by Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS-Department of the Treasury), Washington DC a registered complaint was made. On November 5, 2008 GE Money sends another "fraud alert" stating that they have again debited the surgery merchant account for another $5500. The same day the OTS writes that they no juristiction over these matters.

• Ex
    exjob Apr 03, 2009

FYI, I used to work at GE Capital in Charlotte NC handling the "Lowes Home Improvement" collections accounts. (1990-2000) At that time we were empowered to make common sense decisions and deleted incorrect charges . We also would routinely delete small balances that looked like interest charges or late payments that would just be a cross in the mail and be a day late etc. One day they informed us they sent all the jobs to India and we lost our jobs. (the movement overseas had begun 5-6 years before that but we lasted longer than most) anyway you are speaking with Indias finest and they have no common sense, also GE Capital lost its soul, I would not recommend anyone to do business with them, Look carefully at all credit aps and cards because GE Capital is the worlds largest private label card issuer and also has Monogram Bank and several other aliases. Watch out for Lowes Home Depot Filenes basement, Snapper Tool, the list goes on and on

• Dn
    dnd702 Sep 02, 2009

Write your complaint to the Office of Thrift Supervision
    G Street
    Washington DC
    I think is is 1700 G St.

Awful everything

I was going to write them a letter but I think that this will have more impact on the company if I post a report. The web site of this company is not user oriented. It dos not allow to make more than one payment at a time. Yes I really say payment. You want to pay and you cannot do it??? On their web it is said you can cancel a pending payment and you cannot do it. This web site is not at all user oriented and has a lot of legal breaches. But I am not here to sue this company, as I have also invested some money in GE financial. I am here to report bad business practices hoping that it will be corrected in the future.

When I called the customer service I received poor service that I felt I should bring to your attention. Trying to explain my concerns to a supervisor, she got mad and just hangs p on me. Unacceptable! So if somebody from GE is reading this report, please go to my file (Has normally this call was monitored) and listen to it. Then take the appropriate actions that nobody receives this treatment again.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

• Ev
    evilgenius007 Mar 16, 2009

They are unbelievable. You touched on the major points, but they pyramid your late fees and violate all kinds of UDAP and associated credit laws. Beware folks.

Ripoff Artists

Paying off credit loan for dental work. Made payments on regular basis. Started to make early payments with amounts 4 times the minimum due amount. GE Money started charging me late fees because the payments did not come in during the "window" they say payments have to be made.

I was told, "even if you make payments early, if you don't send in a payment in the current billing cycle, you will be charged a late fee." "It will only be credited to your balance, not that you are ahead of your payment." "The system can't function that way, and it automatically charges late fees if they don't come in on the billing cycle..." no matter how much you have given them toward the outstanding balance...

Therefore, don't send in anything early. Just make the regular payments like the schmucks we are, and GE will have to wait longer for their Money.

Its no wonder all of the Corrupt Banks in this Country needed bailing out this year. They don't know how to manage money any more, they give it to the wrong folks who won't pay it back and penalize the good ones who are paying it back !!!

Go figure...

Practices

My parents have had a Dillard's cc since 1982 and have always paid on time in full. In August, my mother...

incorrect info/statements

We purchased a ranger from berts mega mall in december of last year. Never received anything until a repo person came to our house banging on our door. After speaking to several people and being told we have nothing on file for you, I finally reached someone who was able to find the account. Our address was completely wrong but ge had a copy of my husbands cdl and they sent someone to our home to repo the item. After hours and hours and days and days of calling I was told the account would start all over and the account reaged and the credit bureau corrected. Since then I am still having problems with statements, I was authorized by my husband to speak on behalf of the account and thats not there, the credit bureaus for my husband are not corrected, ive tryed to make a payments over the phone and was denied, I get phone calls stating we are 3 months behind and thats "#, and last your website is down alot. Today is oct 3, 2008 and this is going to be my last time I contact your company to fix these problems. I am going to hire an attorney and handle it that way if I cant get any cooperation from you. I am a city police dept employee and I do not have the time to sit on the phone constantly dealing with your mistakes. If you want to handle this problem then the acct # is [protected]. Sincerely mrs. Marlowe

GE Money Credit Card Payment

I used my GE Money Credit Card for some purchase. Without fail we use to regularly pay their installments. On 9th January’2007 I planned full and final settlement for my GE Money Credit Card Payment. I prepared a cheque dated 9th January ‘2007 for the full & final payment and dropped in their drop box. T heir payment date was 17th January’2007. I put the cheque 8 days before their scheduled time. To my surprise they deposited the cheque in their account on 18th January’2007. One of their customer support executive called me and asked me for late payment fee of Rs. 350/-. We denied to pay the late fee because we paid all their dues much before their date. Till one year they were silent. On 26th September’2008, we received a legal notice from their Advocate stating that there is a balance of Rs. 3900/- which we need to pay within 3 days along with Rs. 1000/- as their legal notice charge to the advocate. I found from my experience, that it’s a clear cut case of cheating by GE Money, Hyderabad, India and harassment to the innocent customers. Please beware of such companies like GE Money and their product viz. GE Credit Card.

• Ka
    Karen Secrest Nov 06, 2008

I have a credit balance through Care Credit opened to pay for my son's dental bills. I was lied to by a representative in their "cycling Dept?" who said he would change my payment due date after I paid a late balance I did not owe. I had paid my bill monthly often paying more than the minimum balance because I wanted to pay off this loan. When I called him back to verify that my payment was made, I was put on hold for 1and 1/2 hours and then told that they never change due dates. Unfortunately I did not get the man's name. There is no direct phone number to this department. In the past i've been charged late fees because I sent in the payment one day before they told me I could pay it.

Terrible experience

Ge money Called me up to 10 times a day even after they said the problem was resolved they didn't speak any english... wouldn't answer my questions, accused ME of lieing. Where so rude, this problem kept on going for MONTHS. 5 late fees and services chargers later i FINALLY think i got it taken care of... they hurt my credit, stole my money, hurt my feelings, straight up *** holes. i will never use GE MONEY FOR ANYTHING... don't apply for chevron card!!! They also gave information to my husband WITHOUT hesitation!. This is illegal. i had hold times of over an HOUR on each call... i was laughed at.! SAY NO TO GE.

File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission

• Le
    Leonard Tatum Sep 27, 2008

Filing complaints with Federal Trade Commission and going to sites like www.complaintsboard.com to vent won't bring justice to GEMB. Seriously people, WE WANT JUSTICE! Lets get a class action suit going, and lets get it going now! There are numerous cases in many states, make sure you are not left out of the loop. Or contact the suits themselves if you want to complain.

1) Write to Senator Christopher Dodd. He is the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs. His position on these types of credit card issuers is one of wanting to reign them in and stop them from abusing consumers. His web site says that he will only respond to residents of Connecticut, but write to him anyway as Committee Chairman. Also write/e-mail your own senators. A list of all 110th Congress Senators is at:

2) File complaints against them with the OTC:
    Office of Thrift Supervision
    Office of Consumer Programs
    1700 G Street, NW
    Washington, DC 20552
    1-800-842-6929
    www.ots.treas.gov

3) GE Money Bank is headed by Mark Begor - [email protected] . Email him

4) If a class action suit is happening for the state of California, LET ME IN THAT PLEASE! GEMB has scammed me to the max. I want justice!!

• Ra
    Randy Smith Oct 28, 2008

I am trying to pay my bill-I put a change of address in and have not
    received my statement-I phoned a number listed in the computer and
    someone with a heavy Indian accent ask me a million questions and
    put me on hold and then I was disconnected. All I wanted was address
    where to send my payment...

Dishonest practices

I borrwed $1, 000 for dental work, which was to be interest free if paid within 12 months. I paid more than was due on the first payment and never received another bill...because I didn't send another payment they are now charging me a finance charge of 28.99%. When I talked to them and told them I hadn't received a bill or anything from them in weeks, they said they were sending them on line. I have never agreed to electronic billing. I have sent them over $300 and my balance now due is $979.91. This is ridiculous. They were very nasty and didn't care what I had to say. Somebody needs to stop this!

Violation of the Fair Credit Billing Act

File a complaint with the Federal Trade commission

Changing my address to aquire late fees

I recieved a phone call today from ge money informing me that i need to make a payement on my card because i was accumulating late fees. I got this card back in jan. and used in for an automotive repaire because of its 6 month defered interest. My balance was paid off well with in that time and continued to get monthly statements untill this balance was paid off. I then used my card again last month to purchase new tires for my car. I never recieved a bill or a statement from ge money reguarding this transaction or new balance. I kinda forgot about this being a college student and also working a full time job or i would have paid online. They told me my address and it was somthing totally different form what i gave them when I opened this account. How can my address just change without my confirmation???? Who changed it?? Then they wanted me to go ahead and pay that interest over the phone right then and there so it would not be on my next statement. Why should i have to pay for their mistake? I argued with the supervisor for twenty min about this. He kept asking me to confirm the payment over the phone after telling him NO multiple times. He also read me my creadit card number, name, and my bank i go through to confirm this transaction that i kept refusing, and telling him that i am NOT going to do. I am going to make my payment, not including the late fees and finance charges that just so happened to accumulate over this period of time, but of the original charge to my card. If anyone else has had this same problem please post it. This is nothing more than a scam from them to make more money. If you stop recieving monthly statements i suggest contacting gemoney right away.

Laurie Sep 26, 2008

Violation of Fair Credit Billing Act - File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission

Late fees/errorounous reporting to credit agencys

Back in Oct of 2007, I had talked to an associate, Adrian Ray about my account and electronic payments from my checking account were set up on the 15th of the month. I was told that if I did this, I would not be charged overlimit fees or late fees. Unfortuantly this individual did not document this on my account. So, even though Ge money bank was taking $33 out of my checking account every month, I was still receiving a $39.oo late fee. Convient on there part, I never received a statement from them. I did receive a letter, though stating that they had received the payment. Not until months later, did I receive a statement showing that I was still being charged the late fee. I called numerous times and was told that I would have to talk to a Supervisor to have the late fee reversed and than was put on hold for ever. I did talk to a supervisor, Steve, in June, who reversed one late fee and told me that the reason I was being still being charged a late fee, was because my payment was due on the 4th of the month. I agreed to have the electronic payment changed to the fourth of the month to avoid any further late fee's. I again called in August, almost a year later, because I am still being charged late fee's, even after talking to a Supervisor, who told me that I should not be getting late charges. Than in Sept of 2008, I was told that my account had aged and would become current. I was supposed to have received a new statement showing my new payment and date. this is Sept 21 and I have not received this new statement.
Also, I had my credit run so I could buy a house and GE Money bank reported late dates for all the months from Oct of 2007 to August of 2008.
BEWARE!!! I am telling everyone, they run a scam. Every person you talk to when you call, gives you a different story. So, now Iam left with incorrect information on my credit report and almost a years worth of late charges, which were more than my monthly payments and no way of getting the problem corrected.

FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices