Having problems with GE Money Bank?

+1 617 443 3000 (Head Office)
+1 800 435 4448 (GE Lighting)
+1 518 385 2211 (GE Power)
+1 215 355 3300 (GE Power, Water)
+1 281 448 4410 (GE Power, Oil and Gas)
+1 678 844 6000 (GE Power, Energy Management)
+1 860 747 7111 (GE Power, Industrial Solutions)
+1 262 544 3011 (GE Healthcare)
+1 877 207 0923 (Small Appliances / Housewares)
+1 877 394 9775 (Telephones)
+1 800 654 8483 (Consumer Electronic Accessories)
+1 800 730 6597 (Cameras)
+1 888 575 8226 (Home Generators)
+1 800 800 4857 (Verification Of Employment)
3135 Easton Turnpike
Fairfield, Connecticut

Complaints & Reviews

Harassment with unwanted loan

I'd like to furnish the details of the persons/companies involved in this case before I proceed with my story :

1. ASM (Ge Money) : Mr. Yash, Cell: +91 [protected]
2. DSA : Radiant Marketing, Tel : +91 11 [protected]
3. Sub DSA : Vikash Mehta, Cell: +91 [protected]

I had applied for a personal loan of 5 lacs for a tenure of 48 months via Mr. Vikash Mehta, who collected the necessary documents from me. I had made it very clear to him right in the beginning that I wanted this loan for a longer tenure, if 60 months was not possible then for at least 48 months.

A few days later, he collected the PDCs from me saying that my loan application was sanctioned for 4.77 lacs and for a tenure of 48 months. The same day in the evening, I got a call from Mr. Yash (ASM, GeMoney) confirming me the approval but adding that the tenure could not be exceeded beyond 36 months as per the company policies. During our conversation, I clearly told him that I would have to forgo the loan as the tenure was not suitable to me and he agreed. There on, I had been calling Vikas to return my PDCs almost every day.

Then on 4th of Oct, I got a courier (the loan cheque) from GeMoney which I didn't receive and immediately called Vikas for a clarification. It is shocking what he had to say. He told me that Radiant Marketing was the DSA through which my file was processed. Instead of canceling the loan they went ahead with it because they had to meet their SALES TARGET! At the same time he promised to take necessary steps to cancel the loan and I needn't worry. I also called Mr. Yash who didn't take my call. The call centre refused to register a complain because I didn't have a loan a/c no. (since I had returned the courier without reading the contents).

On 8th of Oct, Radiant Marketing called me to confirm as to why the courier was returned. After I repeated the whole story again, Ms Madhu (Radiant Marketing) put the whole blame on Vikas (their sub DSA) but also promised that since I did not want the loan it would be canceled. They had the cheque with them which would be returned to Ge.

Today, somebody rings my bell, literally throws the envelope at the gate and disappears. So, I'm back to square one with the unwanted cheque in my hand. I'm thoroughly disgusted with the whole thing and request somebody of high authority at GE to take care of the matter personally.

One should think twice before approaching GE Money!

• Si
    Siddharth jain Mar 06, 2008

I totally agree with the above gentlemen post.

I have also faced the same from Ge Money, A gentlemen from Ge money has taken all the documents promising a loan of Specified amount with the cheque for processing the file.

Later there was no communication from the Bank upon which i requested for details, Bank told me that they can not provide with the specified amount and returned my documents without the cheque.

I think they are just fooling people and One should not go to Ge Money.

• Vi
    VIKRAM SHARMA Aug 23, 2008

To, Dated : 24/08/2008
    The GE MONEY,
    Credit Card Division,
    Delhi.

Sub: Bad Services of the Credit Card. No. 4211-8920-1438-9206.

Sir/Madam,
    I am Vikram Sharma. My Credit Card No. 4211-8920-1438-9206. My Credit Card was issued in 2004. I used card 04/10/2004 for Rs 1, 000.00. And second use on 04/11/2004 for Rs. 4364.00. After Charging the interest on the said amount to Total Amount Was Rs 5, 869.98. For Which I did the payment of Rs 5, 900.00 with no outstanding dues. The Customer Care Department said that u have paid Rs 5, 900.00 which is the excess amount. And thus you have no outstanding dues. Therefore your account become nil. Next statement showed the amount of Rs 46.76. I thought they will reverse this money to maintain the good customer relationship. I did the payment in time. Because if you know any credit card department does not want to loose good customers. I am using the credit card of other bank also like ICICI 4 Cards, HSBC 2 Cards, CITIBANK 2 Cards, ABN AMRO 2 Cards etc etc. But not faced the problems like this. After a long gap opened the statement and find out that the interest has become Rs 232.19 till August. I called the customer care center they told me that your payable amount is Rs 634.26. Therefore I did the payment of Rs 634.26. Which should not be paid. This is not fair. I don’t know why they are charging interest.
    So, my confirmation ID for this last payment that is Rs 634.26 is 0072263254. tele caller person name i.e. Mr. Ankur. Dated 24/08/2008. Time 10:14. Please close this card as I don’t want to continue with GE Money any relation like credit card, loan, account etc. etc. Please issue the NOC or No Dues outstanding as on date.

Thanks

Best Regards,

VIKRAM SHARMA
    M-75, Vikas Puri, Near U.K.Nursing Home,
    New Delhi-110018
    Phone No. # 011-25598001
    Mobile No. 09899259121

Santosh Kumar Aug 30, 2008

My brother Santosh Rai has been allotted Credit Card No. 4211 8920 1590 3682 with the crdit limit of Rs.5000/- only in the monyh of June, 2007 with the assurance to issue the same" Free of Cost". But nearly after passing of one year he has been advised to pay the sum of Rs. 732.01 including the Late Fee of Rs.350.00 for which he has neither been advised earlier nor the Card has been used on any occassion. He is getting regular threatenings from your office to settle the same at the earliest failing which he will be penalised regulary with Interest & Late Fees. Please look in to the matter immediately and resolve it at the earliest before taking any approprate action at my end. How it is justified to pay the charges without any use and with False Assurance for not paying any charge at the time of issue. However the cancelled card has already been despatched at your P.O Box No.3310, Jangpura Post Office, New Delhi 110074.

Your kind attention is once again invited to Waive off your claim of Rs. 732.01 and ensure not to send any Monthly Statement with Reminder to pay any outstanding for no use of Card and also to avoid the cheating attitude of your marketing executives to the unknown people like him. Please also confirm the waiver of the same at the following address same :

Santosh Rai
    E2/730 Vinay Khand, Gomti Nagar
    Lucknow-226 010.

Santosh Kumar
    Brother of Santosh Rai

Uutrageous consumer treatment

I would like to file a professional and personal compliant against "GE Money Bank", who carries the credit for Sam's Club.

Their credit criteria and treatment of the Sam's Club consumer is outrageous.

Sam's Club markets to the "Small Business Consumer" yet uses the most difficult means of issuing credit to their clientele.

Who is really the winner here?

Their "Business Credit Card" interest rates are the highest I have experienced.If you do not ask for consideration of a reduction in the rate, you do not get it. Currently they are charging 27.49%. If you plead and beg you might have it reduced to 13%, which is terrible for small business.

If you miss one (1) payment you are put into delinquencies and harassed at home or your business for payment.

Then you have to show six (6)consecutive payments on time to go back to the interest rate you had to beg for in the first place.

I believe they, GE Money Bank, have a "List" of consumers that are tracked by them for "problems in the past".

For example, they are also the Credit carriers for The Gap, Banana Republic and all of their stores. If you have ever had an "issue" with any of their credit alliances you are on this list, knowingly or unknowingly.

I am self employed and live in South Louisiana, I have had "issues" prior to and since the Hurricane.

When they call your home, they "block" the call, and use harassing and intimidating measures to find you.

They do not inform you the call is being recorded. You are told by the caller that you are in "Collections" for one (1) past due payment on a bill that totals $713.16.

Do not do business with GE Money Bank. Ask questions before you sign that credit application with all of those smiling faces at Sam's Club. The winner is Sam's Club and GE Money Bank, not the consumer.

Maria McLellan

Jason Hess Oct 01, 2007

Maria,

I agree with you 100%. But it is worse in my case. I had a bill of around only $80 and was one day late on my payment (the minimum was like $15) and Sam's Club called me over and over and over and over and over and over again. I don't answer calls on my cell phone that I don't recognize, so I didn't answer and they obviously never left a message.

I finally called them back and they told me I was late and they charged me a $25 late fee on a $80 bill. My credit is immaculate and I've never been late on a payment in my life. The reason I was late was because they said they sent me out a statement, but they didn't. I never would have not at least made the minimum payment.

So now I am in the process of buying my first house and the loan officer is running my credit and tells me my credit score got dinged points because of this stupid Sam's Club mess.

They handle their credit HORRIBLY. They are billion dollar company and harrass customers for a mere $15 minimum payment that is past due.

I have paid off my Sam's Club card and if and when I do go back there to purchase something I will do so using my own credit card or cash.

And I will also not recommend anyone to Sam's Club from this point on.

Another Sams Cardholder Feb 25, 2008

Folks... read your terms and conditions. Besides ALL banks the moment you owe them money, and they aren't receiving it... their collections division will be all over you. Late fees are there to deter people from going late. Oh and 27.49% rate is because you were past due on at least 2 bills... pay on time.

• Gw
    gWerdin Dec 09, 2011

I tried to get a refund for a returned item and the "bank" kept putting up "policy" statements. When I asked to see a copy of the policy they said they did not have access to outside emails or fax and again, that was handeled by another department and again "your local" Sam's Club has them (they did not) (nor would they talk to the local Sam's Club). They would not talk to the bank the money was supposed to be transferred. (and to be fair that bank would not talk to them either.) Makes me wonder how deep banks are in the controlling of funds in this country. So after almost two months I am stilling spending time and money trying to get my refund. I guess I'll have to find a "cheap" lawyer with my receipts and journals.

• Ge
    GE Hates its Customers Jan 14, 2019

GE, who carries the credit for SAMs club, continuously freezes my account for fake fraudulent activity. Two weeks ago GE froze my card for a $20 Yoga purchase & a $15 Kroger purchase. Yesterday they froze my account for a $49 attempted Walmart purchase. GE's fraud protocol does not work. They are trying to land the big credit card fraudsters from Somolia etc. and all they end up doing is taking credit away from a 62 year old working mom. GE hates its customers, of that I am certain. Thank Goodness, I had my American express card on hand to pay for the purchase. American express has never once falsely flagged my account for fraud, nor have they ever denied a purchase nor blocked my spending. Get a grip GE, you are a terrible, customer in-focused company.

Need class action suit! Website fraud!

Short version: Their website didn't work to make payments, I've been paying bills online for over 7 years - theirs is the ONLY one to NOT work so far! If you've had an issue with the, please re-enter it at:

These get read by lawyers & I VERY much would like to get a class action suit started against them!!

• De
    Deborah Scott Jan 03, 2008

I COMPLETELY agree that GE Money Bank is God awful to deal with and should be shut down. I welcome the opportunity to become a part of a class-action suit. I started down this journey through the Home Shopping Network that has unwisely chosen GE Money Bank to handle its credit card services. HAD I KNOWN THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW!!!.

I advise everyone to run (not walk) from any operation related in anyway to GE Money Bank. I will also attempt to contact 6O Minutes at CBS and request that they do a story on this worst of all financial operations. All of our disgruntled voices need to be hear becasue there's strength in numbers and hopefully a net for those who find themselves falling into the GE Money Bank abyss.

marlene stevens Jan 08, 2008

we have many GEMB cards, which after yrs of paying instantly and being dedicated to strive for the best credit file possible. it appears that GEMB has possibly injured our credit file which as everyone knows, EVERYTHING is based on your credit report files. i shopped all yr for xmas items. balances did get high. pymts made like clock work, never late, always more than required. Finally after all gifts were purchased this yr,we paid off our credit cards. In the mean time,GEMB started reducing the credit limits. Like from$4,000 to $250 (after $balance reached $3400) others were reduced too from thousands of dollars to a mere $200-$250. Letters were sent out to GEMB. We have like 23 cards which credit rating was excellent. Although its not a good idea to close out accounts to build the best credit score. In this case where GEMB appears to cause injury to your credit scores, I beleive it may be best to close out all GEMB accounts. I beleive GEMB should have to pay for their unjustified injuries that they have caused to us, their consumers. Never late, always paid more than required.....To end up having GEMB reduce your credit limit , which makes lenders think you are a high risk, & Have you humiliated at checkout while thinking you have thousands of available credit remaining...

• Gi
    Giorgio Fonti Feb 27, 2008

It is impossible to pay your credit card bill online. After multiple attempts to pay my credit card bill online, with a representitive on the phone, we could not do it. I had her close my card, and didn't pay the remaining interest on the card.

Her name is Rajni x7263 - 7am-10pm Central. you have to call this number though 1-866-335-6230.
    Then you have to imput all your info first every time (takes about 15 minutes to reach her after holding).

Make sure you tell her you're recording your conversation.
    DO NOT USE STORE CREDIT CARDS.

• Ro
    Robbinhood Jul 29, 2010

Yes agreed Ge Money demonstates unethical and ruthless business practice

The evidence speaks for itself

Check out this site for detailed info on GE Money's track record

ASIC acts on GE Money’s insurance and debt collection practices

GE Money’s consumer complaints mount

ASIC helps Australian consumers understand new credit laws

The more consumers that can access reliable information in a timely manner to better

Consumers should be able to research finance companies first before making a decision to apply for a finance product.

If consumers can see that GE Money products have distinct disadvantages, that the customer service is poor, the interest rates higher, and the debt collection process is very aggressive and damaging for the consumer it is more likely that consumers will not take up GE Money products.

Loss of business for GE Money and lower profits will really make an impact against GE Money

Hit GE Money financially and make a difference

Spread the word about GE Money complaints

GE Money’s consumer complaints mount

Scam you to get finance charges!

Please do not use this company. I am a very responsible person and have never complained about loan procedures before. GE tried everything they could to collect finance charges from me. I disputed a service, they told me to dispute it as a billing error. I told them it was a quality of service issue. They insisted I call it a billing error. I disputed the charges and was told that I did not dispute the charges in the time limit allowed for a billing error.

I resubmitted a dispute as a quality of service issue and waited two weeks for a response. I called them and was told they did not receive the second dispute. After about 20 minutes and a request to speak to management, I was finally told that the time limit for a dispute for quality of service had expired. Today, I now have 4 days to get a payment to them or face 22.98% finance charge for the last year. I will wire the money and let you know if I get the same response that others have had from this company. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau. If you have problems with GE money, you should complain too.

What a bunch of bull. Don't go there!!!

• Ji
    Jill G Sep 12, 2007

I had the same problem with GE Money. They charged me $35 per month for a late fee, even tho I had paid $207 every month, prior to the due date (my minimum payment was $26). I contacted a customer service representative, and she told me that I should pay closer attention to the terms of the agreement, which were on the back of the bill. She said it said that I could not pay early; but when I read thru the terms, nowhere on it did it say I could not pay early. So I have been taken for the past 6 months. I paid the account off in full today, once i realized what a ripoff this company is. Please take your business elsewhere! Do not use GE Money!

• Tn
    tnon Sep 26, 2007

Ok all I heard in that whole post was. Dispute.. pffft..dispute..dispute.. pff..disp..
    Stop trying to sound technical. Why didn't you just get a supervisor on the phone - someone is there that is competent enough to help you, and go ahead and stand in line with the complaints with BBB on Ge Money.

they had over 2000 complaints from people just like you that just don't want to pay their bill and they're still in business.

So..
    Quityerbitchen.

Anita Obertubbesing Nov 07, 2007

Your saying people don't want to pay their bills. Sometimes other things come first. Having a place to live. Or you don't think of that do you?

Caveat emptor!

This institution (I use the words aberrantly) is less than wonderful. It has some how managed to fly under the radar of the FTC and state's Attorney Generals for some time. If they're to be held accountable, then these complaints have to be directed to the appropriate government agencies. It is unlikely anything will happen by posting to a public forum other than a public service.

On the other hand, you have to take some responsibility for entering into a relationship with GE. Perhaps the emotion of the moment clouded your judgment or you allowed yourself to be persuaded by a less-then-forthcoming person. Nevertheless, you've got to read everything: disclaimers, small print, interest rates, fees. Everything! Upfront, the deal sounds good, but after it's all over and you have agreed to the terms, which includes subjection to inimical conduct of GE, there isn't a great deal of recourse options, if any, that are available.

Their interest rate have remained high, even through the recent recession when rates were at an all-time low. This is a company you have to keep on top of and make sure payments are not late. If you fall behind or are late, then your troubles are just beginning. I wouldn't be surprised if GE wasted no time in reporting a delinquency to the credit bureaus, thus your FICO score takes a major hit. Their interest rates are not the highest, but they are high nonetheless. For example their ShopNBC card carries an APR of 24.24% and a delinquency rate of 26.99%; late fees range anywhere from $15 to $35, depending on the balance.

My antipathy toward GE has been growing for sometime. My first experience was when I applied for PayPal Buyer credit about a year ago. I would use it to pay for auctions won off eBay, and either pay the balance in full or take advantage of items eligible for 0% interest promotional period. Obviously, the balance needs to paid in full before the end of the period, which begins when the item posts. The APR is 23.75%. I suspect the delinquent rate and fees are similar to above, if not more. When I first applied, I was extended a $250.00 credit limit. Frankly, I found it an insult considering my FICO score and debt ratio. GE allows one to apply for a credit increase every 90 days, so I'm not sure why they don't just don't grant a limit based on credit worthiness initially. However, they're a financing business and can set their own rules if one wishes to play with them.

My second experience started with ShopNBC. On their TV program, they occasionally list big-screen TVs for 12 month 0% interest. Of course this only is applicable on the ShopNBC credit card through none other than GE Bank. I said, "what the heck, I'll apply." During the application, your approved for either a ShopNBC card or ShopNBC Visa. The TV I was interested in cost $1200. Remember the best money to use is someone else's at 0% interest. After I went on-line to apply, I was approved for a ShopNBC credit card with a limit of $500. Obviously, buying the TV was out of the question. Not to mention another insult. I protested to ShopNBC, who said there was nothing they could do. I then wrote a letter to GE Bank protesting their decision. They have yet to reply and that was over 6 months ago. Needless to say, the card arrived and I did not activate it. The whole ordeal turned out like a bait-n-switch scheme, but it was perfectly legitimate. The lesson here is what seems morally wrong is nonetheless legal.

I did however, apply to a major card issuer and was approved for a $10,000 limit with 12 months 0% introductory rate. I bought a big-screen, but not through ShopNBC.

Card issuers are getting devious in their practices. For example, some reset the APR to the delinquent rate if you miss one payment. Another trend is to reset rates if you're late on any payment for other creditors and services. Still others, like Providian, have received payments on time, but did not post it to the account until after the due date, thus triggering late fees. Providian got caught doing this by he way. That is why is is all the more important to know what your getting into.

All I can say with regards to entering into a contract with GE is caveat emptor. And if one does, scrutinize the relation under a microscope.

• Tr
    Truth hurts May 02, 2008

Check with any Private Label Consumer Financing and you would find a very high rate of interest. Whether the prime changes or economic features are shifting is only a variable for the type of loan with interest based directly on the prime; however, many Private Label and Closed-End Installment contracts are disclosed as a set rate, regardless of the economy.

Yes, be a smarter purchaser, but please also be an intelligent complainer.
    It is too bad you feel so mistreated, but a little care can certainly make life a little smoother for everyone.

• La
    Laurie Oct 17, 2008

Its under the FTC radar because no one is filing complaints with the FTC and Office of Thrift Supervision

Everyone having problems with GE Money needs to report them to these agencies so they can force GE Money to fix their broken processes and nasty attitudes

Credit card slamming!

Received a letter in the mail from Lowes stating that my account had been upgraded and that I would be...

Scam and cheating!

This is my second time complaining about this company recently I received a bill charging me Interest on a account that was to be interest free till October. I called the credit company and they told me to called Peach Direct . I called Peach Direct and what do you think ,they told me to call GE Money Bank.I have never Had a problem like this Company in my Life . I was trying to purchase a nice gift for my Daughter for passing her grade and it's been I headache. BEWARE!!!

Scaring EMI Payment method

I took a loan (A/C No.RDLR00662560) through GE Money in New Delhi. I surprised that they never present EMI checks to my bank for clearing. I called up so many time their call center phone number ([protected]), requesting them to present my check in my bank. But they don't care.

Every month they send collection agent to my home for collecting EMI in cash. Why these guys are calling for EMI & receiving cash from my home. I requested them please get checks all of your EMI's if you have any problem. But they don't listen. They told me that they will receive your EMI in cash only from your residence. It is very ridiculous. For the last two months they have not called. AND not coming to my residence. Now I got a notice from GE Money regarding Non Payment of EMI.

IS it the appropriate procedure for collecting EMI? I need to report this issue with GE Money India head.

If any GE Money concerned person is interested to know more about this issue, Please email me [protected]@yahoo.com, I will glad to explain everything.

Regards,
hrushikesh.

Misguide to consumer!

I have taken Loan with Ge Money for Washing Machine. When I have signed the contract and issued the cheques then I cleared that Cheque Date should be after 07th of every Month. Because I will my EMI on the basis of my salary. Then showing the Irresponsibility by Ge Money they put a Cheque date of 04th of every Month. When two cheques returned and I refused to pay EMI and I have suffered cheque bounce charges 500/- from my bank. then Ge Money assured me to not charges any kind of penalty and I paid EMI in Cash. Now when my Loan is over the GE Money told after We will give original documents after payment of penalty.

Unfair charges and taking advantage

This company is the most deceitful loan company i have dealt with. I got a loan for $2,000 a year and a half age, supposed to interest free, somehow i still owe $1,400. I pay $84 a month and 30 of it goes to interest. I was not informed up front, i feel like i was completely taken advantage of. If you can avoid it, do not get a loan with this company. I got mine through drivers auto in spring. They will screw you over and not give a damn about it.

None Jan 15, 2008

IN it to win it. Thats how they make their Money DUMMY! pay more than 84.00 a month and you'll pay towards the principal. Anyone knows that!

GE Money - cheating customer!

Don't try to take Housing or any other loan from GE MONEY. They are the people who has low class attitude. You might feel good initially, but later you will suffer a lot. I have a Home loan from GE Money taken on Dec 2005, they have been revising the interest rate for every 3 months, but there is no communication to Customer. Now they have revised to 12.25% (as on 19th July 2007) which is much above the market rate offering by any other banks offering.

I called their customer care [protected] and requested for a closure letter to transfer loan to other bank. 48 hours TAT, i called them after 2 days and verified what is the status, but they never registered the complaint, launched a complaint/request again, CSE confirmed that there would be a call back from the concerned. But even after 3 working days there is no call back, called again and requested, then also there is no call back for next 3 days.

They are doing S**T business, not even taking care of customer requests, when customer wants to go out of them, this is not fair and definitely not accepted by anyone.

Please don't take any loan from GE Money as they always cheat customer all the time.

• Si
    Siddharth Razdan Jul 18, 2007

Try one very simple but effective remedy... Don't pay the EMI for the month and see how the GE guys run from pillar to post to register your greviances...

Regards
    (Siddharth Razdan)

• Ra
    Ramana Nimmagadda Jul 23, 2007

I agree. Also unfortunately - I signed up an agreement with them for quite a bit of some and now the pathetic thing is that I cannot even prepay during the initial 1 year of the loan. Always Nationalized banks are 10000 times better. Please do not get conned by the sweet smiles and nice servitude of the loan sellers. Even if it is a bit of a pain - always go through Nationalized banks as there will not be any unfair charges on any loans. I am okay oif the business is fair but ROBBING money from salaried class is not good. This is nothing but robbing people and sincerely pray that Govt of India brings some regulations on this unlawful increase of interest rates and throws closes the doors to such companies from India.

• Sp
    S. P. Chacko Jul 29, 2007

I totally agree with the above. I have also complained for non receipt of my cash card which is pending since last six months. Even after several calls made to the customer care my problem is still not solved.

• Pa
    pankaj gupta Jul 01, 2008

I have also similar issues! i am so upset that i cnt express, some times i feel whole month i am just worried that my emi should is at time or not, i have to follow bank why they have not presented the check
    Bla bla bla, i have 100 email conversation with bank.

No one is ready to help!
    No Communication?

Sometime i think can i file a consumer case against bank?

Bad customer service and fraudulent charges!

I HAVE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU... If you have experienced similar problems, you should too!!! I applied for a Care Credit credit card approx 4 years ago and use the card only for my sons dentist and ortho bills. In 2006, I asked for an increase in credit limit to allow for my sons braces and it was granted.

In Dec. 2006, I found that every time I made a payment of $78.00, my balance was going up, not down. I called Care Credit very upset about this, and no one could help me, nor understand me, nor could I understand them. I stated stated that I was considering closing my account.

A few months later, when calling in for another reason, I found that my account had been closed per my request. I never requested this, however because the representative, who can not speak nor understand English, decided that this is what I wanted, this is what happened. I told Care Credit that I did not request this, and they have told me, as they have everytime I have called them for any reason, that there is nothing they can do.

On July 9, 2007, I called Care Credit because I found once again, that I am paying $120 per month and my balance continues to go up. It seems that they tacked on a deferred interest amount that brought my card over the limit and they are charging me $29.00 in over the limit fees. So for each $120.00 payment I make, the balance goes up by $15.00. As you can see, these amounts will get larger as time goes by because it adds to my balance and I am getting charged interest on interest. I asked to speak to a supervisor on this call as well, and was told I could not. No one was available. I was then told that some one would call me... no one did.

I called back on July 9 to pay off my card with a credit card that I wanted to transfer that balance to so that it would not be a financial hardship on me. I was told by Care Credit that they could not do this because it had to be from my checking account. My guess is because they want to make it as hard as possible to get out from under the card because they are gouging their customers and this is the way they make their money... so why would they make it easy for you to pay off the card!!

On July 11th, I called and spoke to a supervisor named Natasha. I was told that she was sorry, there was nothing she could do. I explained to her that I did not request this account be closed, and she stated she was sorry, but it says I requested it. I explained that I did not request this, and she stated I could re-apply. I would not have a problem with the account being closed if it did not impact my credit score. However, it does. I don't feel that a representative from India who can't speak our language should have the power to affect my credit score because he thinks I said something that I did not say, but because he typed it into the system, it is what stands.

I do not feel that Care Credit / GE Money treat their customers fairly. I don't believe they should be able to impact my credit score based on what a representative THOUGHT I said, or decided possibly that because I was upset and threatened to close my account that they could take it upon themselves to just do so. This was not my wish and was not my intent at the time. Only a thought.

I do not believe that they should be allowed to deny payments of any kind.

They need to give better customer service.

• Mo
    Monique Giannetti Nov 29, 2007

I am still fighting with GE about a payment I did through their automated service on the phone. I was told I never paid, I have provided proof of my cleared check, and they keep telling me I never sent a copy of the cleared check. I filed a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General.

• Mi
    Mikah Mar 18, 2008

I work for a credit card company. And although it is not GE, I know what speaking with ignorant, small minded people is like. As with any other credit card, there are finance charges. When you apply for credit, you should be fully aware of what you are signing, and read the fine print. So many people play stupid and act like they have no idea what a finance charge is. They send statements to you EVERY MONTH regarding your account, payments, and what date to have it paid off by so you do not get said interest. Every time I have called GE they have been more than helpful, and I am not so racist as to blame someones nationality for my irresponsibility. I can almost guarantee you requested to close your account, and in turn, thought you might get a little satisfaction by insisting you didn't. From now on, if you are having trouble understanding somebody, ASK FOR A DIFFERENT OPERATOR, one in the US. They are more than happy to transfer you. (And I can imagine REALLY happy to get you off their phone!) Quit taking it out on these poor people who are only doing their jobs and trying to make a living, and grow up a little by being an adult and READING your bills!!!
    ps
    Better Business Bureau isnt going to do ANYTHING for you, because being stupid isnt that company's fault. Good luck spending even more money.

• C
    C Apr 23, 2008

I really like what Mikah has to say about all of this. CareCredit is no different than any other credit card out there. For those people that like to say things like "I was late ONE day and all of the sudden I hate 28% interest" and things like that, come on now. CareCredit, along with most credit cards, raise interest rates after there are multiple late payments on accounts. As far as what happened in this case, this is completely Heather (the cardholder's) fault. Complete stupidity. If she had been a responisble consumer and actually read her statement (the ONLY form of correspondence a credit card company has) she would have understood fully what would happen to her if she didnt pay that promotion off. Even after the promotion expired and the deferred interest was tacked on she could have prevented the over limit fees by paying the account balance down, or at the VERY least paying more than the minimum. Simple math would have saved her a lot of money. How exactly is this the credit card's fault? They provided all of the information UP FRONT and have hundreds of people available almost 24/7 to answer any questions she might have had about the account. Because of her failure to understand her own account she was charged fees. What it comes down to is people in America refuse to take responsibility for their own actions and their own stupidity. Want some advice, people? OWN UP. People make mistakes, but there is nothing worse than listening to someone blaming everyone else for their self imposed problems. Remember that when calling your credit card company asking for favors.

• La
    Laurie Nov 12, 2008

FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION AND OFFICE OF THRIFT SUPERVISION. You have to complain to both. FTC compiles complaint data for other government agencies to access.

OTS works for you to resolve the complaints.

As you know GEMB just ignores valid customer complaints and will lie every chance they get.

They cannot ignore complaints from the Office of Thrift Supervision. And it will usually be resolved within 45 days.

Inflated interest rates!

Lowe's recently transferred my account to a GE Money Bank Platinum Card. While I appreciated the credit limit increase from $1500 to $7500, GE is now charging 19.24% for purchases! Not only did Lowe's do away with the 12-months no interest/no payments option, but GE is unwilling to negotiate the APR!

I have no intention of carrying a balance with GE Money Bank and have already begun the process to transfer the balance to another creditor at a 6.99% APR.

GE Money Bank handled the Paypal Visa card which I've also closed due to the inflated interest rates. If more people revolt against such predatory lending, perhaps GE will realize that the value of all consumers.

• Sh
    Shane Aug 22, 2007

I completely agree, they told me they cannot lower my APR of 23% (originally 21%). I'm not ever going to keep a balance of course, but I want to lower the rate so it looks better on my credit score. GE MONEY BANK IS A TERRIBLE EVIL COMPANY THAT IS UNWILLING TO SUPPORT ITS CUSTOMERS.

• Tn
    tnon Sep 26, 2007

Ok - so you accepted the credit without even asking what the APR was. You should get a Stupid Award. That was YOUR FAULT. Not the companies.

Then you said they are unwilling to negotiate the APR - I know for a fact if you have 6 months of great payment history with no late payments they will review your acct and send you a notice in writing within 30 days. Did you bother to ask about that? Of course not, you'd rather get on a message board and slander a company's name instead of doing your homework and reading the Terms and Conditions. Call Lowes and ask for a copy of your T&C and Quityerbitchen.

john johnson Dec 14, 2007

should have checked your contract sounds like a consumer that doesn't read what he is signing :)

college girl Apr 07, 2009

If you don't like the interest rate, get a card from another company. GE Money will lend money to people with very bad credit ratings, and the percentage rate they charge is high because of that.

Credit card terms and conditions as well as interest rates are allowed to change if they notify you beforehand. You do have to read stuff they send you in the mail. That's a pretty good idea.

Title held hostage!

I purchased a used KTM dirtbike in the spring of 2005. I had been making all of my payment on time until a bad divorce put me in a bad spot. I soon fell behind on my payments and my account with GE went to collections. Since then I have sold my house and settled the account with GE.(that was in jan 07) As part of the settlement agreement, GE was supposed to sent me the title to the bike... that was SIX months ago. I tried repeatedly to get through to them with no luck. Each time I finally reached a live body at GE I was Quickly and rudely referred to another phone number with another rude employee who was not only unwilling to help,but unwilling to let me speak to a supervisor. I was sent in circles for 3 days with no results, each department saying to call another department. I have been forced to hire a lawyer on MY dime to get the title that belongs to me, and now they are giving him the runaround! Today I finally had enough and gave them an ultimatum... send me my title or we are going to court and seeking damages. Meanwhile I have a bike I cannot ride, register, sell, and losing value!

• Ed
    Eddie Storey Sep 14, 2007

I have a very similar experience. I filed bankruptcy in 2004. I listed the motorcycle as exempt and placed it on my excluded accounts list, yet GE put it into bankruptcy anyway. I paid double payments $150.00 instead of $80.00 every month without ever being late. Finally I paid it off 4 months ago. I have yet to receive my title. I have been calling them every week. They will not even give me a correspondence address other than the payment center. Registered mail to that address is returned undelivered.

Suspended after big payoff to GE MC

After paying GE Money Bank at total of at least $5,000 on two accounts, they send a suspension letter. I call, they say "there is nothing they can do." A customer since 2001, given them thousands in interest threw the years. All based on an incorrect Equifax report. They didn't even ask for the report until AFTER they had over 5 thousand clams. Further, their call center is in Spanish only unless you start to speak English. Maybe they are replacing American customers w/foreign ones. Anyway, dumped over a false report after handing them BIG BUCKS. That's gratitude. I even paid off a big heat pump/ac in 90 days (didn't move them). The letter says it's not Equifax' s fault but it's not mine either. GE MONEY BANK DROPPED ME ON FALSE PRETENSES. No doubt if I still had a balance, I would still be their treasured customer.

• Ms
    msemm Dec 31, 2007

I have had limited experience, but my first is negative. I mailed my first payment December 1 for a payment due December 8. They posted my payment December 9 and charged me a late fee. They are a rip-off and I will no longer do business with them.

They block me from paying and charge me for non-payment

I signed up for PayPal buyer credit, and spent around $700 in various products online. When time to pay my...

Charges for services not rendered

I went to a dentist and he sold me an appliance that never fit me. I had to go to another dentist and pay...

GE Money being sued

I'd really like to know who is suing GE Money bank and if this is a class action. My niece is bombarded...

They don't keep accurate records

Our care credit account has been a pain in the neck since we got it. They did not send our first bill so immediately (6 weeks after the surgery) had added extra fees. Then to get all that cleared up took hours. We then paid the "payoff" balance with our tax return but suddenly the offer disappeared. There was now $60.00 left over. In the meantime I sent $20.00 toward that as I was too busy to argue at the time and I just found out that wasn't even accredited to my account and they added another $50.00+ of interest charges! Our bill is now $133.[protected]@!!!

I will contact the medical provider and tell them to trash that company's pamphlet.

Connie Gray Oct 22, 2007

Care Credit & LA Weight Loss

In June of 2007 I signed up for LA Weight Loss and they offered a 90 day interest free payment plan. I agreed to their terms. Within 10 day after signing up, I chose not to do LA Weight Loss and requested a refund from them, which I did receive. On August 17, 2007 and I sent a cheque along with a letter to GE Care Credit advising that this was full payment for my account within the 90 day interest free time frame. I started to receive phone calls within that week looking for my first payment, which was past due, however, I did advise them that full payment was in the mail. Thinking the matter was done, I took off to Ontario for holidays. During that time I was getting a phone a day from GE looking for payment, at which time I told them I had paid it in full. It got to the point after about the 3rd call, I quit answering my cell due to long distance charges. When I returned home to BC in September, there was bill in the mail showing a full outstanding amount. I called and again said I had paid this in full. They were showing no record of payment. I gave them all the info they requested, date of the chq, chq # and the amount. They said they would track it down. September passed with no more calls, and again a bill showed up with a full outstanding amount. Once again I called and got the run around that it wasn't showing as being paid. At this point I called my bank and found out the cheque had cleared thru my account on August 21, 2007. Just 4 days after I sent it. I called back and I asked for a manger and was put thru to some lady named Brenna and she told me to get a letter of trace from my bank with both sides of the processed cheque and fax it to her attention. I did as I was instructed on September 11, 2007. Upon receipt of the banking info I faxed Brenna the information requested. October again the calls started, and again I told them the account was paid in full, gave them all the required info and they tell me my account is still outstanding. Every time there is a call it's always a different person and they don't seem to be able to read on the screen that some else has called and the info that I have given them is the same each time. On October 15, 2007, I received another bill showing my account was still outstanding and NOW THEY'VE ADDED $53.61 INTEREST CHARGES. Once again I fax to Brenna's attention with banking info and asking that the billing be adjusted accordingly. October 17, 2007 I get another phone call from customer service telling my account is in arrears. By now I'm very angry and feeling extremely harassed. I give them the same story and hang up. At this point I decided to call back and try to get this resolved. Each and every time you call in you have to give them your name, address and account number, even though you've keyed in your account number on the phone pad. The girl wanted all the info again and I said I wanted to be put thru to a manager, I was put thru to a guy named Devon and once again it's the whole entire story. He tells me after putting me on hold a number of times, that he has found someone who can help resolve this and transfers me over. I'm grateful that finally this was going to get resolved. WRONG! She tells me that she is in customer service and has nothing to do with straightening out accounts. I told her I had faxed twice to Brenna. She proceeded to tell me there was no Brenna or Brenda that worked there. SO WHERE DID THIS FAXED INFORMATION GO TO???? She couldn't tell me, at which point I asked for a manager and was told, manager was on break. I was not going to have this go on any longer, so I demanded a manager or the manager's manager. She put me thru to some guy named Mike, and again the whole story. Mike gave me a fax number of what I believed to be the accounting department. It turned out to be a wrong number. Now the blood is boiling. I call customer service get a very nice lady named Rachel, explained I don't want to get into details but was given a fax number for accounting that isn't working. Could she please help me with the right number. She put me on hold for awhile and tried to get thru to accounting, but all the lines were busy, so she said she would call back with the required info. This is the only person over the past 2 months that has offered to do anything extra to try and resolve this issue. She called back within 15 minutes with a fax number to the Escalation Desk that was supposed be able to fix this. That was at 11:00 am on Wednesday, October 17, 2007. I did request a reply from them advising that the situation was resolved. As of 9:20 am this morning I've had no return fax, and the calls have started again. This time I was rude and yelling and hung up on them, as I'm at my wits end and was just about to break down in tears. From there I have faxed again to the Escalation Desk as well as I found the fax number for Care Credit on line. In my letter I have advised that I must have an answer by 4PM today, or I have no other choice but to go to CTV News and deal with their problem ombudsman to get this cleared up once and for all. In the past I had some credit issues so I don't need to have this monkey causing any further problems.

• Av
    A very disruntled Credit Holder Apr 04, 2008

I am going through trying to get finance charges reversed now from GE CREDIT for something I payed as I was told to do in full to reverse the finance charges. Very unfair company without customer satisfaction at stake at all. ALL OF my previous payments were timely. BEWARE and hoping they set their customer service up a little better in the future.
    I was scolded that I didn't read the statement on the expiration date clearly . They sent me the new statement the day of the expiration - I called for Balance, was told balance with out incurred finance charges...they still hvae the charges on my account for finance. IT ws a deferred CARE CREDIT PROGRAM. YIKES!

MaryEleanor Seydl Oct 23, 2008

I also signed up for Care Credit to have extensive Dental work done. I discovered that some months they started skipping sending me a statement. The first time I hadn't realized it . I recieved a phone call at work saying that I was late with my payment. I said I didn, t think that was possible as I always pay my bills almost as soon as they come in the mail. I pay before the due date and usually extra. When I got home I checked my check book and sure enough they were right. I searched high and low for any mail I could have miss placed. Nothing. I called the number from and old bill and spoke to a very nice young man. He looked back over my prevoius payment record and said he could see that I had always payed in the manner previously stated. He removed the 35.00 late fee from my next bill and also didn't make me in default of my promotional interest free loan. I figured out how pay my bill on line through my bank. Fortunately. Every other month, almost, I don't recieve a paper statement on my account. First I had been able to log into care credit's web site, but quite often it doesn't seem to be possible. I'm trying to transfer the rest of my balance to my Discover Card before I get nailed with a now 900 and some dollar interest. The funny thing about this interest charge is the lower my bill goes the higher that becomes.

Ignoring letters and calling 10+ times daily

For five months I paid my payment to GE money bank on time. I even paid over the amount. Shortly after my surgery on my eyes (april 06) my son was diagnosed with a lifelong disease. Despite the fact of having insurance , his expenses exceeded thousands of dollars a month. I live paycheck to paycheck. I own nothing. One of his medicines cost $444.99 / month. By August I was struggling to keep the electricity on. I wrote three letters to GE and none were answered. They now call me up to ten times every day. They refuse to respond to my letters and continue to harass me!

Bware!!!

• Rv
    R. V May 24, 2007

I purchased a promise ring for my boyfriend from Daniels Jewelers in Feb 2007. I never saw a bill from them and I never got a phone call for 3 months. They called my work supervisor harassing him and he told them that they had the wrong number, so he gave them my cell phone. I was very sick for 2 weeks and did not answer either my home or cell phone, my boyfriend did. He told me that it was from GE Money and I needed to return the call immediately, well I wasn't going to deal with them until I felt better. A week went by and that whole week my cell rang about 6-20 times a day from an unknown caller, and when i finally picked up it wasn't even a person i was put on hold so i hung up and went to the store and talked to the employees there. They called up GE for me and when it was all said and done they screwed up my billing address and apologized and said they would repair any bad notes or collection notices if I had any in my record/name and just made sure that I knew I had to pay 3 months in one lump sum because of their ### mistake... who they have typing up bills? Helen Keller?

• Ho
    Howard Jul 29, 2007

You owe nothing yet you had to pay GE a monthly payment? Sounds like you have a loan you are in default on. I'm sorry you have financial problems but you also have a contract.

Concerned Citizen Sep 24, 2007

R.V. ~ Just because you didn't recieve a bill for 3 months, does that mean that the money you owed just magically disappeared?

• Da
    David L Spencer Feb 17, 2008

I know nothing of this company, have never done business with this company and every day between 8 and 9 a.m. I get a call from GE Money asking for someone that doesn't even live in my house. I have explained this to each person (different person every time) every time and they tell me it will not happen again. This is blatent harrasment and it must stop!