GE Money Bank / Paid off act. but they refuse to acknowledge it

This is regarding: GE Money Bank
P.O. Box 960061
Orlando, FL 32896
[protected]

I have bank documentation (cancelled check) that I paid off my account in full on July 15, 2007 ($203.93). I received a statement on Aug. 8 reflecting my previous balance ($203.93 plus a $29 late fee. I called the company upon receiving the statement & was told to mail a copy of it to them. I mailed a copy of the check on Aug. 6. I received yet another statement on Sept. 17 again reflecting the original balance owed plus another $29 late fee. I called the company on Sept. 17 and spoke with someone named Ecarney and told her about mailing my cancelled check. She claimed they had not received it & suggested I fax the cancelled check to "payment research." I did that promptly on Sept. 17. I called on Sept. 20 & spoke with Jeff. He gave me yet another phone number to try to resolve this issue.
I called the number he gave me [protected]) & spoke with Miriam. She said to call back next week and that I could not talk to anyone in the "payment research" dept. Everything was done by fax. Meanwhile, another letter came in the mail dated Sept. 23 saying my acct. was deliquent. I called yet again on Sept. 25 at 2:30 p.m. & Jessica put me in touch with her supervisor, Robert. He claimed it could take up to 30 days to solve this dispute and in the mean time, nothing could be done.
The company called me at home on Sept. 28 at 6:10 p.m. I spoke with Dwayne and he said he would let "payment research" know about the problem. I received yet another statement on Oct. 14 claiming I owe them a balance of $316.69. I called the company on Oct. 14 & asked to speak with a supervisor. I spoke with someone who identified herself as Jenny Brown and she indicated the number I had faxed the information to on Sept. 17 was incorrect. She gave me yet another number [protected]). I have not yet faxed anything to this number because I don't know if this one is correct. I filed a complaint with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) on Oct. 15 (ref. # [protected]). I have called GE Money many times regarding this matter, but they will not investigate it. Instead, they keep sending me letters & statements saying I owe them money and I have not paid them. I feel like this company is not taking me seriously and not researching this mistake. I do not want my credit ruined for this.

Comments

• Br
      27th of Oct, 2007

My wife ran up a nice $1100 bill for care credit and I took her accounts over since she is not able to balance finances, after blindly paying for a year, I noticed my balance is $800 at anywhere between $25 and $40 a month.

Little did I know they were charging this huge % rate when I'm use to 2 - 6%.

All of my wifes cards are in my name because of my high credit rating. I found these posts because I am on another PC and decided to check the account. Each time it takes a good 5 minutes searching google to find where to pay.

I feel for everyone here as I have yet to have all the disappointing harassing calls or erroneous bills. I assume the monthly statements are sent from a different department or company which no one actually can contact. Each time we call the company and connect to someone (random around the world), that person has no idea where these statements originate from nor has any control over automated payment system.

Someone on here needs to take up a collection of numbers so when another person has a problem, they can fax all 26 numbers and call all 65 numbers to get the issue resolved that day.

I would much rather call them and let them tell me to fax it in where I reply "I did, to 26 fax numbers, so find it, fix it and call me back!"

This truly is a poor excuse for a company. I didnt realize paypal and Walmart used them, I do have a walmart card now but forget paypal. Too many daily transactions for me to pay huge fees on.

**Dont forget - they have a Monthly Auto debit feature on the site, so you can setup your bank account and have it drafted out. Another way for you to claim its not your fault if the payments late.** Like that "Quityer[censored]en" guy says, most of these errors are brought on by us not failing to understand that this company is a 19th century joke of a company with underpaid dropouts and a huge artificial intelligent computer system running the accounts to systematically take over the world. Once we all know this, then yes... we will know to fax 26 numbers and call 65 next time. Or perhaps just review the terms and conditions next time before we enter into dept with a company.

Good luck to you and everyone else.

• Ka
      11th of Aug, 2008

I am wondering what GE Money Bank's website is. I have 2 accounts with this company. The companies are Select Comfort and Don Reid Ford, requesting assistance from anyone who knows how I can contact this company through their website.

• Me
      24th of Feb, 2017

GE is now under Synchrony Financial: https://www.mysynchrony.com/mysyf/carecredit-login.html