GE / dishwasher jenn air

1 17706 Lappans RdFairplay, MD, United States Review updated:

I bought a jenn air modle #jdb108oaws dishwasher from home depo almost two years ago. I bought the exsended warenty. Not even months had gone by
And the dishwasher had problems. The electronic panel wen't bad. So I could not use the dishwasher at all. The company that they called took there time.
They got out and had to order the panel. Well they had to make the panel
Because the dishwasher had been discontinued. So they told me they do not have it in stock. So it took them 6 month to make. Then the second time
It happened again. Now here we are again. The dishwasher was not cleaning
And the panel would only work on the rince cycle. So the company. They sent
Out ordered the spinners and replaced the shelf brackets that came off. That took a month or more.
They said they would order the panel. One month went buy, two, three, I called the company collins of hagerstown, md and she kept saying. It had not come in. It would take a lond time to come in. So I called general electric.
They called collins and collins applince said they had closed that ticket out in october. I said what. Why did they do that. She said they told her it had been repaired. I said new to me. I told her well why did I call there and they tell me it was on order and it would take awhile. She asked when did I call, I said two weeks ago. She said she did not know. I ask to speak to consumer relations. She said she was. She said she would call and get them back out. I said what it would take another 6 months or more again. Yes. Pretty much oh well. Nothing they will do, I told her how about the lemon law. She said it would have to happen 3 times in same year. I said it would of if I would not of had to wait inbetween for then to order the part, so here I wait for then to call the same repair compy that screwed up to come out. It has been over a wek I call because I got a letter that said call. So I cal and they said that it was in a reviw board to see if it is cost affected to replace it. She said she would call me in two days. She left a message on my husbands phone saying that. They were going to send the part in the mail to me and when I get it to call the appliance collins to have them put it in. So I guess it was not cost effective for them. Not that I have been put out and have got to use my dishwasher 3 months since I have bought it. So here I wait for god knows how long to get the part in. I did with out my dishwasher for thanks given and now christmas. Iknow this company does not give a darn, I have told them I have a fractured back and I just broke my knee cap in half. Do you think they care. Nope. All they care is that's it's cost effective. Thanks g& e consumer relations. Nice relations job there, charlene

Comments

• Lv
      4th of May, 2009

GE should offered an equivalent model replacement if they truly cannot repair the one you own. There are also laws, I believe, about how long a company must continue to produce parts, whether the parts are for a vacuum cleaner, an ink refill for an office printer or a dishwasher. A company simply cannot bring out a product one or two years back and then discontinue all serviceable parts a year or two later. That's probably illegal in your state. And if you have the extended warranty read it, because it will say somewhere in there that you will receive an equivalent replacement in the event that nothing can be done to repair your item. This idea that the product was custom made just to repair your dishwasher is probably a lie. These companies will keep on running circles around their baffled customers until their customers read up and get smart and are willing to play hardball. Don't buy into this idea that they don't know about your problem or closed the ticket. They are willfully denying the warranty coverage and that, in itself, is probably a breach of the law if it can be proven.

Contact your attorney general (state) or your state department of consumer affairs to learn your rights. Until we consumers know our rights, they will take advantage of our ignorance.

Consumers, in general, should understand that the government or an attorney's office is where to go for help because there is usually an office or department for every type of consumer concern, and certain states give you even more rights under warranty than the manufacturer does. So don't take some low level GE employee's word for what is legal or not (regarding lemon law or anything else). It is even illegal for them to give you legal counsel without a license!

• Lv
      4th of May, 2009

FYI:

If you bought the extended warranty through another company, they are the ones who are wronging you by not honoring the warranty. You need to name the name of the company that actually denied you the service. Calling GE if some independent warranty provider is now covering your item after the factory warranty expires would be a mistake. Keep ALL paperwork and receipts and make sure you are complaining to the right person.