GE Appliances / poor service
I have a gas oven, XL44 in great condition. I manually locked the door and when it was unlocked the oven still thought it was locked and would not turn on. I paid $97 for a GE technician to come to the house. He diagnosed the oven as needing a new control panel (a $300 repair). He spent 5 minutes here and he did nothing, didn't look into anything, pressed a few buttons on the stove. My brother came over the next day, took the front panel off to find that the hook that the latch should hit when unlocked was not being hit by the latch. It was a 2 minute repair. I called GE to complain that first the tech did NOTHING and second he diagnosed the oven as needing $300 worth of work. I asked for a refund but they wouldn't agree. I didn't receive an apology or anything like it. In fact, they spent the entire phone call arguing with me. I am disgusted by this company and will never purchase a GE product again. It was the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
More GE Appliances Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric Company - adora dishwasher
- General Electric Company - microwave
- General Electric Company - fridge ge-cafe, model cfe28ushlss
- General Electric Company - refrigerator model gz522dmjjfes
- General Electric Company - jes1460ds3bb/microwave oven...