GE Appliances / defective dishwasher

US Review updated:

I have been getting an unbelievable run around on this issue. Everyone points to someone else but no one, no one has offered a resolution.
Let's see if the route does anything as I end up on endless, ridulous hold when calls have been attempted (I hang up after 30 minutes which is more than patient).

I purchased a new GE dishwasher, model DDT595SSJ2SS in September. I used it once and it promptly flooded my basement. GE repair representative and a plumber have both agreed that it is a defective machine having nothing to do with installation.
I want to return the defective machine that resulted in extensive damages and get a brand new one. I purchased a new machine and would expect it to work. I do not want a repaired machine which is the only option I am being given I purchased a new machine and want a new working dishwasher. That to me is fraud and dishonest business practices.
Additionally, your insurance representative has not gotten back to me on damage coverage even though the adjuster report went in over a week ago.
It is already the end of November.
Will I ever get a constructive, satisfying, customer oriented response from GE? At this point
Maxine Goldsmith

Ge
Nov 20, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      Nov 20, 2017

Hi Ms. Goldsmith.

When in September was it purchased? What retailer was it purchased through? Was this installed by a professional or was it self-installed?