GE Appliancescustomer service return policy

N Sep 14, 2017 Review updated:

I ordered a part for my refrigerator order number [protected]. When the part arrived by FedEx, I opened the box and realized it was not what I needed. I was able to actually remove the part I thought needed replacement and fix it myself. I placed the part back in the same shipping box it arrived in and sealed it. I went on line for return instructions and an RMA number, 2984115. When I printed the return label it did not look like a normal return label. No bar code or shipper was designated. I called the number on the return paper, [protected] to ask about the return process. I asked which shipper I should use to return the part. I was told if it arrived by FedEx I should use them. I asked if it was free shipping, I was told yes. Imagine my surprise when I went to FedEx and the following happened: I was told the box that I received the part in from GE, sent by FedEx was unacceptable. I was told that the package needed to be repacked because the content was not protected enough. If I did not do those two things, FedEx could not accept the package. I had no choice and had to have a new box and have it packed according to FedEx standards. My surprise continued when I was told the cost of returning the $70.00 part was $78.32. When I called GE after returning home, I was told I could have returned the part by any shipper I wanted, and they suggested the Post Office. I was also told that GE does not pay for returns. Too late. What awful customer service. If I had known all of this information and misinformation, I would have just thrown the part in the trash. I am moving to a new home and was going to replace all of the appliances with GE. Not now. GE has lost a loyal customer.

• M
      Aug 31, 2018

I too learned the hard way that GE do not have free return shipping. It is hard to find the details of their return policy. I had to search "GE return policy"file at https://customernet.geappliances.com/CustomerNet/docs/ScrapNReturnsPolicy-Retail.pdf. They do not have a searchable "Return Policy".

Also, I was charged $112.27 for the part, but received a $109.84 refund. I call to ask about the refund amount. I was told they do not pay for shipping the part to me since I returned it, therefore, $2.43 was deducted from my refund (slowly shaking my head...you have got to be kidding me). I paid FedEx $10.82 to ship the part back because it did not fit my oven. Should I not receive a $112.27 credit? NEVER again will I ever purchase a GE applicant again and I will share this with many people. Bad GE!