GE Appliances — customer service return policy
I ordered a part for my refrigerator order number [protected]. When the part arrived by FedEx, I opened the box and realized it was not what I needed. I was able to actually remove the part I thought needed replacement and fix it myself. I placed the part back in the same shipping box it arrived in and sealed it. I went on line for return instructions and an RMA number, 2984115. When I printed the return label it did not look like a normal return label. No bar code or shipper was designated. I called the number on the return paper, [protected] to ask about the return process. I asked which shipper I should use to return the part. I was told if it arrived by FedEx I should use them. I asked if it was free shipping, I was told yes. Imagine my surprise when I went to FedEx and the following happened: I was told the box that I received the part in from GE, sent by FedEx was unacceptable. I was told that the package needed to be repacked because the content was not protected enough. If I did not do those two things, FedEx could not accept the package. I had no choice and had to have a new box and have it packed according to FedEx standards. My surprise continued when I was told the cost of returning the $70.00 part was $78.32. When I called GE after returning home, I was told I could have returned the part by any shipper I wanted, and they suggested the Post Office. I was also told that GE does not pay for returns. Too late. What awful customer service. If I had known all of this information and misinformation, I would have just thrown the part in the trash. I am moving to a new home and was going to replace all of the appliances with GE. Not now. GE has lost a loyal customer.
More GE Appliances Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric - dishwasher purchased in nov.
- General Electric Company - washer 
- General Electric - new washing machine doesn't work 
- GE Appliances - home depot delivery of our ge stove
- GE Appliances - incomplete website and ordering information