GE Appliances / bad product

GE Profile Refrigerator Model #PSS26PSWASS
I have had the problem with ice buildup in the back of the vegetable drawer. My fridge was purchased at Lowes. After eight months of complaining, and several visits by GE a technician, they have now done a horrible and ugly job fixing the problem by taping with duct tape, a heater inside the refrigerator!!! When I questioned the technician, he said "I know it is a crappy job, but this is the best I can do". Neither Lowes nor GE have made any attempts to resolve this issue to our satisfaction. I would not recommend buying the GE Profile refrigerator.

Va

Comments

• Va
      22nd of May, 2008

I have a 6 mth old GE refrigerator and have had a repair man out 6 times to make the ice maker dispense ice. Well yesterday the repair man was doing all the GE Tech's told him to do, and they blew out the fridge. Nothing works now. So, we have had to wait 4 + months and now 24-72 hours before the review board can tell the GE Idiots what they can do for us. Until then, we the consumer have to do with out on a Holiday Weekend. Go figure. GE Customer Services Supervisors, you suck at pleasing your customers!!

• Ap
      20th of Mar, 2009

I got my replaced. keep fighting! They admitted they have an abundance of problems with this model and are at the point they have to address all complaints!

• Sk
      3rd of Aug, 2009

Awful refrigerator... I too had complained and had a technician come out here six different times...thank God, I bought the extended warranty... they are in the process of replacing...what did they offer you?

20th of Aug, 2009

I am having the same problem with the GE Profile PFSS6PKW. I bought my GE product from ABT Electorics, they wanted to put DUCT TAPE too. I refused to put DUCT TAPE on a $2500.00 dollars on a product that is less then 16 months old. If I have to I will call the BBB or the Attorney Gerenal office for them to give me a new refrigerator or a refund and I will go out and buy something else.

• Ni
      23rd of Mar, 2010

We bought GE Profile Refrigerator and GE Profile Dishwasher about 3 months ago and both of them are not working properly

GE Profile Refrigerator compressor make huge tremendous noise and GE dined to replace the compressor since it will bring more issue to a unit and GE Profile Dishwasher does not clean dishes and also smart dispenser on dishwasher does not function properly. We will never buy GE appliance again. GE profile appliances are expensive and they do not work proper and GE has the worst customer service where they do not care about customers after they sell their junk appliances

We had 5 service calls for two new appliances and one of the call, technician did not show up and all the other 4 service call, technician refused to fix the problem. Technician also refuse to replace the refund the product as well and to deal with GE customer service rep is the worst experience because they do not listen your problem and they do think we are calling just for refund or replacement. They do not have any plan or curtsy to help the customers. I would stay, STAY AWAY FROM GE APPLIANCE

1st of Dec, 2010

My GE GLD6908RWW is the worst invesstment I ever made, it does not clean anything. In addition, I had to replace my water and ice machine on my refrigeration...Imagination may be at work but your qualifty is well below standards. I have never heard a complaint from Bosch diswasher owners. Your must be last on consumers digest.

• Th
      24th of Dec, 2011

Unfortunately for the product owners out there, Glad to hear I am not alone with my GE fridge issues and many others have experienced issues with their GE Profile PFSS6PKW french door bottom freezer. My experience: Purchased GE Profile PFSS6PKW french door fridge & bottom freezer new in Jan 2008. Cosmetic Stainless Steel front door panels - actually refused delivery of the initial unit from Lowes with dented appearance. Lowes gladly and expeditiously replaced the unit but I then learned shortly thereafter that the panels on many other units all look horrible in the correct lighting. Product quality is very disappointing. Icemaker (when it works) sounds like someone is breaking into the house - no kidding, it's the loudest clunkiest device I've owned since those old wind up jumping toys as a kid in the 1960's. I replaced the original icemaker within the 1st year since the ice maker's bucket overfill arm got stuck down and broke off when I tried to remove the ice bucket to see what was causing no ice to be made. New icemaker then made ice, sporadically, sometimes working fine, other times going for days without making ice. The icemaker has never worked correctly. Now today, 12/24/2011, the water dispensing barely dispenses water acting like pressure is restricted after normal replacement of the water filter. The filter being replaced was pushed off the mounting flange with great pressure and now the water flow is super low with both new (and old) filter. Previous filter removal over the years has displayed high back pressure before and is mentioned in the product documentation so I was not concerned at the time. Now I'm beginning to wonder if that is what may possibly have damaged someting within the internal water dispensing valves. I did try the old filter again to make sure I didn't have a faulty filter and the low flow is still a problem even with the old filter, which was just fine just before replacing the old filter. We are now discussing unloading this unit while the fridge & freezer still seem to work to avoid further problems and continued disappointment. GE seems to have really missed the boat with these Samsung OEM devices branded by GE. I have had much better luck with some of their other products but this fridge is a great disappointment.

• Pa
      14th of May, 2013

purchased GE top freezer refrigerator in 2006 because consumer report gave it a high rating. in 7 years the ice maker has stopped working 3 times due to clogged line and now it need a motor. the evaporation fan motor is being replaced for the second time in 20 months. GE only warrants parts for 90 days (go figure, they know they won't last). one repairman said they Get a lot of complaints on GE products. I'll never purchase their products again

• Bo
      16th of Apr, 2017

I have had issues with one of GEs high end microwaves. After a half dozen visits by the techies and a dozen calls to customer service, all of which yieded nothing but frustration, I finally wrote a letter to the President of the Appliance Division. To his credit, he personally called to apologize and after some discussion, he agreed to exchange the unit with a newer version that was in reality a significant upgrade. Other than some nuisance issues with the electronic controls, which are easily remedied when they occur, the unit has worked fine ever since.

The problem, like with most big companies, they don't authorize their customer service people to make decisions. Yes, they would probably have to train them better and most likely have to pay more to get people with good judgment but it would save them in the long run and certainly improve their customer service ratings.