Future Shop / Warranty

1 New Brunswick, Canada Review updated:

Do not buy the extended warranty at Future shop it run parallel to the manufacturer warranty. I bought 2 computers with a 3 year warranty for both. When I went to the store in Moncton on Trinity drive last year they said I had to deal with manufacture as the Acer Monitor was still under Manufacture warranty, and that my 3 year warranty was not in effect this this year 2010. Now the monitor has the same problem as last year, Acer states that Warranty is expired and Futureshop now changed their story to say that my 3 years extended warranty that I paid 200.00 for is expired also. That this warranty start the minute I bought the items.
The warranty is a money grab and a scam.
I will never buy there again.

Comments

• Cr
      30th of May, 2012

the warinty starts the day you purchased it.. however some pruducts futureshop makes you deal with the manufacture in the first year of the contract. there could be some things the manufacture dosent cover that your psp contract does cover. if that was the situation then they would help you out. i agree that a 3 year contract is more like a 2 year and a 2 year is more like a 1 year.. but to recap again..
    not all products require you to deal with the manufacture
    and #2 there are allot of products that cover way more than the manufacture covers even in the first year..