Having problems with MDG?

MDG reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 14, 2007. The latest review fraud/ stealing customers money was posted on Dec 5, 2019. The latest complaint Rip offs was resolved on Nov 12, 2014. MDG has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 43 reviews. MDG has resolved 19 complaints.

MDG Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 906 0975 (United States)
3422 Old Capitol Trail, PMB# 1993
Head Office in Canada
2940 Bristol Circle, Oakville, Ontario, Canada, L6H 6G4

MDG Complaints & Reviews

Dec 05, 2019

MDG — fraud/ stealing customers money

This company needs to be investigated through the BBB, because they put all this interest rate on their...

Nov 05, 2019

MDG — order

I submitted an order and was prequalified Went through the whole process, they asked for my sin number and...

MDG leather recliner couch and double love seat recliner

I financed a double love seat that reclines it came and it worked great for a few weeks now it gets stuck when it reclines also my black leather recliner couch I purchased came and it doesn't recline at all I have sent videos and pictures to Mdg and they won't replace it I was told when I wifjend up for this company that you could return things this company is terrible I am paying 81 dollars a month for things that don't work I am not going to pay one more dime till these problems are fixed I changed bank accounts so that Mdg can't take my money until this is fixed please respond

MDG Shipping concerns

December 16th I apply for credit, instant accepted (shocker...)

December 16th only applied cause I wanted a 75" tv for Christmas to myself

Clicked add to cart to find out that it is not able to be shipped to my house (which is next to a major city...

December 17th Contacted mdg and was advised that the item is too large to ship to my house using their carrier who delivers the large items... cause ups or purolator is too expensive

BUT the guy would look into it and call me back within an hour

December 18th, still no contact, so I all back and speak to a different guy who said same thing but felt that it should be deliverable, and would call me back within the hour,

December 19th, NO CALL BACK (shockerrrrr) so I receive an email asking me to provide a survey, or i can go straight to management with my complaints...

December 19th I filed a complaint outlining my displeasure with grave detail,

December 20th 10:13pm NO CALL BACK (this is a growing trend here) so I send yet again ANOTHER complaint via the survey

DECEMBER 27th... after countless messages I still received NO response

Hey mdg if this is how you do business, then dont ever contact me again for your products, this is the most unprofessinal company I have ever dealt with, follow up with your customers should be #1 priority!!!

Fix your system!! Cause its costing you business !!!

Problem #2

There is a huge price discrepancy between what's showing on their site vs what that are actually charging me

And it indicates on bbb complaint that its because it's a members and non members price,

But theres clearly NO indication on the pricing showed that theres a difference if your a member or not

Shipping concerns
    Shipping concerns

MDG — 65" hisense 4k tv h8

I received the tv I ordered today. Set it up and turned it on and nothing but a black screen. Does not do...

MDG — issues with verification and my sales rep

Hello my name is Michael Conklin my order number is 2548248 I ordered the xbox one x and I have sent in all...

MDG Computers Canada Inc. — I signed a contract with mdg they in return will not give me my product after they took my money

Date 08/20/2018... I purchased 2 items with mdg I fulled the required down payment..in return the said after...

MDG Computers — laptop purchase

Tried to Purchase a Laptop in the US, while still paying on one in Canada, AFTER they took my shipping and...

MDG — Beware

Don't take credits from them, be careful. Several days ago they gave me a $4000 credit, but everything looked...

MDG Canada — Rip offs

This company is awful. Boyfriend got a computer, was approved and had been paying for a year, making...

MDG — Shipping Charges

so I look at getting one of the laptops from them. Its $1407 dollars, ok and you get a Free 32 Gig 8" tablet...

MDG Computers — Bogus charges and it is impossible to cancel them

I noticed two unauthorized charges from my account, and the company MDG computers Canada took from me about...

MDG Computers — STILL TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT

Right now, I have a few items I am paying for through MDG. Two of the items were laptop computers, both in...

MDG SubscriptionsRandomly charged me

MDG Subscriptions randomly charged me for $2.50 and then for $39. I have never even heard of this company. I had to cancel card and dispute the charges. It seems that a lot of other people have also complained about this company.

MDG Direct — herassing me

I was approved from them had to pay 150.00 not sure were that is from but anyhow I deal with another provider...

MDG Canada — Incorrect Statement Calculations

MDG Canada has been added to my list of companies I would never recommend to anyone. They are extremely...

MDG CanadaHighly Unprofessional

MDG Canada has definitely landed on my list of companies never to recommend to anyone. MDG Canada is very unprofessional and I wouldn't be surprised if they are actually ripping people off due to incorrect calculations by their billing system.

I had issues with MDG from the start, but today I received an email notifying me that my monthly statement is ready. So I go and check and after carefully examining the online billing statement I realize that the values are not totaling correctly. They show your 'Previous Principal Balance', subtract your payments, add interest and admin fees, then show your 'New Principal Balance'. The problem is that the New Principal Balance is showing the same as the Previous Principal Balance. Now the only way that could occur is if the credits are equal to the charges, but the credits are greater than the charges, therefor the new principal balance should be less than the previous principal balance.

They tried to explain to me that the numbers do not add up because the interest is charged on the same day as my billing statement. They said that depending on the day when your bill is generated that the number will or will not total properly. They confirmed with me that there a group of people where the statement add up properly and another group of people that are getting incorrect totals on the statements. If that's not unprofessional I don't know what is.

The statements are generated using Crystal Reports so I'm assuming it may just be poor programming and incorrect logic in their calculations. But if they can overlook the billing statement calculations that they send out to ALL of their customers, what other system calculations are being miscalculated? Maybe the interest calculations are stealing pennies at a time from everyone over time?

They also show a current balance value which seems to be the correct value, but shouldn't the current balance equal the new principal balance? Anyhow so speaking with representatives at MDG went nowhere as I had anticipated. I was hung up on by the first girl I was talking with when she was supposedly was getting a supervisor, then also hung up on by the second girl when she told me the supervisor had apparently left the building since it was after hours. Now I'm not sure if any of you have worked at call centers before, but I know that there is ALWAYS a supervisor somewhere during call center operations, although they typically do not like to take supervisor calls.

So then I decided to let people know of my horrible experience with MDG. If I don't advise people of my experience with them, how will anyone else know ahead of time? So I made a post on their Facebook page, which was very quickly removed and my facebook account was blocked from making any more posts.

Anyhow MDG Canada is an unprofessional company with unprofessional staff and inexperienced developers. I would never recommend MDG to anyone, they don't deserve to be in business.

Highly Unprofessional

• Rj
            RJCAMPBELL Mar 21, 2013

100% AGREEABLE, i started a post and within 7 hrs. it was delted from facebook.i will be reposting via my control shortly, the story from start to finish along with email exchanged via both parties.my last phone meeting ended up with a very unpolite person hanging up the phone in my ear, just after i was threathened they were going to lock my electronics units with a software they have in stalled by company befor you receive it.(( isn, t that illegal hacking))) after everything is posted i, ll let the public decide on the outcome of the whole issue. WITH MDG EMPLOYEES NOT MAKING SURE THE CUSTOMER COMES FIRST.

MDG CanadaHorrible Business

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE!! No body there know what they`re doing. It is an absolute JOKE.
          I bought a computer from them 7 years ago that didn`t work when we got it. We sent it back and waited 8 months for the new one which only lasted 8 months before it too, overheated and needed new parts.
          Apart from them their financing is ###. I phoned 7 years ago and filled out an application with someone who was taking over the financing from me. We sent in their social insurance information, drivers licence, work info., living info. all the things you`d need for financing. I was told by someone at MDG that this would mean the account was no longer in my name.
          5 years later I find out that not only is it still in my name but that they don`t have any information on the person we added to the file and it has been affected MY credit this whole time (even though it had NOTHING to do with me anymore).
          EVERY SINGLE TIME I PHONE no one knows what they`re talking about. I get transferred to at least 6 different people and spend on average 60 minutes on hold. NEVER EVER EVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

• 65
              654s35d May 19, 2015

I started making payments on a computer .
              After about 6 months, I couldn't afford it anymore.
              I called them and told them this, and attempted to return the computer. They told me NO RETURNS, NO EXCEPTIONS.
              So, what the H*** am I supposed to do now.
              Well, I stopped paying, changed my bank account, and now its been 2 years since.
              They have been calling me, (sorry a "lawyer for mdg" ) has been calling me threatening to sue if I don't pay it NOW.
              I would recommend keeping any and all documents, as well as emails.
              They are absolute crooks! Our computer was 1700$ and after 2 years, our balance was still over 1500$!!! I was making payments of $100 a month, so lets do the math; ***** = so thats 1200$ a year, so 2 years, i've paid 2400$!!! but supposedly I still have a balance of 15hundred/something...!!/!//??
              The better business bureau should shut them down for good!!! so they cant do this to anyone else!!

MDG — Rip off

Yep, as I see, MDG is still in the business of ripping off the consumers! we bought a desktop from thi...

MDG Computers — Fraudulent Service

Fraud! Liars - I took my computer in as it wouldn't start. They told me they would run a diagnostic...

London