FTD Florist / I will never use them again

On May 7th, 2008 I went online to order flowers for Mother's Day from FTD.com. My girlfriend and I ordered flowers for both our mothers.

Ten minutes after we place our order, I get a call from a FTD customer service representative stating that "the flowers that I have chosen are not available at a florist nearby" (bs, but anyways), "and that I could call FTD and speak with a rep or he would cancel my order and not charge my credit card." So I said "thanks but cancel my order." 5 minutes later I get an email from FTD stating that they cannot Process my order, and it will therefore be cancelled, and my credit card will not be charged.

So at this point you are all going, great what’s the problem. Here it is, needing flowers for mother's day I find a florist in both of our mother's home towns and order directly from them (should have done this in the 1st place). So I now have flowers going to our mothers perfect. Mother's day arrives and both mothers get the FTD flowers (the cancelled order) and the new flowers that I got from another florist because FTD cancelled my order.

So I patiently wait to see online if they have charged the flowers to my account, and yes you guessed it; they DID.

So I call there customer service rep, and discuss the matter with a very nice rep (Jessica), and explain my situation. She gives me the generic "well we have no records of calling you or sending you an email." and "if the flowers were delivered there isn't much we can do." HOLD ON you cancelled my order and then reinstate it with out telling me and "there's not much you can do???" So reluctantly I hang up because she informs me that she cannot discuss the matter further until she calls the flower shops to see if the flowers were indeed sent.

Fine I call back the next day and talk to 1 customer service rep, same story, so I talk to her manager, same story, so I go one level higher, same story. By this point the time I spent on hold in-between talking to someone grew in length (if we bore him with the hold music maybe he will go away). Once I finally talk to the 5th person, he informs me that I will be refunded my money BUT (this is the best part) to inform the people I got the flowers sent to that that the florist will be coming to pick them up!!! HAHA so FTD screws up and is going to get the florist to clean it up. The florist calls my mother, and she tells the florist the story, and she says "enjoy the flowers that is a waste of out time/$ for their mistake."

So I will never use FTD again, and I advise you to stay away from them as well.

Va

Comments

14th of May, 2008

yes FTD does suck. i have a long story as well but dont have the time that i'd like to explain it. But same deal, Mothers Day flowers this past week. 2008. They totally messed everything up, messed up the whole surprise and everything, with lame excuses. i did however get a refund pretty quick, but i will NEVER do business with them again. bottom line.

• Da
      19th of Aug, 2008

I had ordered flowers for my wife and was given the run around and no flowers were ever delivered.I just called my bank and had the fraud dept. cancel my account.Has anyone filed a complaint with the INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER?

1st of May, 2009

I ordered flowers online for my mothers birthday--I got a confirmation number and my credit card was charged. No flowers ever arrived. I called the 800 number listed 10 times over a two week period. These are all independent reps and all they can do is "send messages". I signed up online and sent two messages off and I have never once received a phone call back, the flowers were never delivered. They have no customer service and my card it still charged. I called the credit card to file a dispute. I also filed a complaint with the better business beauru and don't ever, ever, order from them. Go directly to a reputable flowerist that you or someone else knows and recommends! This is fradulant!

• Eo
      13th of May, 2011

I will never use FTD again. Simply put, if they do not hold their florists accountable, then they clearly do not need my business/money. I ordered a Mother's Day bouquet ("Dreamland Pink Bouquet" consisting of pink roses and peruvian lillies) this year, and had the option of 3 different price point arrangements: 14 stems with vase at $39.99, 20 stems with vase at $49.99, and 26 stems with vase at $59.99. After shipping and handling charges, the total for the order came to $90.98. I decided to go big and get the nicest, most expensive arrangment for my Mom. The photo depictions of the arrangements on their website show how each bouquet SHOULD look. Needless to say, when the flowers were delivered to my Mom's house, I was extremely disappointed and angry. The photos attached show what the arrangement was supposed to look like, and of course, the weak flowers that were actually delivered. After contacting FTD, they asked if the stem count was correct (which it was), and then explained that they could not verify nor hold the florist they used to locally arrange and deliver the flowers accountable. For $90.98, I would hope that I was getting what paid for... I guess not. And that is that, I will never again use FTD, and will encourage others to send their business to 1800flowers.com (who have always been spot on with my past orders) or other businesses that actually give a hoot about their customers.

• Ro
      11th of Feb, 2018

FTD sucks. I ordered and they duped my order and sent the dupe to the wrong address. They will never get an order from me.