Menu
FTD Companies
reviews & complaints

FTD Companies
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

99 complaints
35 resolved 64 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of FTD Companies. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
11:30 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

FTD Companies - false advertising

So I decided to go through ftd.com to have flowers delivered to my fiancee at her work. I ordered the big hug bouquet medium size pictured totalling $70.00. I found out my fiancee would not be at the office i was having delivered so i called ftd to have the date changed. The guy i spoke to was obviously foreign and hardly understood me but i thought he had my address changed. So come Valentines day not only did they deliver the flowers fifteen minutes after her office was closed (luckily someone was still there) they delivered them to the wrong address that i originally had tried to change. This isnt even the best part, theres was only five flowers bloomed out of a total of twelve and they were all wilted. The ones that werent bloomed were brown because they had obviously been left out unrefrigerated. I uploaded two pictures one is how the bouquet is listed on the site and the other is what she actually recieved. Rip off I still have yet to get hold of anyone regarding a refund.

View 0 more photos
Update by eclipse41986
Feb 15, 2011 2:11 am

No sp I don't bear any blame because ftds florist they contract with should be able to deliver the product as said by erin. Its hard to tell by the pic but its like they didn't even attempt to make it even look halfway descent.

Feb 15, 2011 4:49 am

I make no excuse for the poster and the issues with the change of address but chances are with the flowers looking that bad they wouldnt have exactly looked any better no matter where they were delivered.

Feb 15, 2011 4:49 am

SP- I dont agree. If a company promises a product they should be able to deliver on it. Delivery practices are not the concern of the client. If they wont be able to provide what they claim due to delivery practices then they need to change something. Most flower trucks are refridgerated and if this one wasnt for some reason you should have to shell out $70 for dead flowers, period.

FTD Companies - poor quality and service

I ordered a Rose bouquet on Tuesday, 2/8, for Valentine's Day to be delivered on Saturday, 2/12, and paid $75.57 including shipping and tax. When my wife received it today, 2/12, the bouquet was so small in height (10") and width (5") that it couldn't have been worth more than $25 including shipping and tax (see picture below). I also ordered the "Better"...

View 0 more photos
3:14 pm

FTD Companies - ugly flowers

My husband sent me the ugliest roses I have ever seen from FTD today. They are called "Rainbow Roses" which are roses that have been dyed multiple colors. I was shocked when I received them, thinking it was some sort of a gag. I called FTD and they said that was what he ordered, and I found out that he paid $80 for a dozen of them! I told them that they...

3:29 pm

FTD Companies - rip off

FTD practices false advertising and uses below par florists to complete their orders. I ordered a specific arrangement knowing that there might be substitutions. However, a good florist would only substitute using other flowers and vases that would still give the overall effect of the arrangement selected. They did not and then in less than 6 hours reduced the price of the arrangement I had selected. They were only willing to deliver a new arrangement the next day will the embarrassment of picking up the first arrangement. They only offered a discount when I saw the price reduction. I didn't check reviews online first. If I had I would not have used them. Don't make the same mistake. Call a local florist in the area where you want the flowers delivered! You'll be better off.

Hide full review

Alex reached out to me a week ago promising a full refund. I haven't seen this yet and am awaiting a response.

0 0

Alex reached out to me via email a week ago promising a full refund. I have not seen this yet and am awaiting a response.

Dear Tyamilia,

I show that we have refunded you for your purchase. I would also like to offer to send a complimentary arrangement for your troubles. I will reach out to you asap. You can also feel free to contact me via e-mail at [email protected] or call me direct at [protected].

Dear Valued Customers,

I would just like to post some contact information in the event that you are having any difficulties reaching our company. If you call the number posted on your e-mail confirmation with a problem and feel that you're not getting any results, please contact our local number at [protected]. You can also e-mail me personally at [email protected] Our goal is to provide you with excellent service and that you wont feel the need to resort to using this board as a means to voice any complaint you might have. We will do our absolute best to resolve your issue.

0 0

Good evening. I placed an order through their website on Wednesday 13 February 2013. I ordered product 13-V8, the large version at a cost of $89.98 after the service charge. Their on-line catalog shows this to be a really nice display of roses with a pretty heart-shaped vase. On 15 February, a day late, a completely different and much smaller arrangement was delivered to my wife. I have called their 800 number several (5) times and someone takes my information, ostensibly for a return call. I have not received a return call, and I have not received the refund that I asked for after my 4th call to them. I originally simply wanted the arrangement that I ordered delivered as promised but by the fourth call only wanted a refund. My order number was [protected]. I really hope that others see this so they don't get ripped off as I have.

Chris Potter

T
Feb 13, 2013 4:49 am

I Tyamilia M. ordered flowers for a co-worker and they NEVER received them they was ordered on Feb. 4 2013 the money was taken out on the same day. Down Hill from there I called and spoke with some one and she was VERY unhelpful and I think that by me calling today which is Feb.13, 2013 and she would say wow you never received them but know i get oh ok. ;( .I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM HERE AGAIN

Sep 28, 2010 4:49 am

We take every complaint seriously, in the event you need to address us directly, please find the contact information below:

11:49 am

FTD Companies - takes money, and delivers flowers whenever they feel like.

I ordered some flowers for my Mom this Mother's Day off of FTD(dot)com. I have had problems ordering flowers in the past from other websites, but thought I would be safe with what I thought was a reputable company. Imagine my chagrin and anger when the flowers I paid for never arrived on my Mom's special day.

When my order had not been delivered over 24 hours after the requested delivery date, I patiently emailed the customer service contact on the FTD website. The email I received told me to wait another 48 hours for processing of my complaint. After I had still not been contacted for two days, I emailed again. Another 24 hours passed, and I finally called the telephone hotline.

The representative I spoke to was not only difficult to understand because of her extremely thick accent and quick-speaking manner, she was flippant and unhelpful in regards to all my complaints. No matter what I said, she kept repeating the same two phrases again and again; "We apologize for the delay, " and "The flowers should be delivered soon, " was all I could get her to say. When I specifically stated that I wanted a refund of my money, or at the very least a coupon for a free future purchase, she basically told me to 'have a nice day' and hung up on me.

The flowers were finally delivered to my Mom, but only after it had been well over a week from the time I originally ordered, with no real explanation for their tardiness. To top it all off and add insult to injury, the flowers sent barely matched the bouquet I ordered off the website; at a percentage of about 50% correctness. I am utterly and completely dissatisfied with the service of their website and company, and will never patronize them again. I have more than half an inclination to contact the Better Business Bureau to at least warn them about these shoddy and deceitful business practices.

I expected better from such a well-known name in the flower business, and this why I want to make sure other consumers find out about how they really act. This company could not have gotten more things wrong with the overall experience had they been trying deliberately. I was foiled at every step of the process, and remain highly pissed off even some time later.

I would have probably let it go, but they continue to send me emails several times a week about their specials, even though I have 'unsubscribed' from their newsletters twice! Then, today, they had the nerve to send me a guilt-trip notice, asking why I hadn't filled out their customer satisfaction survey. Well, I filled it out all right, and I let them know exactly how I feel about them without mincing words.

For shame, FTD! You ruined Mother's Day. I hope you go bankrupt!

K
May 12, 2011 4:49 am

the website does explain it. it explains nothing however about the fact that this company is taking advantage of the shields it can hide behind. if you read this and decide to buy through this company, please come back and tell us how it went. i'm willing to bet the flowers were not received on time or even at all. and lord forbid you have to call them. you better have a lot of patience and the willingness to repeat the most simple of statements to someone who has already decided what to say back to you before you even got on the phone. the people are professionals at one thing. and that is beating around the bush. p.s. when all is done and you just want your money back since you're clearly not getting flowers, wait for the manager (the only manager) who is on the other line for at least the next 15 minutes. that is the only person to say anything more then i understand. but it does sound like the same person for some reason...

Dec 24, 2010 4:49 am

I ordered five arrangements to be sent to different locations on Monday (December 21, 2010) and had asked them to be delivered on Wednesday (December 22) or Thursday (December 23). As of Friday noon (December 24th) they were not delivered. They have outsourced delivery information to FEDEX which is not reporting any deliveries as of noon on Friday. Previously, I ordered from local florists in each friend's town... it's more work, but at least they get the job done. Any time I saved consolidating the orders online is lost on this follow up and the anxiety and embarrassment is not worth the time "saved."
BTW... Customer service experience on the telephone was similar to the above complaint. After waiting on hold for 10 minutes.. I could not understand 1/3 of every sentence that this person spoke... ( I can speak three languages and live in a cosmopolitan city... so that's pretty bad customer service)

11:09 pm

FTD Companies - no delivery, no refunds

On 5/7, we placed an order for mother's day flowers to be delivered. According to their website, "Same day FTD flowers delivery offer applies to online flowers delivered within the U.S. and Canada if placed before 12 noon Mon-Sat." So we requested to have them delivered on 5/7. Well, no flowers have been delivered up to today (5/13). I have called them...

11:56 am

FTD Companies - sends dead flowers

Pretty simple my husband sent me flowers for Mother's Day and this florist (for want of a better word) sent little pink roses that were half dead and literally stuffed into the vase. Had to take them out and put them in fresh water and try to save them but they were dead in two days. Complained to FTD and they were going to replace the flowers, this of course never happened so my husband is basically out a chunk of money. Poor service, dead flowers and no effort to make good on the dead beat up flowers they sent. FTD should never have used this local florist and FTD should learn some customer service skills and fix what was wrong. Hello Pro Flowers! I read all the other complaints about FTD and I'm amazed they are still in business.

G
9:28 am

FTD Companies - don't order from them

I placed an order online through FTD Flowers. The florist that they placed this order with delivered flowers that were in the process of dying. When the recipient called to let them know the flowers were dying they sent over another bouquet of flowers that were a bunch of wild flowers. They did not replace the order with the arrangement that I ordered and were very rude to therecipient “What is the problem” is their exact words to her.

I called FTD to request a refund or replacement of the order; they put me on hold to call the vendor to request a replacement. The vendor refused to send another bouquet because they had already sent a replacement. When you pay for a specific flower you expect the vendor to send that arrangement, I paid for Roses & Lilly’s not wild flowers.

They are now offering me a 20% discount refund after placing 6 calls with them. I WILL NEVER PLACE AN ORDER WITH FTD.

K
Aug 12, 2021 4:49 am

Neither will I

May 10, 2010 4:49 am

At least your flowers made it to your mother. I ordered flowers last Wednesday to be delivered by Saturday. I called Saturday and they said the order was for Saturday or Sunday - which was a lie! I called again on Sunday and they told me they would be delivered. I checked with my mother Sunday night -she said they never got there. I am on the phone right now with customer service and they said, "oh, hold on a minute while we process a refund." No remorse. No, "I am sorry that we cannot even handle the one thing we are in existence to do." WORTHLESS! The only option was re-deliver (which by the way is not redelivering when they didn't even try to deliver in the first place) or refund. Never offered to deliver and give me a credit or anything. WHat a crap company. NEVER AGAIN AND I ADVISE ANYONE WHO IS TRYING TO DELIVER FLOWERS TO LOOK ONLINE, FIND A REPUTABLE FLORIST LOCALLY AND HAVE THEM DO IT DIRECTLY. FTD IS THE MOST HEARTLESS, WORTHLESS DIRECT RETAIL COMPANY I HAVE COME INTO CONTACT WITH - AND THAT IS SAYING A LOT!

W
May 09, 2010 4:49 am

I strongly agree. I ordered flowers for Mother's Day. FTD advertised a unique arrangement of a dozen pink roses in a slim rectangular vase. It was advertised for 54.99. They charged me 69.99. There was a 19.99 service and delivery charge. I could have lived with all of that but they delivered multi-colored red and white roses in a plain clear vase. When I ordered teh arrangement I told the rep that if they didn't have that very arrangement, I wanted to do something else. She checked and told me they did have it at the shop the order was going to so it would be no problem. The item delvered beared NO resemblance of what was advertised. When I called they offered a 20% reduction. Let me see - you overcharge, you deliver some entirely different than what was ordered, your rep on the phone was not very helpful. Yea, that's fair. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM FTD AGAIN!

5:11 pm

FTD Companies - awful attitude and stupid workers

I ordered flowers online with this company because they were a ftd florist local to the area that I needed them delivered to. The driver couldn't find the house, spoling the surprise, having to call for directions.

With delivery charges I paid approx. $50 for a small, three flower arrangement. The day the arrangement was delivered one flower died, by the second day the other 2 flowers were dead.

I called the petal patch florist and the lady told me this is a common problem with this type of flower and they don't know they even sell this arrangement. What? No offer to replace or refund - just that this is a common issue with this type of flower, that they don't live well in foam. I told her that it cost her a customer and she let it go with a "too bad" attitude. I can't hardly believe it!

S

NTR:Acoptimumcs is a diet company that sells a bottle of pills online for a sample price of $1.50 for the first bottle. Then if you don't catch it in 14 days they will not only not refund your money but they won't even let you speak to a supervisor to talk about it. They use some ### excuse that if I had read the terms and agreement on the trail date I automatically get charged. So instead of helping you they want to screw you out of money...BE WARNED!

FTD Companies - another company charged my bank account

I ordered flowers for my daughter in December 2009 using my debit card. I noticed 2 months later I had a charge for $12. I didn't pay too much attention to it - thought my husband may have ordered something on line. In March I noticed the same charge so I called the 800 number on my bank statement. The person said the name of the company was shopper and...

10:18 am

FTD Companies - never again

Where do I begin? My husband ordered me flowers for a surprise (he's deployed) for SAME DAY delivery and they didn't come on that day. He had to tell me he ordered them and have me call customer service, because he doesn't get access to phones as often. I called and the lady was very nice and put the order in for the following Monday (I called on Saturday. They were supposed to be there on Tuesday!). He STILL got charged for the Same Day Delivery which I don't think is fair. When they finally came, the arrangement looked thrown together and the roses (all 3 of them) were already brown on the tips of the petals. I can't believe the arrangement was $54. It was NOT worth it at all. This is not the first time this has happened. We ordered Mother's Day flowers for our moms and they were wilting! It just REALLY makes me mad that my husband, who is deployed, wanted to do something nice and these incompetent people can't handle their business! They should NOT be advertising the same day delivery if they can't arrange for it to come on that day and they need to get BETTER flowers! We will no longer be doing business with them.

B
7:18 pm

FTD Companies - undelivered order / refund not as promised

I placed an order for a plant to be delivered on Dec 23rd. On Dec 25th I spoke to the recipient and they had not received the delivery from FTD - turns out the delivery person delivered the plant to an incorrect address. The customer service person I spoke to offered to re-deliver the plant (mind you - the delivery would be 3 days after Christmas) at a 50% off discount. When I received my credit card statement, the full original amount was charged to my credit card. When I called the customer service line again - they said the prices went up after Christmas so they gave me a discount to help reduce the increased charge. This is a complete scam. I will NEVER EVER order from FTD again and I am sending a letter to the better business bureau as well. DO NOT USE FTD!

J

FTD Companies - flowers never delivered for a funeral

Ordered a $150+ funeral arrangement online on behalf of myself and 3 friends for delivery one day prior to the body viewing and received a confirmation. Upona arriving at the viewing there were NO flowers. A call to FTD only did not provide results--the only solution was to cancel the order. A day later a charge hit my credit card. I called FTD again and the rep explained that a credit was being processed. I asked about the service failure and all she could say was that the florist screwed up. Absolutely no consulation for the embarassment experienced by msyelf and my friends.

I've never had this problem with Proflowers.com or 1800Flowers.com. I'll be using them for all of my future floral needs and will NEVER AGAIN USE FTD.

Warning to all: If you order from FTD, timely delivery is not guarateed and it would appear that management of the participating florists is lax. Go for Proflowers.com or 1800Flowers.com for maximum satisfaction.

Hide full review

FTD screwed me too - I ordered nice arrangement for mother-in-law... it never showed up - sent four emails and never got a response fro FTD. Finally after many phone calls got a delivery (after her B-Day) and all I got for $65 was a shriveled handful of tea roses in a paper bag. DO NOT TRUST FTD!

J
5:55 pm

FTD Companies - avoid ftd — bait and switch flowers

The website displays some pricy but beautiful looking flowers. Cost if $70 includes a $17 delivery/service charge. So I ordered it for my wife's birthday. The flowers that were delivered were a poor pale shadow of what was shown in the web site -- delivered by a local company. I ask him the cost and he said they were $20-25 if we pick it up. The problem is not so much the cost, but the quality of the product. Avoid FTD at all costs.

B

I agree, FTD sucks

N
2:03 pm

FTD Companies - substandard flower/plant

To: FTD.com,
This is regarding a small floral arrangement sent by my sister (S. Majumdar) from CA to LA (order #E2539648). FTD delivered the small rose plant with yellow flowers on time, but the quality is a different matter. The plant, when arrived, had four wilting flowers two of which already had brown decaying patches. After a day, the leaves started falling off. This is after the best care we took according to the instructions. Now, after three days, the plant is almost dead.
I'm wondering who on earth should spend money to send a plant like that? At a fraction of the cost one can walk into a Walmart store and get a much better plant with healthier flowers. FTD has to improve its quality, and it is doubtful I would ever recommend FTD to others. It was a big disappointment.
Thanks.
-NP

Oct 17, 2010 4:49 am

To FTD
I was very, very disappointed with the miniture rose plants sent to me for my birthday from my sister-friend. The gift order #E4220084 (SUK:PR44 Sunshine Wishes Birthday) were delivered late and very wilted and was anything but "SUNSHINE". FTD tried to correct the problem but they failed because the second plants sent were worse than the first. They were so "dead" I believe they were dead before they were package. I could not believe the plants came from a local florist - they appeared to have been in a war, they were really, really that awful.
I will not give FDT a third chance to correct their problem, I do hope they give my friend C. Keene the refund she deserve.
A Lee
New York

G
3:30 pm

FTD Companies - non delivery

Flower order was placed June 1st for delivery on June 6th, which did not happen. I called thier customer service dept. and was assured that the flowers would be delivered the next day and I would get a phone call from them to vrify that was done. No flowers where delivered and I recieved no phone call. The same situation occured the next day and the next dayand the next day and the next day.Today, 6 days later the flowers have still not been delivered.

Feb 21, 2011 4:49 am

I own and operate a local florist.Walmart and other big retailers has stolen our business and they get bigger and bigger every year.Now FTD and Teleflora offer you flowers less than what we can pay for them and thats another cut of our business.Both wire services and 1 800 flowers offer more than any florist could possiably deliver.Then to top it off, they will discount for near nothing and ship it out of there warehouse with no refridgeration at all.FTD, Teleflora and especially 1 800 flowers, Blooms today, are nothing but a bunch of greedy people preying on the american public, the only thing they will look out for is their pocketbook.Sue Avery, Drummonds Florist

M
7:38 pm

FTD Companies - scam and cheating

We ordered a "pastel palette bouquet' for mom's 84th birthday. she received, "sweet delight", red and purple valentine's bouquet. InBloom the local florist had only red. There "like" bouquet or substituion was $10 less. For an order of $104, I am so perturbed she did not receive at least pastel roses. Ftd substituion clause should have a note saying, xma...

10:58 pm

FTD Companies - horrible service

Worst flower company I have ever used! Not only were the flowers not delivered on time, they were the wrong flowers. On top of that, I had to leave work to pick them up myself. When I called for a refund, they will not issue my refund until the florist picks the flowers back up. This is the worst service I have ever used. I will never come back to this company ever again. On their website they state "Satisfaction Guaranteed" is compleatly false because I am not satisfied! I have used ProFlowers before and had a problem but instead of picking the flowers back up, they gave me a full refund and a new set of flowers. That is the type of service and business I want to do business with again.

5:04 am

FTD Companies - didn't deliver as advertised, then didn't cancel and refund

I had forgotten that it was Mother's Day back in Canada last Sunday, and so Saturday afternoon I searched through FTD for a florist that would deliver on Sunday. Took me a while, because a lot of the listings didn't specify delivery availability until check-out (which I went through several times).

Finally I found one that advertised same day delivery, 7 days a week, as long as orders were in before noon of that day. Well, this was the day before, so hurray for me, right? I gave them my mother-in-law's phone number as a contact. By 6pm that evening (EDT) they call to say they cannot deliver until Monday.

Sunday morning I tried calling them 3 times (they claim to have a 24hr number, but the answering machine conveniently doesn't work). This was 9am in the UK, so 4am their time. Finally I send an email marked urgent, and request both a delivery and read receipt - got the former, but not the latter, as you can choose not to acknowledge receipt.in the email I cancelled my order, specifying that I only paid their ridiculous surcharge for delivery because it was going to be delivered on Sunday. I could have paid half the price from half a dozen other local florists, both for the flowers and delivery, if I wanted delivery on Monday. I also sent a formal complaint to FTD online.

Now it is Tuesday, my mother tells me the flowers were delivered yesterday, and I have not heard a peep about my cancellation or complaint. They may be hoping that I will just go away and forget about it, but they are wrong. I didn't get what I paid for, and I even asked for it to be cancelled beforehand. I want a full refund!

M
3:41 am

FTD Companies - billed for undelivered flowers

Paid premium price for mother's day flowers including huge penalty fee for having them

actually delivered on Mother's Day. My Sister did receive a bouquet of flowers at her door -

they were for someone else! She called the shop and they told her - so what - she could

keep them, or deliver them to the recipient - they didn't care. Since the flowers were sent

to my Sis as a surprise, she had no idea that she was an intended recipient too. Being the

saint she is (which is why we adore her) she drove around most of mother's day morning

trying to find the intended party. She did - a lady in her 80's who just bawled, that someone

had thought of her. If not for my Sis, she never would have received her order from these jerks.

I wait until almost 6pm on Mothers Day and my sis has NOT received her flowers so I call

FTD to cancel my order - I'm really burned. They tell me the florist is willing to deliver

them the day AFTER Mothers day. Well, I reminded her that I ordered online WELL in

advance and paid a premium price for ontime delivery - so no thanks, just refund me.

She got so nasty and angry, the FTD rep. named April — she asked in a snotty voice =

"So you don't intend to do ANYTHING nice for your sister?" I told her about my sis doing

the florists own work to deliver an order for another one of their botched deliveries and the

FTD rep just snorted and grumbled that I'd get my refund in a few days and then she hung up

on me. Truly, this is for real — 25 minutes after she hangs up — out of the BLUE, the rotten

florist shop calls my Sis to bully her into accepting delivery the day after mothers day with

the crappy scraps left over from the day before. That witch April got off the phone from promising me

a refund, promptly called the shop and told them to hustle their order so they could all still get paid.

My sis who then knew the story told them respectfully no thanks - please do not deliver because

she knew I had cancelled the order. The next afternoon, her son came home and there was the

SADDEST, SICKEST looking mess of flowers on her porch. Sis works from home and these slimes

never rang her bell. They dropped off that mess and slinked off, the neighbor actually saw the guy

tip toe to the door and drive off! How pathetic - these awful rats. First they toldl me they couldn't

deliver because no one answered the door, then they said that my sisters address didn't exist on

that street even though she's lived there for 15 years and my online order printout showed that ALL

the entered data was correct. Then this April even read off the name of some entirely different

woman with a different phone number that came up under my order reference number. WHAT

a tangle of lies and deceit. Bottom line — FTD has your money period. They will back their crummy

florist and NEVER the client. So scout around for a REPUTABLE floral shop near your recipient. Do

a yelp or other search first - then call the shop directly to order. FTD used to stand for integrity - and

those days are LONG gone!

L
May 18, 2009 4:49 am

my mothers day flowers still havent been delivered - found FTD's CFO's email address;

Investors and Press: