Fox Rent A Car / collection policy and refunds

1 Miami, FL, United States

We booked a vehicle providing credit card details and the drivers licence details. When we went to collect the vehicle that counter officer advised that we could not collect the car because the name on the credit card and the licence were different. The rental fee had already been processed using this data but despite offering to provide another credit card in the drivers name for any additional expenses we were refused to booked car.

We were then advised by the agent that the only option was to cancel the booking and get a refund and book another vehicle.

We did this however when I contacted the on line chat Fox agent he advised that no refund could be processes and that it should have been done at the counter. When I offered to go back to the counter I was advise that it was too late.
This type of behaviour is completely unacceptable to double charge and provide inaccurate information from a company agent about refunds.

If there is such a problem to complete a booking if the drivers details are different from the credit card provided then surely the on line system should not accept the booking.

Mi