Florida Power And Light / cut cable wire

1 Sarasota, FL, United States

Your tree cutters showed up without notice on 1/4/19 to 2313 Loma Linda, Sarasota FL, 34239. This is a rental home that I own. I made an appointment to show the house to potential clients and arrived to find limbs and ladders and people crawling all over the place. Worse, the men cut my trees back horribly, but more importantly they also disconnected and cut my cable TV line. It looks like the main line was marked with colored markers and then disconnected. Another line was cut. I called around 1:30 PM today (1/5/19) when I discovered this and FPL sent someone out to fix it within a couple hours. I had told them to call me when they were on the way over. They said they called me, but they didn't. Two hours later I called FPL and spoke to Miss Juaraz in the Texas office. She said FPL can't fix the cable wire. Their men wouldn't even screw the wires back together that they had disconnected. So you can disconnect the wire, but you can't repair it. Miss Juaraz said that FPL can't call the cable company to fix it. You won't even reprimand the men who disconnected the wire because "they must have had a good reason to do that." Miss Juaraz also refused to compensate me with a credit of any sort for all the time and inconvenience this is causing me. FPL refused to fix the wire that was broken by FPL or take any responsibility for showing up without notice, ruining my trees, cutting and/or disconnecting my cable and causing me a lot of aggravation and waste of time.

Dl