FlightHub

Posted: Nov 8, 2017 by

not providing accurate information on airlines when booking, therefore customers do not have informed consent.

Canada
flighthub.com
My husband and I booked our roundtrip flight from Toronto to Athens through Flighthub on an Air Canada flight with FlightHub Booking Number: 074-382-242. On our return flight from Athens back to Toronto on Oct 22, 2017 our taxi cab was stuck on the road for 1.5 hours due to a tragic fatal car accident on the road which had blocked the road and resulted in us arriving at the airport 5 minutes before check-in process was closed, and therefore missing our flight. Although the attended contacted the supervisor on duty at the airport to allow us to check in, she was advised that it was not possible.

We understood that there are certain limitations and protocols that airport authorities must follow and we were advised to contact Air Canada to inquire about the possibility of boarding another flight as Air Canada is part of Star Alliance. I was on the phone with an Air Canada representative for 2 hours, while she was very helpful in trying to find us another flight which she did and gave us two different options, however after requesting our "booking number" she mentioned that this flight is not Air Canada, but booked with Air Canada Vacations which is a separate company and therefore Air Canada cannot help us or provide us with another flight. The representative explained that Air Canada Vacations is a separate company that buys flights from Air Canada and sells them independently, therefore we should contact Air Canada Vacations directly.

I contacted Air Canada Vacations (who were not open at the time and resulted in me waiting 2 hours to contact their office), I spoke to a representative who was extremely rude and told me "it's not our responsibility if you miss your flight" and proceeded to tell us that the next flight to Toronto from Athens will be two days later and will cost us $1000 per person. After explaining to her that we both have to be back at our jobs for Monday, she suggested I contact Air Canada back or contact Flight Hub.
After contacting Air Canada, we were again given the same information that Air Canada does not have any partnership with Air Canada Vacations and therefore despite having flights available, they are not able to help us unless we wanted to purchase new tickets which will be almost $2000 per person. I proceeded to contact Flight Hub and expressed concerns around them not advertising this flight as "Air Canada Vacations" but rather as an Air Canada flight which is false advertising as Air Canada does not even honour this booking or flight. I inquired as to why we were not informed on our itinerary in fine print, disclaimer or otherwise as to inform us as the customer as to the limitations of this flight as it is being sold not by Air Canada but rather by Air Canada Vacations.
The Flight Hub representative informed me that this flight was sold to them by Air Canada Vacations as an Air Canada flight and therefore they do not have information on Air Canada Vacation's policy. The representative informed me that they cannot help me and suggested I contact Air Canada or Air Canada Vacations.

After being stranded at Athens airport for a few hours and getting the run around from these companies, my husband and I had no choice but to book a one-way flight from Athens to Toronto with Egypt Airlines in order to land in Toronto by morning (Monday October 23) and go to work as we both had important meetings that we could not miss at work.

I believe Flight Hub has not been transparent in providing customers with informed consent when they advertise their flights and Airline affiliations, leaving the customer believing that they have a sense of security or comfort for choosing an airline that will not honour their booking.

This experience was a very stressful and unpleasant one for my husband which impacted our memories of our honeymoon. Furthermore, we spent approximately $1777 to book a one-way fair with Egypt Air in order to return back to Toronto and attend our jobs. We would like Flight hub to take responsibility for the lack of information provided to customers upon booking and provide us with a refund of the expenses we incurred due to their false advertisement. We would like to request a refund for $1777 or the price we had paid for the round trip flight we booked with Flight Hub for $1684.54. Please find attached a picture of the flight information that we had booked off the Flight Hub website, along with the booking number.

We hope that this matter is looked at and considered closely to avoid us taking further measures.

Looking forward to hearing back from your department.

Wagma Omer

FlightHub

Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Travel Agencies

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree