Flagstar Bank / Absolutely terrible

The service is rude and incompetent. They will hold your check until your payment is late, and then charge you a late fee.

They even changed their mailing address without notification, so my check came back, and of course was then late after I had to call them to get the new address, and mail it again...

Calling them is so frustrating... no one cares.

They tell you they will correct your account... and then do nothing.

I am now looking for a new lender, and can't wait to be rid of them.

Flagstar is the WORST bank I have ever had the misfortune to be involved with.

Va

Comments

• Pa
      26th of Aug, 2008

I have had multiple issues with this bank. I wrote a 3 page letter about my concerns to the regional managers and NEVER received any response from them. This is customer service that they brag about??? I just moved a lg amt of savings and direct deposit to Bank America.
    Three years ago they stopped allowing bank cards to be used abroad. Unfortunately, the customers were never informed and when I arrived in Rome - I went to the ATM and received a message my card was denied. When I retured home I was told, " it is for our safety of our customers!" Thank God my husband banked @ Comerica so I could use his card to access cash! Last but not least...our mortage was moved to a company out of state and we were not aware until we recieved our statements from them!!! Did they ever think we deserved the right ot know this on our mortgage and have the opprtunity to shop around before they "sold it" out of state!!! How about keeping business in the state!
    When you boast about your "new wave" of banking and custoner care, you are responsive to both + and - issues promptly to resolve them. Despite calls to the bank where I did business...not once did the bank manager return my call, so I went to the regional brance (Troy) and still did not get one response from the regional managers. This is poor business 101!!! I am getting great service now!!!