First Premier Bank - Visa Credit Card / withdraw money from account and did not post it to the account!

First Premier Bank withdrew money from my account with authorization and did not post it to my account. It has been 8 days now and counting. First they told me it was some sort of security hold, I asked to speak to the security people and was told. "they don't have a phone in security", Then I was told by another person that they have the right to withdraw funds my checking account and hold them for up to 20 days.

My attorney see's things a bit different. We believe that First Premier holds funds in order to 1, collect interest past the grace period, 2, may not have the capability to process more than one payment per month. In either case it is wrong.

We are seeking others who have had similar experiences to join me in a class action lawsuit against First Premier Bank. Contact me at email if you have had similar experiences with these guys.

Richard.

Ri

Comments

• Bl
      8th of Mar, 2007

I am having the same experience, which is what lead me to search for others.

I sent a inquiry about why my payment shows posted, but my available balance does not reflect it... they gave me the 20-day spiel.

So I sent another inquiry asking how can they do that and as a new customer at this point I am very dis-satisfied with their service. Their reply... we'll make a note of this in your account. What jerks!

Blaine

16th of Sep, 2007

I having a big problem with Premier Visa, first of all i am disable and my credit got bad I decide to open a account with premier to try to build my account back up, i do my bills online they charge 7 dollars to do a online check they charge 4 dollars to set your account up online. they said if you pay your bill on time they would give you a credit increase I pay my bill every month on time and they want give me a raise and on top of that they billed me an anual increase which made my account be over limit. They got the nerve to send me another credit to open for a master card i threw it in to Garbage can (they sent it to me 3 times) but they want give me a credit increase. Im thinking about filing fraud on them

• Ro
      17th of Sep, 2007

I am having the same problem with them. Instead of it going down its constanly going up. we are tring to pay it off and inform them we no longer reqier there services. yes would be happy to join in the law suite. thanks Robin

• Vi
      3rd of Oct, 2007

Hi everybody. I would like to inform you that this is the case of many here in PR province as well. Hopefully, we are making every possible effort to post a claim under the FICO (Financial Institutions Commission) which is a Federal Agency that regulates those institutions. If anybody could do anything, it is the FICO and I hope they get punished for playing around with our emotions (because of the headaches) and our wallets (because of the fees).

• Cy
      26th of Nov, 2007

I agree. This is thee worst credit card ever. If you want to rebuild your credit, this is not the card to apply for. It took up to 21 days to post my initial payment --making my funds unavailable to me. For one payment, the availability date of funds changed twice. At another time, I was told by a rep. that it was okay to just pay the min amount due. Because I was close to my limit, I later got a call from them saying that I was over the limit, because there was a $7. charge for making the payment by phone which was taken from the available funds on the card, and not from my current payment. PLEASE THINK LONG AND HARD BEFORE YOU RUIN YOUR CREDIT EVEN FURTHER.

4th of Dec, 2007

Jesus these guys are a total ripoff. I didn't even need another card, but I got this one because I thought I needed to chalk up some more good marks on my credit before buying a house. Well, just like the above posts note, the card came in the mail, but with a note saying the contract had changed. There was about $50 of "credit" left when I opened the envelope! I started to set up an online payment situation, but something about their website made me a little skittish. I don't know, something about how the whole site was one great big jpeg image with links mapped in the image itself. I got as far as putting in my credit card number, but never actually entered my bank information. The statement came and I was billed $3.95 for an "internet access fee." WTF?!?!?! Are you kidding me? I bought one $50 item with this card two months ago and somehow I have a balance of $222.00. Huh? Yes, really. Oh my God, I just want out. I'm afraid if I just pay down the whole bill, they'll charge me another "fee," or if I call them they'll "fee" me for that too. Jesus these guys are scammers and I bought it big time!

• Ed
      11th of Dec, 2007

Has ANYONE had any success in CANCELING the credit card?

Thanks.

• Mi
      12th of Dec, 2007

I charge 109.99 for a cheapy lawn mower. made two payments on card then stop recieving statments. this was a year ago I have recieved a letter from such and such law offices stating that I now owe over 1200.00 on a 250 limit card. I called the number on the back of card and the voice says your account is not valid .Wow now what do I pay this attorney 1200.00 and some change or find other people in similar situations to see what can be done?

4th of Jan, 2008

I ended closing the account with a settlement. This is for the same reason that everyone else has mentioned here. I hate this credit card company. Once I settle the account and once the account was closed since 2006, today is still the day that they are reporting negative information on my credit report such as Key Derogatory** For the month of Feb and Oct of 2007.

**Key Derogatory = Claim, Term Default, Government Claim, Paid by Dealer, Bankruptcy Chapter 7, 11 or 12 Petitioned, or Discharged and Bankruptcy Chapter 7, 11, or 12 Reaffirmation of Debt Rescinded.

I don’t know much about credit but I know enough to say that if my account was close as of March 2006, this company should not be feeding any type of information towards my credit report.

4th of Jan, 2008

I contacted all 3 credit bureaus to see if I can provide proof of settlement just so they can have it in their records in the event that First Premier decides to post it again and no lock. They won’t accept it.

So what am I supposed to do? Is a back and forth with them. Once this negative info is removed then in the next couple of months is back. This is really frustrating.

• Al
      5th of Jan, 2008

I am completely disgusted with First Premier. They make it impossible to make a payment on time. Somehow my password for online accounting keeps getting changed and my account gets locked. I've tried to call to make a payment and either can't get thru or I get disconnected. They do this on purpose because they know every person in the free world is too damn busy to deal with it. They make it impossible to pay them so they can add more and more fees and then do worse to your credit. It should be illegal and they should be prosecuted. Did you notice on all of their websites there is no way to contact them? How convenient! They should be ashamed!!!!

• Yu
      12th of Jan, 2008

If anyone knows of a class action case against FIRST PREMIER BANK, please email me at SEND2YUSUF@GMAIL.COM. I am in total frustration with no resolution with this credit card company. I believe this is definitely a form of PREDITOR LEADING. They go after high risk individuals trying to get credit. They then take a bite out of you with the ridiculous initial fees and continue to slowly eat you alive with the outragous fees and overall (I feel) illegal practices. I would like to join with anyone who is trying to have this company stopped!

17th of Jan, 2008

Hey guys as we all know, we have been a victim of First Premier Bank.

The state of New York took action against First Premier Bank

Please read

First Premier Bank Settles Probe of Credit Card Marketing
    Posted on Wednesday, 15 of August , 2007 at 6:22 pm
    NEW YORK—The First Premier Bank has reached an agreement with the state Attorney General’s office to resolve an investigation into the company’s illegal and deceptive marketing of subprime credit cards to thousands of consumers statewide with poor or no credit.

Under the terms of the settlement, First Premier, based in South Dakota, will pay $4.5 million in refunds and $105,000 in penalties and costs. The company will also reform its illegal billing and deceptive marketing tactics.

“Subprime lenders like First Premier are luring financially vulnerable borrowers into unaffordable high-cost cards trapping individuals and families in a cycle of mounting debt,” said Attorney General Cuomo. “This agreement ends First Premier’s abusive and unfair credit card practices, sets a new standard, and provides new protections to borrowers across New York State.”

Subprime credit cards like subprime mortgage loans are typically marketed to “high risk” consumers with poor or damaged credit ratings and with limited potential for repayment. Many opt for these cards to establish a credit rating or gain access to basic financial or consumer services. Instead, borrowers find themselves mired in credit card debt due to snowballing hidden fees, high interest rates, and very low credit limits.

“First Premier turned out to be an irresponsible lender,” said Mel Nielsen, a 63-year-old Saratoga Springs resident, told the Attorney General’s Office. “I was looking for an opportunity to move up, instead the company knocked me down with a debt trap and a false credit report.”

Nielsen says he was trying to build back up a weak credit rating when he received First Premier’s solicitations by mail claiming he was “pre-approved” for up to $2000 credit limit and two Platinum Visa cards. Nielsen applied for the cards, received a $250 credit line, and even before using the cards once, First Premier billed him upfront fees, leaving him with less than a $70 credit. Nielsen says he canceled the cards almost immediately. But, First Premier, he continued, imposed finance charges and his balance ballooned to $1,000 within a few months.

Nielsen says he made several unsuccessful attempts to resolve the matter with First Premier. But, when he started receiving harassing calls from a collections agency and discovered that First Premier had reported his “false debt” to the credit agencies, Nielsen called the Attorney General’s Office and filed a complaint.

The Attorney General’s investigation, sparked by complaints filed by New Yorkers across the state, revealed that First Premier Bank lured consumers by falsely representing they were pre-approved for a credit limit up to $2,000, at “9.9% APR Fixed,” and promising “no processing fee” for opening an account. The bank also solicited consumers directly, marketing subprime credit cards as gold or platinum cards, repeatedly touting their prestige and member status without disclosing the associated risks.

In reality, most consumers received a $250 to $300 credit line at a 9.9% interest rate that could more than double without notice. Even before consumers had a chance to activate or use their credit card, First Premier billed $178 upfront fees for processing the credit card application. As a result, consumers’ found themselves with $70 - $120 in available credit, perilously close to the credit limit, and strapped with bills most believed they were obligated to pay. Additionally, most consumers reported their balance ballooned within a few months, sometimes from $20 to $400 as a result of hidden fees.

The Attorney General’s investigation found that in addition to the $178 upfront “processing fee,” First Premier charged account set-up and participation fees, annual fees, late fees, overlimit fees, credit limit increase fees as well as fees for paying online, accessing an account or additional card fees.

Under the terms of the settlement, First Premier is prohibited from charging consumers until they activate or use their credit card to make purchases or obtain cash advances. The bank is barred from fraudulently advertising or soliciting consumers in the subprime market and must refrain from marketing subprime cards as “Gold” or “Platinum” cards unless it clearly and prominently discloses associated features and risks. First Premier is also banned from promoting credit cards as having “no processing fees,” if it charges consumers for applying or activating a credit card.

First Premier had discontinued the practices of misrepresenting the fees and credit limits associated with the credit card prior to this settlement. The bank cooperated fully throughout the investigation and worked with the Attorney General to resolve the matter.

Individuals who believe they might be eligible for a refund must file a complaint with the Attorney General within 90 days by calling the Attorney General’s Help Line at 1- 800 -771-7755 (Option 3). To obtain a copy of the settlement agreement, visit www.oag.state.ny.us 8-15-07

Source:

If someone in OH is taking action please let us know. Thank you

• De
      26th of Jan, 2008

I do not even remember signing up for this credit card. Then I get a card in the mail for myself and for my husband with all of these initial fees that I never would have signed up for! I am more than willing to join into a class action suit! I can't believe what a ripoff this credit card company is! I can be reached at my email address: peacefulady@gmail.com

• De
      4th of Feb, 2008

I have two credit cards with First Premier Bank. I have not had ANY problems with them my balance is always what it should be, anytime I've had to contact customer service the associates have been nothing but pleasant to me.

All the fees are clearly stated in writting.

• El
      20th of Feb, 2008

These people do not have any idea what customer service means, they are rude, and just short of EVIL! I made an honest mistake when putting in my checking account number when making a payment, which was on time and over the minimum payment due... I was ONE number off, this honest mistake ended up accrueing almost $100.00 in fees, fees which my bank didn't even charge me for, which was one of the reasons why I didn't even know there was a problem to begin with. No one bothered to contact me and because of this I was immediately sent to their "in-house" collections, all the while I am thinking everything is fine because I made my payment on time and for more than what was the required amount. Until one day I get a call at work from a collections representative telling me I now have to pay $100.00 MORE than what I had originally made the payment for because of a returned check??? I was shocked. These people refused to omit these charges, they could have as a one time courtesy, they would not have lost anything by showing their customer a little appreciation and empathy, instead they were rude and tried to act tough by talking loudly over me and refusing to let me speak to someone higher up to plead my case to, I was even hung up on... AWFUL, just AWFUL!!! I have no recourse and that makes me sick, I have no choice but to pay these nazi's in order to protect my credit so that I can one day buy a house with my soon to be new husband, I feel violated!!!

I am in the middle of trying to pay for a wedding and this has caused even more stress for me, I have done the best I could in repairing my damaged credit which was why I got myself this credit card to begin with... I am sick over the whole thing an honest mistake just cost me over $100.00, beware people, dot your i's and cross your t's because they will get you!!! I understand why people go "postal" now, because when you feel like you have no other option but to give in to them you feel very angry and helpless!!!

• Rh
      6th of Mar, 2008

My husband signed up for a card. He had never had credit and it seemed like the way to go. We received the first statement and made the first payment toward the "fees" online with a information. Then we didn't receive the next months statement. They called my husband while he was working asking him to verify his bank account number, etc. He told them that he couldn't talk right now and to call back later. They went ahead and put the entire balance on the card thru the bank. When I called that night to find out why they had called him, I got agravated and told them to tell me what we owed and we'd cancel the card. The rep came back and stated that a payment had been made at 11:27 AM today. Luckily, I thought ahead and got the confirmation number and the name of the employee that took the payment. I think stated we wanted to cancel the card. The rep made me hold on the line and since we had never used the card, offered to refund the entire amount of fees and everything to us in 60-90 days. After I laughed that this was ridiculous, she stated that was her policy. But again, I asked if there was a confirmation number of the cancellation and her name. I have all of this and am email the vp of risk management agraff@firstpremier.com to explain to him why he has such a horrible company.

• Ge
      9th of Mar, 2008

I need some serious help against 1st Premier Bank, too, and if you can get together this class action lawsuit, count me in. I activated a card, the card hit my mailbox 65% maxed out. After buying a book advertised on TV (about getting out of credit card debt, of all things), the bill balooned to $281.70, already over limit. And after seven days, a collector demanded the full balance.

I've mailed a scan of the first bill to a local TV station in hopes of getting an investigative report going. I would much like to see these thieves exposed.

• Ro
      11th of Mar, 2008

I have recieved a card yesterday and I have not even activated the card but guess what I received a bill from them today that I owe them $179.00. What for... I have no idea when I even asked them to give me a card.

After looking at all these comments I am scared they are going to screw me up. Include me in the lawsuit against this card.

• Du
      3rd of Apr, 2008

A few months ago, I had been behind on my payments and I had called First premier to set up a payment to get ahead. I had spoke to a man(name unknown) and he had told me if I were to make two payments by a certain date, I would be back in positive standing. The first payment of 370.00 I had made over the phone using check by phone, the following week I made another payment of 370.00 Which I had seemed to have clearly followed instructions of the two payments by the date I was told to make two payments by. A few days after I had made the two payments. My bank account was charged an additional 370.00. Which in this case I am stating that it was an unauthorized transaction. They have been calling me continually to set up payment arrangments, at this time I am very keen on setting up payments with this establishment. I asked many times to speak with somebody on the higher end to help me with this situation, and all they seem to do is tell me we'll make a note of that, and two days later I get somebody else trying to set up payments from me. I feel that they are not even trying to own up to the fact that they cold heartedly stole from me. If I have a chance to put these people in their place please contact me for more information. Remember they charged my bank account twice in 1 month time period, from my understanding that is illegal in itself. Thank you, and have a pleasent day.