First Premier Bank / scam billing

1 Sioux Falls, SD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-315-6350

I have no idea how they got my information, but First Premier Bank has made TWO unauthorized checking account withdrawals from my Chase checking account. I am currently out of the country, and when I checked my account on www.chase.com, I noticed that my checking account had been debited $230 on October 29, 2008 and $164 on November 2, 2008. Both debits were made by First Premier Bank. I called the Chase Fraud Department right away and they said that they would have to issue another debit card because from the looks of it, the debits were made over the internet. Also, I have to wait 10 days to fill out paperwork and get my money returned in my account. The only problem is that I do not have any idea as to how this company got my information. I am very secretive with my account information; my closest family members do not even have access to my accounts. This bank is making fraudulent charges and something needs to be done about it. I tried to contact First Premier Bank, but it's automated system does not have an option to speak to a representative, and you can only get through if you have an account with them. I plan on hiring a lawyer and going after this bank. From what I have read, I am not the first person that this has happened to.

Va

Comments

• Sw
      28th of Jul, 2006
    First Premier Bank - Do not deal with them at all

Hello, my complaint is against First Premier Bank. I am telling everyone do not deal with them at all. This bank DO NOT HELP YOU REBUILD CREDIT. They are actually taking from you instead of helping you. This bank do not report you are paying your bill on time until you have paid 10 months on time. They are not being honest with their customers at all. I do not want anything to do with First Premier Bank.

18th of Sep, 2007
    First Premier Bank - Owned money for a credit card I never owned

www.firstpremier.com

I receive a letter telling me i owed a first premier bank some money for a credit card that i did not wont are even have this card?

Where is this card?

Why? Is this happening?

I do not wont this card.

• Ka
      27th of Feb, 2008
    First Premier Bank - no good credit cards
    P.O.Box 5519
    Phone: 1-800-987-5521
    resolve.firstpremier.com

I got a credit card from these people because my credit was not too good. Now my credit is twice as bad. I called them up and wrote to them saying I wanted to cancel my card. Maybe 3 months later, I finally got a letter confirming the card cancelled. They start calling saying they want over $500.00 payment now. I live on a monthly income, and there is no way I owe that much money. This is the biggest ripoff company.

• Je
      16th of Mar, 2008

I had a very similar situation happen to me with First Premier. I was trying to rebuild my credit which they only start you with a small amount charging you an arm & a leg just to get the card. Even after canceling the card. I became disables.. They accrued late fees and interest although I was paying them something. Just not the amount they demanded. My income was cut almost in half. The calls and harassment from them was completely out of hand. It took alot to try and work an agreement out , because they want you to pay 3 times the amount you actually even had credit for. I still recieve offers from them.

• La
      24th of Mar, 2008

If you want to make First Premier pay attention to these complaints, then as a group we all need to file complaints against them with both the Attorney General's Office of South Dakota and your state's Attorney General's Office. This is how the New York city lawsuit began that caused them to have to pay $4.5 million to people they defrauded. They won't pay attention until you complain to agencies that will actually go after them. Here is the Attorney General of South Dakota's website. Just click complaint and file it. When they get numerous ones they will take action. http://www.state.sd.us/attorney/office/divisions/consumer/default.asp

Also it does not hurt to file a complaint with the Comptroller of the Currency and the FDIC.

• Mb
      9th of Apr, 2008

I am currently suing them.Go to small claims file a lawsuit against them. Cost 30.00. I have don it so should you...

5th of Aug, 2008
    First Premier Bank - Bad service
    First Premier Bank

I am constantly bombarded by pop ups from the First Premier Bank that is trying to push its Centenial Credit Card of which I have no interest in. I clicked on the unsubscribe which doesn't mean a thing. I called thebank & they told me they have no control over it. Any suggestions please?

• Jc
      16th of Oct, 2008
    First Premier Bank - having a balance and never use it lower my score
    P.O. Box 5147
    Phone: 1-800-987-5521

I applied for this credit card, now my credit score went down. now i have a balance of 180.00 and i never used the card. i want this card close. this is a scam. i want this cancel. thanks james carlson 320-237-4300

• Lo
      17th of Nov, 2008

I WAS CHECKING MY CREDIT REPORT AND IN IT IT STATES I HAVE A FIRST PREMIER CREDIT CARD AND OWE OVER 400.00 DOLLARS I HAVE NEVER EVEN HAD A CREDIT CARD FROM ANY WHERE AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET A HOLD OF THE COMPANY TO FIX THIS

21st of Nov, 2008
    First Premier Bank - Scam and stealing
    firstpremier.com

Beware!! I received this card and was charged with $179 in fees, before I had the card!! Oh my limit was for $250. Don't buy into their 'we report to the 4 credit bureaus and help repair your credit!! You can repair your own credit without being extorted!!

• Me
      1st of Mar, 2009
    First Premier Bank - overcharging
    First premier bank
    p.o Box 5524
    Phone: 18009875521

They said the fee was $179.00 But i ended up paying two hundred and something and My limit is $250.00 But you can only get twenty out the ATM daily you should be able to get what you want out. its your money. You also get charged to much for fees every month.

• Ju
      3rd of Apr, 2009

I'm looking for some information about my now deceased mothers account in order to get it resolved can someone please help me!!!

8th of Apr, 2009

Take the time to learn a little bit about credit reporting before you jump into a new card. Any new account or inquiry lowers your credit and they are very up front with the fact that the fees are 179.00 to open the card and will already be a part of your balance. This is your issue, not theirs.

8th of Apr, 2009

Once again, they are very up front with their fees before you even order. Dont blame them because you didn't read the terms and conditions!

• Mi
      8th of Nov, 2009

My husband and I have cards with FPB and we have a checking account with Wachovia. We got a notice from Wachovia that we had a returned check presumably by phone or online because it was a long number, not a normal number for the amount of $185. We are having serious financial problems, and our checking account is already seriously in the negative in fees. We did not authorize this transaction and we don't know why they took it upon themselves to do this to us. They got the account information because I have previously given them my checking information to pay the bills in the past. Can they do this to us legally? What can be done about it?

• Tl
      20th of Oct, 2010

First premier is a rip off!!!.. after all there hidden fees I decided not to pay because I feel that there must be a cap on what they can charge. IT just didnt seem right.

and now its been like 3 years and I have paid my debt to a colections agency. but they have still yet to remove my name from the credit agency's list and has hurt my credit score because of it.

28th of May, 2014

Got a letter from a collection agency saying I owe $490.75 I do not have a credit card with this bank I do not have a credit card for FIRST PREMIER BANK

28th of May, 2014

First premier is a scam, I do not owe them 490.75 I do not have a credit card with this company a collection agency is writing me and asking for payment...