Fingerhut / identity theft/fraud
A stranger has used my name to get a credit account at Fingerhut. They have purchased items, not paid for them and now I am getting emails about the past due payments owed. I have never heard of this company. I contacted them through their website and online chatting option for immediate answers. They said they couldn't help me and I'd have to call the customer service number. So I did and they require you to enter your social security number in before getting through to a customer service rep. After spending 30 minutes trying different options to get through to customer service, the answering service came on and said "the customer service department is now closed". Really...at 2pm on Monday? I don't think so. I believe this company is in on the identity theft problem. There is something very shady about it and the lack of options they offer to remedy the situation.
If anyone has any helpful tips on how to rectify this problem, then please let me know. I've never had to deal with this type of issue.
More Fingerhut Complaints & Reviews
- Fingerhut - fraud 
- Fingerhut - order/customer service 
- Fingerhut - customer service/shipping
- Fingerhut - safeline plus 
- Fingerhut - credit watchman 
- Fingerhut - Customer Service/Lack of Communiccations/Billing-Accounts
- Fingerhut - poulon pro lawn mower
- Fingerhut - Fraud account
- Fingerhut - fraud
- Fingerhut - dell laptop computer