Fifth Third Bank / unauthorized credit request!
I was out of town for a week - I get back and there's a handful of mail. It includes a rejection notice for a Fifth Third Platinum card I DID NOT REQUEST - complete with contact information for Equifax so I can find out why I didn't get the card I didn't request.
And in that same handful of mail is a FIFTH THIRD OPTIMUM MASTER CARD ready for activation - I DIDN'T REQUEST THAT EITHER!!
I'm desperate to rebuild my credit after a long illness, I do not need this PHONY CREDIT APP and UNINVITED NEW CREDIT LINE on my credit history!!!
How can a bank run a credit check and reject you for credit you DID NOT REQUEST?
This has to be illegal. I know it hurts your credit. I'm going to check into it.
All I can think is I was at the bank about a month ago and an employee suggested I get overdraft protection. I told her to send me information on it, NOT AUTOMATICALLY APPLY FOR IT ON MY BEHALF! I GAVE NO AUTHORITY!!!
And the card I received was NOT overdraft protection - although I could APPLY FOR IT IF I WANTED TO.
I'm thinking it's time to change banks. And if they don't make communication to Equifax and the other credit reporting agencies that they did this, not me - I'm going to call an attorney.
This is insane.
More Fifth Third Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service! 
- Fifth Third Bank - credit card application security 
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off! 
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info) 
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice 
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - service
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - employee kj1moc2a
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - fees
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - service fees
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - overdraft fees