Fifth Third Bank / credit card application security
I received a credit card application that offered a 0% APR on balance transfers and mailed it to 5th/3rd in the enclosed postage paid envelope on August 20, 2010. Having not heard anything from 5th/3rd, I became increasingly concerned, considering it has my social security number as well as other personal information and today is September 14, 2010.
I called today only to be treated as though I had done something wrong. The customer service person told me if the offer period expired, the application would be shredded and I would not receive any notification. I then told her I was extremely worried about my personal information being in the wrong hands and she told me, "You should have applied online if you are concerned".
I then explained that the website was down on the night before it was mailed (as it still is www.apply53.com) and I was of the impression that a postage paid preprinted envelope would make it to its destination.
She responded with "You should have called, we are open until 8PM Eastern Time". There was absolutely no concern as to the security of my personal information, contrary to what the website states. Furthermore, when I asked her advice as to what I should do next, I was told I could call back everyday until it comes in.
In twenty-five days I would think an envelope could make it to Australia and back. I am thoroughly displeased with 5th/3rd, will NEVER do business with them, and will ALWAYS recommend another financial institution over 5th/3rd.
More Fifth Third Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service! 
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off! 
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info) 
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice 
- Fifth Third Bank - bogus fees added to mortgage payoff! 
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - service
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - employee kj1moc2a
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - fees
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - service fees
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - overdraft fees