Fifth Third Bank / fees charged
I am a small business owner and an employee accidentally charged a customer $2702.70 instead of $2.70. The customer contacted the number on their card right after the transaction occurred and was told it would be taken care of. As the merchant I was unaware of the charge until after we had settled out that evening and contacted my bank rep. the next day and was told to doa refund so at 2:00 a.m. I was trying to do a refund and did not have all of the numbers on the card to complete it. I called the customer the next day and offered to give them a check to deposit in their account so they would not be over drawn. The customer declined based on the banks advice to file a dispute and told me the bank would be sending me the form to sign and return. I checked our mail each day and never received the form. I told the customer this on Sunday evening (1 week after transaction occurred) Monday I was contacted by the customers wife and called their bank to talk to Teresa. She tells me they let them use their card in the mean time and have racked up over $1200 in overdraft and nsf fees and are expecting me to pay for the fees and that she has gone above her duty and regional will not let them remove the fees. I ask to talk to someone from regional and she tells me they won't talk to me and the person I need is out of the office on this day. By now I am furious and feel like someone from 5/3 is trying to scam me out of money I do not have. I went and did a refund for the full amount and gave the customer a copy. The next day thew customer contacts me and says their basnk wants me to give her cash because the credit didn't go through. I told her I can't because I've already done the refund and I contact my bank rep that tells me her bank (5/3) has to go in get the money and deposit it in to her account. The last thing I heard 2 days ago was Teresa was unaware of this and thought it wouls go in automatically and she would have to check on it.
More Fifth Third Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service! 
- Fifth Third Bank - credit card application security 
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off! 
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info) 
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice 
- Fifth Third Bank - I am complaining about the terrible experience I had getting my home improvement loan.
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - fee reversal
- Customer Service at Fifth Third Bank - customer service operator jake & supervisor kiley
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - mortgage
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - business checking account