Fido - Wireless Service / early cancellation fee

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Under the interbrand migration program between Fido and Rogers, I switched my mobile plan from Fido to Rogers. I was 15 months into a 36 month contract with Fido and was told by Fido's e-chat representative that as long as I was more than 1 year with them and up-to-date in all my bills, they would waive the full early cancellation fee (ECF). When i got my bill, i was charged the full ECF and when I called in, they said I am not eligible since I got an iphone with my Fido contract. I believe that this is unfair as it is not stated anywhere and I was not told that this would be a problem.

Ro
Apr 3, 2013

Comments

• Pa
      3rd of Apr, 2013

How dare they decide to hold you to the terms you agreed to!

• Ro
      3rd of Apr, 2013

Paul Vance, I appreciate your candor and the sarcasm too. I do not have a problem with paying an ECF since i "agreed" to a contract. However, i find that the $410 amount is not reasonable. Further, i was told by their representative that as long as I satisfied certain conditions, I would be eligible to be only charged $100 ECF.
    Just to update, the manager called and reduced the ECF to $210. It is better, but I still feel that I was misled.
    Anyway, have a great day!