FIA Card Services / Fraud Dept.

The fraud dept. at FIA Card Services aka Bank Of America is crazy. They closed an account over a year and a half ago due to fraudulent activity and opened me a new account. They said all the fraud charges were taken care of and I signed an affidavit. The newer account was closed in Nov 2007 due to divorce and was paid in full in the settlement. In Feb. 2008 I received a statement for $218 owed due to charges that had been found on the original account. It was from a Best Western in Europe and I have never even been to Europe. I have signed affidavits, talked on the phone for hours (mostly to people with an accent from another country) only to be told the issue is resolved then a month later the nightmare comes back in the mail. Today I faxed them 15 pages of items i had received, filled out, etc... from them. I sent it 2 times and sent the affidavit 5 times plus I am mailing it. This has been one of the worse experiences ever!!! They are sooooo screwed up. I wish I had never heard of them! Beware, stay away, close your account while you can!!!

Da

Comments

• Me
      26th of Mar, 2009

My family has been a victom of Idenity theft! Two diffrent accounts were opened up in mine and my husbands names. We followed all the protacals to resolve this problem and FIA services denied our claim saying we profited form it. The person's investagating our complaints has NEVER EVER talked to me or my husband! My husband is a Chief ADA and has been for 27 years and if they are doing this to us, then they will do it to ANYONE! My husband is the LAW and these people WILL NOT CALL US BACK TO EXPLAIN IN DETAIL WHY WE WERE DENIED!!! We got a letter and I've called my husband has called and nothing! Then yesterday I opened my mail-box and there was the BILL man I was pissed and then on top of that the interest rate was 27%!
    It'll be a COLD DAY IN HELL BEFORE WE'LL PAY!!!