Fedex Home Delivery / awful company

I took a day off to wait for a package delivered. I heard the door bell and when I open the door the Fedex truck was driving away. The worst is that I cannot go and get the package. The driver is a contractor and the Fedex facility will be closed by the time the driver returns. Fedex customer service informed me that there is no way they can contact the driver until Tuesday! Today is Saturday. So, there is no way I can get the package myself. Customer service informed me that maybe they would be able to contact the driver Tuesday, but they are not sure.

Pa

Comments

• Fi
      5th of Sep, 2009

FedEx home delivery is a completely non-responsive company. I live in upstate rural NY. Early this week, I shipped my daughter's trumpet to NJ for repairs; the company there (Dillon Music) was very responsive. They fixed the trumpet immediately, and shipped it right back to us. Their only mistake? They used FedEx home delivery.

FedEx made an effort to deliver today, but did not leave the trumpet since no one was home. OK... I called, and asked them if they could leave it next time without the signature. The answer was "no." Well, can you tell me when you will next try to deliver it? "No." Well, can I pick it up? "Well, no, not until we try two more times to deliver over the next week." And it turns out that then I would need to drive to their facility in Horse Heads, NY, an hour from my home. Fed Ex has a big facility in Ithaca, NY, where I could easily go. Could they deliver it there and leave it for my pick up? "No. that is FedEx express, and we are FedEx home delivery."

So do not get confused! FedEx home delivery does not do express shipping. They do not care about the customer. And they should be the shipper of last resort.

We have great service from UPS here. Even the US post office does better.

• Lj
      29th of Jul, 2017

@finished with FedEx I agree. My nightmare began this past Friday when I arrived home from work to discover that my box had not been delivered to the office of my apartment complex. when I arrived at my apartment, I called FedEx customer service and was told an attempt was made, however, there was no notice, nor door tag showing the driver had been at my apartment. I was told that a second attempt would be made the following day, July 29th. This never happened. I stayed home all day today and the driver never showed up, but managed to log another delivery attempt (LOL). I knew this was false. I was at home all day waiting, and once again, no door tag on door. FedEx needs to track "some" of their drivers to ensure deliveries are actually being made. Two days in a row? There's a problem. Whose managing the Roseville, CA Home Delivery facility?

• Da
      13th of Dec, 2009

omfg another idiot costumer lol. First of all we cant take it to a fed ex express location because they are air, home and ground is ground. IT IS AGAINST FEDERAL LAW FOR AIR AND GROUND TO MIX. secound if a sig is required sorry, you need to sign for it. Out of 60-160 stops a day i have about 20 that cant get delivered. I usually give a stop 60 secounds to come to their front door if a sig is required, otherwise it gets left at the door. 60 secs is more than enough time after you hear the bell and knock, if you cant get off your ### fast enough im sorry you dont get your package. I have 60-160 stops that need to get done, i get zero help out there and im not done untill i finish and attempt every single one, so were not going to wait and keep knocking and knocking and knocking.

23rd of May, 2017

@danfiveten You are part of the problem with Fed Ex. I hate Fed Ex!

• Vi
      15th of Aug, 2017

@danfiveten FedEx drivers are the absolute worse. Imagine the rudeness this ahole is displaying to a customer. Mind you they are also fond of claiming they made a delivery attempt even when they didnt. This is something I have experienced before as FedEx ruined my day when I had to stay home all day expecting a package that never came. I called the company 3 times that day and they kept assuring me my package was on its way. By the 3rd call however they stated an attempt had been made which was a lie as there was no tag left on the front door and I was in all day.

28th of Dec, 2009

First of all your attitude as a driver sucks!!! "OMFG" Idiot customer" ...Yea more like lazy intolerable ### Delivery Driver, ...We Pay Your Wages ###!!!

If we weren't ordering merchandise or shipping merchandise then how do you expect a ###ing paycheck?...Yea So show a little bit of respect ###!!!

So you have to put up with customers...Boo Hoo Hoo Big Deal Its your Job SUCK IT UP!!!

If it bothers you so bad why don't you make a Fedex Home Delivery FAQ card with all the "STUPID" questions you get asked and answer them give the proposal to your manager, and see if he will approve printing some of these bad boys up and having them delivered with the customers package along with a smile.

Maybe you will get a promotion for such a great Idea?...Who Knows .

Tolerance buddy Tolerance!!!

20th of Nov, 2010

no promotions on this section of fedex... it's a dead-end job

not an hourly paid job like ups, usps, or even fedex express!

that driver over-reacted because if he doesn't sucessfully deliver the package, he won't get paid for the attempt

you can just leave a note with your signature for the next attempted delivery & he/she will have to bend the rules a bit to satisfy the customer

23rd of May, 2017

@Home Delivery Yeah, I've tried that, and the local driver here won't do it. I so hate Fed Ex! I've left 3 alternate addresses posted to my door that are all within 1 block that all have someone there to sign for a package for when I am not there. UPS will do it, but not Fed Ex.

• Th
      8th of Jan, 2011

The driver for Pottstown, Pa 19465 is a theif. Watched him stop at bottom of drive. Then did not get out of truck and drive off. Fedex says delivered. Best part was I called the local PD. They want to talk to him about some other issues related to packages not delivered. Same story. Looks like he's getting locked up. What a [censor]. Ship UPS or USPS if you dont want Theives...

8th of Jan, 2011

he is probably a driver for a contractor, you should also call the company and file a complaint; but whatever...

no complaints with a tracking number that you already know = the driver gets to stay on his job

if a company doesn't know the bad drivers from the good ones, how can they weed them out?

23rd of May, 2017

@Home Delivery I've lodged numerous complaints with the local station manager. I've sent complaint letters to the corporate office. The problem seems fixed for a very short time, and then goes right back to pissing me off! I hate Fed Ex!

• Fe
      19th of Nov, 2011

This is awesome. I love when people shout to me "FedEx Sucks!" or "Go Brown" cause I completely agree. The fact of the matter is the mother company FedEx makes is impossible to make any money being a contractor for them. You have to bend rules and break others. There isn't enough money to pay enough drivers to get everything done correctly. I work usually 16 hours a day and the only way to speed things up is to keep a good pace. Knock fill out the door tag, knock, stick door tag on door, knock scan door tag and bounce. Takes about a min and that's all you get. Don't talk to anyone other that hi here's your box. Also if I leave a box and I'm getting in my truck, don't stop me to ask if I need a signature. Also don't tell me your dog doesn't bite. Your dog doesn't bite YOU, it does bite me, it's its whole job in life is to bite me, the intruder. If it doesn't bite me than I say shoot it, it's useless. And to be honest I could use without about 35% of the volume so I am perfectly fine with saying FedEx does suck and I highly recommend UPS. At least there drivers are payed fairly with decent benefits.

23rd of May, 2017

@FEDEXNASH An honest guy. Thanks. I hate Fed Ex!

20th of Nov, 2011

well, Nash, why didn't you go to a job that pays by the hour? I ditched my contractors and went with the TEMP agency to get paid like Express & UPS

7th of Jan, 2013

has anyone tried to contact FedEx with a complaint i was an employee of a FedEx ground contractor he fried me the day after Christmas gave me no reason why he let me go and yes in Michigan at will he can do this but he also violates hes FedEx contract by paying a salary to some of hes employees and gets away with it most likely cant prove it but i am sure hes reason for letting me go was because of some type of retaliation toward me because i had asked for prof of settlement to see what my route was paying or my age not sure he did replace me with some one have my age although from what i here that's not working out so well not the kids fault my route was over 300 miles a day lots of two tracks not easy long days good luck to them you would think sense i have been working at the FedEx term for about 7 years one could talk to them about a issue but when i tried not much help they were so i am just another ex employee of a contractor for FedEx i always said we were only numbers to FedEx but now i am prof of it hopefully some day this contractor will get what he deserves i always went the extra mile to make sure i did my job the right way bag a tagged even in good weather stayed out late to make sure the customer got there package worked 60+ hours every week and this is where it got me oh well with that said i don't regret it, its just a shame FedEx has so little care for the drivers its just to bad.

27th of Jan, 2013

A Fedex contractor who lives near me hangs out on his back deck from 2 - 5 am - loud talking, laughing, loud music, drinking...
    Only happens when the Fedex truck is parked in front. Usually all night every 2 weeks. Cops are called, but stories of death in the family etc... are told. Bad press for Fedex I would think?

27th of Jan, 2013

I have the license and truck # of the Fedex truck - Fedex says it is a contracted driver, but still wouldn't you want to make sure it stopped - bad image for fedex

• Mc
      6th of Feb, 2013

If you Absolutely, Positively, want your items destroyed, use FEDEX!
    It has gotten to the point, where FEDEX has broken so many things I have ordered, that if a company ships FEDEX, I refuse to buy from them. I make sure and let the vendor know as well. If enough vendors, lose business because of FEDEX, they will start using a shipper that doesn't think its funny to screw the customer, and with any luck, FEDEX and its tribe of losers will shut down.

• Jb
      9th of Sep, 2014

Drivers attitudes suck! Being asked to sign for another company's packages is RIDICULOUS, just because I sit at the front desk. There are MULTIPLE companies in my building. We have had issues getting our product before because a driver let someone else, (not an employee of our company) sign for OUR package. But as he's leaving our building I hear his smart ### remark of WOW because I wouldn't sign for his package. Well suck it up princess because I'm NOT putting my John Henry on a document for someone else's stuff, and then have to be responsible for it!!! If you don't like your job, leave it!

• Is
      16th of Apr, 2017

@jbubblem Or get off your lazy ### and sign for your own company package. People complain, yet I'd love to see you do their job, butter cup.

• Bo
      7th of Mar, 2015

I dread it when I have ordered something and find out the shipper sent it via Fed Ex Home Delivery. I usually try to avoid using Home Delivery any time I can. Standard Fed Ex, UPS, USPS all deliver my packages just fine, but Fed Ex Home Delivery is always days slower, and they routinely will say delivery attempted when they never even stop at my address. I've also had a few times where they will say a delivery could not be made because the address was wrong, which it wasn't, of course. Just yesterday (Fri), I had a package which they said the address was wrong, so it couldn't be delivered. I called Fed Ex and told them the address was correct. They said they would make a note to the driver to call me if they can't find the address the next day, they said maybe it's a new driver. The next day (Sat), online tracking doesn't show the package went out, I call Fed Ex again, and they tell me they were not able to get the message to the driver. Really? Your drivers can't get phone calls or emails? Nor do you have any way to get messages to the sorting facilities or drivers? Get real! In any event, they say they will try to get the message to the driver next Tuesday. This package was suppose to take 3 days to get delivered, it's been 9 days so far, and looks like Tuesday will make it 12 days, if it actually gets delivered then. For Christ sake, I can get packages From China in that time frame... Fed Ex Home Delivery truly does suck!!!

• Mj
      28th of Dec, 2015

Fed ex Home Delivery is horrendous!!! Ive been waiting for my package for 8 days now and there has still been no attempt to deliver after multiple calls to customer service. Meanwhile UPs has delivered over 12 packages to me on or before time. Fed ex has gone down the drain.

• Nt
      1st of May, 2017

ridiculous window for signature delivery, expect you to be there all day

• Gg
      24th of Jun, 2017

Its already been 11 days and our package has been 20 minutes from our NorCal house twice! It then went to SoCal and AZ and back to CA. Today tracking said out delivery on Sat and never arrived, now we're suppose to wait until Tues, really?! Customer support is in Latin America. Rep won't elevate me to corporate or give me his boss. We've been tracking it and manufacture too and we still can't get it here. Worst experience ever. Do not use FedEx home ever!

24th of Feb, 2018

Who is FedEx hiring as Drivers/Deliverers? When "specific" instructions are given to deliver to the Apartment, they obviously don't care and leave Packages in the Lobby, Then when you "call" about it, they lie and lie and lie!
    If I ran my business this way, I'd be out-of-business!

10th of Oct, 2018

FedEx lies. Period. They have never been on time at my home. I boycott anyone who uses them now.