Fedex / damage caused by fedex
I have had a bad experience with Fed-Ex. About two weeks ago, I sent an expensive instrument back to the store from where I purchased it, in New Jersey, just for tuning. Between Illinois and New Jersey, this instrument was damaged beyond belief. I had it insured for replacement value. I thought I was covered.
Today, I received a letter in the mail, stating that my claim had been denied. I immediately called and talked to an agent.
He explained to me that I had only insured the box that I sent it in! He also said that the claim was denied because they asume no liability for the contents of the package. What is the purpose of this so-called insurance?
I am going to have to pay for the damage that these people did to my instrument. UPS also damaged my accordion in December 2007. They bent all the pins in the bass section causing them to be replaced. I had this insured, too. UPS denied my claim because the store I shipped to had thrown away the box. If UPS can't see the box, they don't pay, either. Talk about rip-off artists.
I would be intested in receiving information from anyone having troubles similar to mine for a possible class-action suit.
More Fedex Complaints & Reviews
- Fedex - poor service 
- FedEx Ground - tuition reimbursement not paid out 
- Fedex Home Delivery - if you are lucky you will get it! 
- Fedex - clearance delay 
- Fedex - bad driver 
- FedEx Corporate Services - fedex delivery drivers
- FedEx Corporate Services - fedex delivery service
- FedEx Corporate Services - a package that was not delivered to me
- FedEx Corporate Services - package delivery (tracking # 176084270092653)
- FedEx Corporate Services - box not being picked up/serviced