Fedex / poor service

FedEx is useless. I have freight arriving nearly daily and only FedEx causes problems. Their rag-tag ground service is unregulated since they use contract drivers, and air service is only slightly better. The tracking information is always out of date or in error and delivery quality is horrible.

I actually had FedEx call for directions, while a UPS driver was talking to me. I had HIM tell them how to get here and they still showed up the next day!

Now It's 7:00 pm, the tracking says that a package is 'on truck for delivery' Customer service says there is no late time limit for delivery. Any bets it doesn't show up! The driver is probably home having supper.

NOTE TO FEDEX DRIVERS:

The next time you leave a delivery, up on the shoulder of the public road, off of our property, It's mine, and I'll file for a lost package. Maybe your lazy ways will change and you'll deliver it properly next time.

Va

Comments

• Si
      2nd of Oct, 2006

Recently we had a Cell phone shipped to us and the delivery guy threw our package from the road to the door instead of coming to our door and safely keeping it in front of our door. He didnt even knock the door bell. The tracking number for this shipment is 732533211849.

• Va
      14th of May, 2008
    FedEx - The worst I've experienced
    www.fedex.com

I am a buyer for Hilton Hotels, so we use FedEx all the time. NEVER have they arrived to pick-up a package for return due to an error they/'someone' made in the first place. We have had merchandise packed and ready to go for 2-5 months. Finally told them I was just going to toss it out the door...that's when they showed up. Zero integrity...FedEx only about the buck not the item or customer. The worst I've experienced. UPS or DHL all the way. Even US postal is better!! Calling does not help.

21st of May, 2008

get off your ### and bring to post office!!! not fedex fault if they did not caquse the screw up, quit your ###!!!

22nd of May, 2008

NOTE T SCAMMER!!! You can file a claim, but fedex will deny to all ends. Fedex hates liars and thieves and hates you, YOU THIE[censored]

• Ny
      16th of Jun, 2008

FedEx is utter useless. I have had parcels shipped from the USA and each time it's Fedex, the last message I see on the tracking service is :

At dest sort facility POYLE GB

Then it usually takes another 3 weeks and does not change and someday it pops up; guess what ? That was International Priority Shipment. A week ago I placed an order and the same thing has happened. Being in urgent need, I have asked my shipper to send the stuff again via DHL and I decided to pay again. I just received the stuff this morning. 72 hours later. FedEx is utter useless, maybe sometime in July they will pop up with the package.

• Ta
      25th of Apr, 2009

Yes, also their offices here in Egypt are very bad, they have one car per office for everywhere, the driver may feel that he is tired and need to rest, then he just doesn't deliver and give the order the status "Address not found", and when you report that to office, they apologize and make no response, and they say that we tried to call you but there was no answer, your phone was off, ...

• Mo
      31st of Jul, 2009

I totally agree, i had a package arriving from US to Egypt, it arrived in Egypt after 3 days which is good but i had to wait 2 extra days before seeing status changing to Clearence delay. I was just waiting after until i decided to search for Fedex number in Egypt which is wrong on Fedex website, it seems that they don't update their page and i received a notice by mail that my package was held at the customs, i checked number to call them to understand why they are sending me such notice, is there something required from me???!!! the phone number on the notice is also wrong!!! Well, I finally managed to get a number for Fedex Egypt after 3 days of waiting, when i called, i was told that it is held on customs so i asked if anything is required from me, the answer was "no", i told the guy so why i received a notice??!! he asked me to hold then came back advising that i should make a delegation for Fedex to clear the package (why no one told me that before??!!!) so i did and fax it to them, the next day i received a second warning notice from Fedex that my package will return to sender or destroyed!!!, i contacted Fedex number again and explained the whole story again and that i provided a delegation yesterday (it seems that they don't keep record of customers calling or able to track anything) he advised that this second notice is for telling me that it is held in the customs. The next day, i received another papers from Fedex which is a copy of the request done by Fedex for the customs and Customs feedback, i can tell you that i have spent almost 3hours trying to understand what those papers were about and what should i do with them, as usual, i contacted Fedex and as usual, they told me that it is pending clearence from customs, so i have to repeat the whole story with my contacts with Fedex, after she told me that if something is needed from me, they will contact me so i asked her why did i receive papers from Fedex request with the customers, she hanged a little bit before asking me to hold, after some long time, she came back and told me that she will put me in contact with their guy in the airport who advised me that those papers needs to be signed by some governamental party to allow my goods to get into the country (like i was supposed to know that by my own!!!) and i have to do it by myself as it is outside the airport!! he advised that once i have the approval, i should contact him so he send me someone to collect the approval (Thanks God), I managed to get the approval two hours after (good thing when dealing with governamenal entity), i called same number and resaid what is going on adding what i am requesting now as i was leading the whole process, i know what is going on more than them, but she advised me to call the call center (i didn't know that the number i got was the custom departement within Fedex) so i called the call center and explained what is going on and what i am requesting, he advised me my details so he can send someone to pick up the approval (he seemed new starter as there was someone beside him telling him what to ask me, it was surprising that they didn't get my info by themselves specially that i provided them the tracking number where my info are listed), well the courrier got and took the approval, two days later, it is still same status, no one is contacting me to let me know what is happening and the call center doesn't know anything (i believe the only tool thsy have is the tracking tool that i can check from the net which is not very clear to understand what is going on) so i decided to write this complain on Fedex as i still not getting any concrete step nor does they keep me updated.
    I forgot to mention that it is currently delayed from the initial expected date by 5 days and that i choose "international priority service" to get it soon but for sure i regret to have chosen Fedex for this shipment and i regret more that i have chosen "international priority service", it is really slow. And i still don't know how much will they surcharge me

• St
    Chicago
    Illinois
    Phone: 773/522/2559
    sbiggs694171@aol.com

I never got my intro package or any other dvd's all togeather columbia owe me 143. 00 dollares i want my money asap by fed ex or ups my nane is steven d. Biggs address is 1615 s. Central park ave #2 chicago il 60623 please call me asap at 773 / 522 / 2559 within the next 72 hours i also made police report with the chicago police report # is hr 590124 please send my money right away i been waiting cloce to 8 months i do not want to wait any loner for my money send it right away within 2 to 3 business days

• Ye
      16th of Nov, 2009
    Federal Express - Horrible company
    Federal Express
    fedex.com

So, on the day of June 1st, 2009 I was driving home from grocery shopping, and a fed. ex. driver hit me, he was speeding, and damaged the drivers side fender and door. I filed a claim with them, and Michelle Burrows of "Broadspire" is handling my claim, and it is now over a month later, and still NOTHING! My car is still damaged, and I have medical bills. Fed Ex Is a horrible company.

15th of Dec, 2009
    Fedex - Nonsense
    fedex.com

I shipped an empty Bicycle carrier last winter. It is huge, and it was empty. I bought the best one as the company guarantees safety of packed bikes. I shipped a bike one way and shipped the empty case home. The case was "lost" in Fedex terminal.

The case cost about $600. Fedex made me search for all documentation I had and then without any explanation sent me $100 telling me the empty case was uninsured. This is nonsense. Now we must go to court and I made it my mission to tell the world to stay away from these greedy creeps.

• Fe
      24th of Dec, 2009

I must agree! FedEx = useless!

I understand it is the holiday season, and there could be some delays, but this is par for course anytime FedEx is used to send a packaage to my house. I live in a rual area about 10 miles north of Rochester, Indiana and since Rochester in the northern edge ofthe route for the driver who comes from Kokomo, he or she doesn't even bother to deliver many times.

I even paid extra for 2-day delivery knowing that there may be a delay. I spent the day yesterday (Dec 23) at home all day knowing that I had to sign for the package. I watched the tracking online. I knew the package was in a delivery vehicle and on the way (according to online tracking).

Traking said I would have my package by 7 pm. hahaha When It started getting dark, I knew I could just forget about it showing up. When I checked online this morning, my package was now back at the Kokomo distribution facility. I pretty sure the driver made no attempt to deliver this package. I was home all day
    and had my phone on at all times. Nobody even tried to contact me.

Come on FedEx... Should I really have t drive 50 miles to your facility to find my package?

• Sk
      31st of Jan, 2010
    Fedex Courier - Content of parcel to be delivered
    FedEx Courier
    Nigeria
    ng@live.com

Description/Content of parcel to be delivered:

An attached letter of weight: -------------0.15kg
    Bonded BANK DRAFT of weight : -------------0.17kg
    Total weight of parcel : ------------0.32kg
    Color of Parcel : -------------White ( FedEx Envelop)
    Length of days :------------------------- 24 Hours
    Delivery Type:------------------------- - Premium Service
    Bill to:--------------------------- ------SATYEDNER KUMAR SINHA .
    Delivery Location:---NP 7 C PITAM PURA DELHI INIDA
    mno 9999355735

NOT I AM NOT RECIVED THIS PARCEL TO MY ADDRESS PL

HEL ME

• De
      21st of Feb, 2010

FEDEX HAS TO BE JUSTICE, SOMETIMES THEY CAN HOLD ON YOUR PACKAGES WHICH YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, THIS THINGS ALWAYS HAPPEN IN GHANA WEST AFRICA, SO PLEASE TELL FEDEX IN GHANA TO DO JUSTICE BYEE DENNIS KEVIN

• Br
      11th of May, 2010
    FedEx - NO DELIVERY/Customer Service
    Alabama

Apparently FedEx doesn't deliver anymore; you must meet them to get your packages.
    I needed a package delivered urgently so I paid the extra money for Express Delivery. My package was supposed to be delivered on Monday, 5/10/10. Or so I was told. When the package did not arrive when scheduled, I called to follow up. I was told that the package would come in the next day. Sometime.
    I received a call at 9:46 a.m. on 5/11/10 and was told that the driver's truck was "broken down". Could I meet him? Seriously. As stated earlier, this package was urgent, I really needed it, so I drove the 7 miles and met him. When I got there, I was not given my package (that the driver had in his hand) right then because the driver was on his break. I was finally able to sign for my package at 10:12 a.m. Also, the driver must have repaired his truck between the phone call that I received and meeting him, because he was able to drive away.
    Upon calls to Customer Service, I was told that the package did not arrive on 5/10/10 as it should because:
    a) Incorrect address,
    b) Incorrect phone number or
    c) Driver Error.
    These excuses varied with the various/numerous customer service representatives with whom I spoke. When I told one of them that Iwas forced to drive to pick up a package that was supposed to be delivered, I was told that "that was on me".
    I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and will NEVER use FedEx again.

• Je
      11th of May, 2010

Fedex is a pretty big company... I wouldn't expect your one mishap to really persuade anyone.

I don't disagree with you, but I wouldn't go so far as to never use Fedex again. For some things, they are very good at what they do.

I am either really pleased with Fedex, or really pissed at them. Last year I had to go through a lot of trouble because the delivery truck kept coming at 9 am while I was at school. I came home to a slip of paper informing me they would keep trying, or I would have to pick it up.

With Fedex, there is no way to tell them when a good time for them to come is, and with this particular delivery I could not simply sign a slip of paper and leave it on the porch.

I think they changed that though because last week I missed a package and I just signed a slip they left me and it was left on the porch when I came home.

Actual delivery times in my opinion are better than UPS and slightly cheaper sometimes.

17th of May, 2010

On Thursday I discovered 2 door tags (tried to deliver) on my door. First off, if the delivery person had ANY sense they would have put the second tag in another location, not on top of the first, in hopes of getting them noticed.
    On Friday I called FedEx & was told all the packages for that door tag have been delivered. Situation resolved, or so I thought.
    Friday evening I get home & notice another door tag. I call again & was told that there are 2 packages that need to be signed for. Since I work "near" their facility I figured I would stop by & pick it up. I got the exact location & office hours.
    Monday I called to verify my packages weren't inadvertently sent out for delivery, they weren't. I arrived at their facility approximately at noon & was promptly told by the security guard that there were specific times for package pickup.
    On my way back to my vehicle I tried calling FedEx to complain (not once in my previous 3 phone calls had a "package pickup time" been mentioned) & was abruptly hung up on by their representative "Michael".
    Now my packages are being held hostage while I can figure out a way to get my packages "at their convenience".

• Ho
      26th of May, 2010

I called to inform FedEx that i would not be home from
    1:30-2:30 pm everyday to receive my package. So for the last 2 days they came at 1:45 and 2:10. I called them when i got home and they told me that i have to drive down there and pick it up. It is 2 hours away from my home. So i guess i will have to drive down there to pick it up or they will ship it back within 7 days. Thanks FedEX for the worst service i have ever had. I will Never have anything shipped from them again.

• Bi
      24th of Jun, 2010
    Fedex / Fedexoffice - service

Great article on the decline of Fedex and fedex office as well.

• Ki
      12th of Aug, 2010
    FedEx - Didnt deliver the package on time
    Fedex

Very bad service from Fedex. Fedex didn't deliver on time stating I have an apt# on my address but my order receipt tells me otherwise. Attempted to deliver the package but didnt leave it in my porch. They said they needed a signature. Called them to reroute at my work address. They didn't show up. Got a message to pick up the package in Moline. I'm so pissed off!!! They should have told me the first time I called that they can't deliver at work. Why can't I just pick it up at Davenport locations. I have to friggin drive 30 mins. to Moline to pick it up. I'm so pissed right now.didnt deliver the package on time

• Si
      8th of Sep, 2010
    Fedex Express - Unresponsive - no quote, no business
    Fedex Express
    fedex.com

I phoned ±3 weeks ago to get a quote. I had to phone back three times, and eventually got prices over the phone, but never received a written document, either by Email or fax. When I queried it, I was told 'the computers are down, our email doesn't work'.

The customer order has now materialised, the quantities are slightly different, so I need a re-quote, and then I can ship. When I phoned, I was told the computers were down, so no quote could be done. I phone a few hours later, and the computers had just come online, and I was told you will have quote in 10 minutes. 30 minutes later nothing.

I phoned the 0800 number on your website - it doesn't work. I phoned your national number (011). I was put on endless hold music. I gave up after 10 minutes of holding. I sent an email via your website - nothing, no response.

If you are not making as much money as you think you should, it's not because of a 'world economic melt down'.