Fedex / no customer service

United States Review updated:
Contact information:

In order to finalize a passport application, I was required to send further documentation to the passport office in Seattle, Wa. I was asked to forward the documents overnight with proof of delivery and signature in order to finish my application.

Because this timing was critical, I used FedEx to ship the documents. I prepared and shipped the package on Friday, 1/9/2009, and paid for Priority Overnight shipping so that the package would be at the passport office on Monday morning, 1/12/2009.

The package arrived in Seattle on Saturday (the next day) scheduled for delivery to the office on Monday. I monitored the FedEx website from 8:00 am to noon on Monday to confirm that the package had been received but all it showed was that the package was on the FedEx vehicle for delivery. At noon, I finally called the 1-800 number to find out where my package was. After several minutes on hold, I was told that someone was trying to contact the driver. I called back an hour later, again I was told they were trying to contact the driver to find out the delivery status. Finally at 3:00 pm, I was told that they were “pretty sure” the package had been delivered but that the driver had already left for the day and I would have to wait until Tuesday to confirm delivery.

My complaint at that point was that I needed proof of delivery that day, which is why I paid for Priority Overnight shipping and that the timing of this delivery was critical because I had to contact the main passport office in Washington, DC, which is 3 hours ahead of us, to prove I had sent the required papers. I was told that a customer service advocate would contact me.

A little after 4:00 pm, I called back because no customer service advocate had ever called me. At that time, I was basically told “too bad, there’s nothing we can do.”

On Tuesday morning (1/13/2009), I again monitored the internet for proof of delivery. I called FedEx at 11:00 am to find out the status of my package. They again told me they would try to contact the driver and find out where the package was, they understood why I would be upset and a supervisor by the name of Mr . Haberly would contact me because of the foul-up. NO ONE EVER CALLED……EVER.

At noon on Tuesday (1/13/2009), the website finally showed the package had been delivered; however, there was no signature image available. I am asking for a phone call from the supervisor Mr. Haberly. I think it would be appropriate if I was reimbursed for my fee since my package was not delivered in a timely way. I paid top dollar for their service and didn't receive the service that I should have been given. Mostly I just wanted someone to do what they told me they would do-like return my calls.

Sort by: UpDate | Rating


  • Te
      23rd of Oct, 2010

    Don't ever use Fedex if timing is crucial!

    0 Votes

Post your comment