Fedex / bad service

This is an occurrence that has happened to me numerous times and need other people to be aware of. Fedex and Fedex ground operate differently. I had many occurrences where Fedex Ground refused to deliver my package. They lied and noted in the tracking system that the address doesn't exist when it really does. The next day they tried to deliver again and the message says "can not find address" when they been to my house many times prior. Please... these guys are carriers. That's their job to know that stuff. WTF? I even told them to call me if they need directions and they never did. I asked them what I need to do to receive my package since their driver refused to deliver to my house. They said to drive 60 miles and pick it up at dispatch. I then recommended to have them drop it off at Fedex/Kinko. They said "no" because they don't accept Fedex packages. Then I told them to remove the "Fedex" from "Fedex/Kinko" because it is misleading.

What is really going on here is that Fedex Ground are not real Fedex employees. They contract their delivery. You will find that these contractors are no where near as competent as Fedex employees.

Or

Comments

Va
  25th of Apr, 2008

Took off from work to receive a package from FedEx. They never rang the doorbell or knocked. Had to travel 15 miles two days later to get package. On top of this, FedEx expects me to deliver their packages and mail. They leave packages, envelops, etc at my door, side door and on front door that does not belong to that address. My address is clearly visible and FedEx continues to leave mail for my neighbours (who are probably home) at my door. As of yesterday, I have dumped all packages and mail into the USPS boxes. These are homes not apartment buildings.

8th of May, 2008

I have observed on multiple occasions Federal Express tractor-trailer trucks operating in an unsafe manner. Generally, it is excessive speed, but I have also seen erratic lane changes several times.

When I have attempted to call the Federal Express customer contact centre, they are anything but helpful. They usually tell me I have called the wrong number, even though I am dialling the exact phone number printed on the trailer.

When I am finally able to get a customer service agent from Federal Express to take down my complaint, I have requested someone call me back to acknowledge receipt of my call, but not once have I received a return call.

Several weeks ago, I wrote to the President of Federal Express about these same issues. One of his assistants did call me, but the individual was anything but cordial, acknowledged receipt of the letter, and then terminated the call without even saying goodbye.

Many tractor-trailer trucks weigh as much as 80, 000 pounds, which is 25 times as much as the average passenger car. They take much longer to stop and are more susceptible to high winds. Most of the Federal Express tractor-trailer fleet consists of double-trailers which are heavier, harder to stop, and more dangerous in high winds or wet roads.

From the driver’s seat of my car, it appears to me that Federal Express is not interested in operating their fleet of tractor-trailers safely. Perhaps a letter from your office will persuade them to take highway safety more seriously.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Up
  20th of May, 2008

Stop your whining, you sound like a baby. They have a job to do and you are probably in their way. Grab a tissue and blow your nose complain to someone who cares. GOOD DAY!

14th of Sep, 2008

I ordered vital computer parts for my company's production database server. I paid for expedited shipping. Unfortunately, the vendor shipped them out via FedEx. It was supposed to arrive on Monday or Tuesday. According to FedEx tracking, it arrived at a local hub (a few miles from my house) at 4:00 AM and was put on a truck for delivery by 5:15 AM. I waited all day for the package to arrive. As I mentioned, the package was very important so I didn't want to be away and miss the delivery. 4:30 PM rolled around - no package. I called FedEx and left my number to make sure that the driver could contact me. 8:00 PM rolled around - still no package and no update to the status on their tracking site. I called again. The FedEx operator informed me that the local hub employees had left for the day and that he'd leave a message for them to deliver it to me as early as possible the next day. Infuriated, I called back to let them know that that wasn't good enough. This time, it turns out, the local hub manager was still there. They transferred me to him. He told me that they could not locate the package but that they'd keep trying. I'm going to give them another call in the morning.

I promise to never use FedEx again and to encourage as many other to do the same.

Mo
  3rd of Oct, 2008

I have had a similar experience with fedex delivery-- i only wish they would tell the truth. The employees dont seem to be motivated and if i were you i would go with DHL (what with wht they charge!!!).

Ma
  20th of Jan, 2009

I ordered a package from apple and they were shipping it by fedex and it was supposed to be delivered the 15 and we were home wating and they never showed up like the fede driver had said then the next day they showed up but noone was home and they said it was the second atempt and they said they dont deliver packages on saturday but they delivered my uncles and then they said they would deliver it monday but never showed up and never showed up and now im wating again for this package this is bull crap I will never use there service again

Ma
  20th of Jan, 2009

fedex is the worst service I have ever seen in my life they dont even care about the costumers they only care about money and thats worng never ever use fedex

Na
  9th of Feb, 2009

I just had a simular thing happen. Was waiting for a VERY important over night package that was sent to me...was standing RIGHT AT my living room window watching the truck. Never buzzed my apartment building main door to be let in. Ridiculous. Then didn't bother to go over to the rental office to leave it.

Al
  17th of Feb, 2009

Fedex ground is truly horrible. I have been waiting for a package for a whole month from ny to nj! the first time they send it back to the shipper. the second time they say I was not there, they leave no notice. Calling customer service is a waste of time because all they do is read what the tracking # says. Dont expect them to call you back with an update or fix a problem. Poor service from what used to be a top rate carrier. Only UPS from now on.

Me
  8th of Apr, 2009

This is only about the FEDEX in EL Paso Texas. I really don’t even know where to begin.

Yes I do….
the first incident was when my husband was deployed, I am a military wife (fyi) . I had just delivered my son he was three days old. I got home just in time for a glider that I bought to be delivered by Fedex. The day it was supposed to come they never delivered it. I called they said they had the wrong address and couldn’t change it, I would have to call who I bought it from to change the address. I called the company I bought the glider from and they said they gave fedex the right address to begin with and gave fedex a call anyway, who claimed to have now fixed the situation. Needless to say within the next few days still no glider. I had to go down to the fedex store with my newborn still recovering from childbirth pick up the gilder by myself and bring it home!

The second incident: I live in a duplex that was remodeled into a one family home so one side of our house has a gate that leads to the back yard and basement. The other side is our garage, there is no front door to the house at all. On the side with our 12 foot Iron gate there are numerous signs saying DO NOT DELIVER anything to this side of the house instead please go to the garage because we do not use this side of the house. We have our mailbox, and a doorbell next to the garage as well as a little place to put deliveries. Today I got a delivery from fedex on the garage side with no problem. Later this evening we had strong winds and my husband went to check something on the basement side of the house, there was a box that was sun washed that had been thrown over the 12 foot gate. He brought it into the house and when we opened it, it was Gourmet cheese I had ordered! Needless to say the cheese is bad now. I called fedex and complained only to learn it had been delivered 4 days before. I use the term delivered lightly, I should say thrown over our 12 foot Wall/cast iron gate! The cheese came in glass jars with oil in it. None of the glass had broken thank goodness but why would a fedex person throw something over a 12 foot cast iron gate with a sign in front of him saying to deliver to another side of the house?
Okay im done ranting I feel better, I hope someone actually does something about the EL Paso FEDEX one day.. I am laving for Japan in a few month I will miss el Paso but NOT the EL Paso FEDEX!

Th
  15th of Nov, 2009

our shipment arrived Kuwait on 03-11-2009 from Dubai, documents for clearance collected completely on 09-11-2009. Today 16-11-2009 the shipment status is showing "clearance delay". many times called customer service same answer they are giving and refused to give any higher management contact details. worse thing is each time they are putting the telephone on hold - to listen Fedex advertisement. We are planning to instruct our suppliers world wide to avoid this useless courier service.
Not only one shipment, this month 2 or 3 shipments they delivered late. For everybody's information, please use air freight shipments services from a shipping company, it is cheap, easy and faster than this.

Ak
  3rd of Dec, 2009

I hv order clothes online from RalphLauren. The package was supposed to be delivered on Dec 2. However, it came on Dec1 so I was not available to recieve it and got a door tag that told me they would came the next day.
Therfore, I waited a whole day from 11am to 4pm but there was no delivery! Then I checked online on Fedex website and found out that they missed me again! ( I was so confused that I didnt hear anyone knocking door...)
At the same day, after 5pm, I checked online again and I was told to pick up my package by myself at the Fedex station where is 5.31mi away from me!
Then I called 1.800 to ask for changing the pick-up location. The representative was so RUDE and the attitude was so BAD!!! After I stated my problem. He just tell me the original pick-up location, then he was ignoring me in the phone, didnt answer my other questions, and keep slinent!!! (there was no communication anymore so I hang up the phone!)
So I called the second time, which s another representative answered. This time, the female representative's attitude was also not good but still better than the previous one! For my request, she said that she couldn't help and keep on asking me to pick up my package by myself even I have told her that Fedex station is really far from me and I am new in Seattle, not a driver and don't how to get there by any transportation. Unfortunately, she still didn't help and said the shipper didn't allow them to change the pick up location!
Until I called to RalphLauren ask for helping, the problem has been solved finally...
I am so disappointed to Fedex about the quality of the service, and their representative's attitude.
Really don't understand why they couldn't change the pickup location for me since I have all the documents to prove I am the reciever!
And there is one more bad service of Fedex is there is no 3 attempts to me! They just came for 2 times only!
and their reason for could not deliver to me is they do not have the enter code of my apartment!
I wanna know how come they don't have, since the UPS have one and I just got the delivery from UPS at the same day!
Never use Fedex again and avoid the companies which use Fedex!
It is a terrible experience of using Fedex!

Fo
  29th of Jan, 2011

So i ship a package out international and the fedex pickup driver does not give my a copy of my airway bill number. i call in to ask fedex to give it to me and they tell me they can't. i gave them my address, the receivers address and also told them to call the phone number on the package which will be my phone number and they're still telling they can't help me out.

I mean what kind of customer service is this?...they don't even realise the urgency of my situation to try something to help.

Ke
  8th of Mar, 2011

I ordered a package from amazon on 02/14 it said 5-8 buisness days shipping. It didn't leave them until a week later 02/21 arrived that night 10pm at Fed Ex smart post in Kent, WA. It then sat there and didn't show leaving there until 02/23 after 7pm 2 days sitting in the store!! Really? When I track the package it finally now says post office is notified of incoming delivery due 25th- yet post office has still not seen anything.Two more days of no tracking. I expected more from Amazon and Fed Ex but the smart post is not a direct Fed ex so if I can't be guaranteed regular fed ex no indirect offices I won't order from Amazon.

So
  25th of Sep, 2011

I have had, More Problems, With FEDEX. Than Any Other Service. Better service with USPS, UPS, & DHL. that is right DHL. I have in Transit Right Now. It was Shipped to Houston, from Kentucky. It is in OHIO. The Fedjerk who Finally answered Phone Said it is Going to be Shipped from There, BY USPS. I Paid Extra for What? A World or National Trip. That is Not All. In the Past I had a Package Very Mysterously Show Up on My Door Step the Next Morning. SUNDAY. After I got Upset with the Regional Dispatch Manager. The Item was suppose to be Over-Nite. It took TWO Weeks. Here I have a Similar Problem. The Deliveries, Show, 24 / 7. That is Right. AND, they Leave a Note that they Left a Package ? For Every-body to see it. They say it is ON the Truck. BUT, NO time AM / PM for Delivery. I had a Service Company, I Worked for. And the State Required you give AM or PM Slots. Also, We would leave a Tag. As we where there. They where Not. And to Call Office. That is Why I DO NOT DEAL WITH FEDEX YO-YO's.