Expedia.ca / tried cancel trip to san diego!

Canada Review updated:

We tried to cancel our trip to San Diego , CA for Dec 27-31, 2007 due to unexpected personal reasons. Here is our nightmare experience: We called expedia.ca Customer service on November 12, 2007 to cancel our trip. We were put on hold to listen to music for 2-3 hours. We called at least 3 times that day, but each time we got the same problem: waited to listen to music when they transfered us to their flight department to cancel our flight. We gave up! We called them again on November 13, November 14, November 15... Same thing happened. We were put on hold & listening music when transfered to flight department.

The worst happened on November 15. It seemed There is nobody working @ your flight department After your support representative transfered our call to flight department and we were put on hold and listening the music through the night for 8 hours from 22:30 pm November 14 to 6:30 am in the morning of November 15 and we fed up to hang up the phone because we had to go to work!

We have continued to call their customer support rep @ [protected] and continued to be put on hold and continued to listen to music "hours to hours" since Nov 15 until November 16 , I got hold of a manager. We request her to cancel our trip and get our refund. She promised to send our request to her head Office to check. We continued to call the manager November 19, 20 but no news... of decision!!!

We wonder the people working @ customer service expedia.ca are playing the game with their customers! We wonder the fight cancellation department is a"phantom" or "Ghost" department??? try to fool their customers?? As of today November 22, We have not been able to cancel our airline flight and get a full refund or full credit for use on future flight

This is a nightmare experience we want to share with all of you. Please do not use expedia.ca to book your travel vacation.

Regards,
Nhung.

Comments

Ph
  26th of Nov, 2007
Try calling the airline directly and telling them that you would like to check to see if Expedia did what they said they were going to do. Some people have had success with the airlines and some haven't. If you get an agent who is not willing to help hang up and try again with a different agent. I've had success with the airline.

I absolutely understand what you are going through and hope you get this resolved shortly. Good luck.
Ja
  11th of Dec, 2007
I had booked a car through Expedia.ca For health reasons we could not travel. So giving them a resonable 30 days notice for the cancellation . They where more than happy to keep $ 50 of my money. The total retal was $ 153.66. So that seems far dont you think. I sure as heck DONT... never again!
Je
  29th of Jan, 2008
ok well about the flight cancelation shut up ok they tryed and unfortunatly they could not help at that time because of the flight department oh no sorry to hear haha not. and as for the car thing dud if you read the rules and ### there was a 50$ change or cancelation penalty in the rules befor you booked so shut up if you did not read the rules thats your fault boo ###ing hoo suck it up and stop being ###ing babys ok. god dammit you ppl piss me off. read the rules and regulations befor you go crazy k they are there for a reason if you choose not to read them thats your own fault no one to blame but your self. soo on that note.....go suck big hairy balls......*HEY LOOK A BALL* *GET THE BALL YOU ###ING ###ED ###S*
Ch
  23rd of Nov, 2010
I am having the SAME EXACT problem right now and I am LIVID!!! Crazy thing is...their customer service caused me to dbl book a ticket because it didn't go thru online - then I got a call a month later stating that I had to call them to update my travel information - that's how I found out I had dbl booked!! I'm typing this as I'm on hold waiting for the manager!
Their customer service is rude - their managers are rude - I can not deal with these people!
I will NEVER recommend Expedia.ca to ANYONE ever again!
Thier service is alarming!!! >:(